Universal Love Congratulations PFD and Tom Stewart - Named in the 2018 AA Team!

Remove this Banner Ad

Baudolino

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 20, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
I know we have another thread for general discussion of the AA team, but I thought it would be worth making a stand-alone one specifically to celebrate the two Geelong players who managed to make it. Mods feel free to merge if you'd rather conversation be kept to one thread.

We can commiserate about the absurdity of Hawkins missing out elsewhere of course, but let's not ignore the accomplishments of our two AA representatives. Danger's sixth AA nod and Tommy Stewart's first. Extremely well deserved on both counts. Congratulations to the boys. :thumbsu:

Patrick Dangerfield, Geelong. All Australian 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018.

21 games in 2018.
594 disposals @ 28.39 per game
318 contested possessions @ 15.14 per game
24 goals
22 goal assists
115 clearances
24 contested marks
107 inside 50m
96 tackles.
422 metres gained per game

Tom Stewart, Geelong. All Australian 2018.

21 games in 2018
426 disposals @ 20.39 per game
One goal
130 marks
19 contested marks
117 rebound 50m
153 intercepts @ 7.3 per game
44 tackles
351 metres gained per game

Per Footywire, all the areas in which PFD and Stewart are ranked in the competition's top 20 players this year:

Dangerfield:

Stewart:

Last edited:

Not many examples of it here, but I love that thing he does where he goes after the ball at full pace and gathers without any deceleration whatsoever. Most players lose momentum as they collect the ball...not Tom.

massive effort
but that defence is so loose
mcgovern, whitfield, and rance, laird
no lock down defender

there is a rumour that stewart is in because of his tats as there is no other reason that buddy can be named captain
because he aint inspirational or upstanding citizen

love how a player suspended because he runs away from drug testers, has a lenient suspension, is named in the AA squad

Well done to both! Dangerfield has been great for a long time. I'm probably more impressed by Stewart, love the way he goes about it, I get excited whenever I see him go near the ball and almost expect him to do something intelligent with the ball, shades of Scarlett. Hopefully many more great years ahead of him!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back