News Congratulations Sam Murray - Round 3 Rising Star

Remove this Banner Ad

I was talking to some people involved with Junior footy about the upcoming draft and me being under the impression it was a super draft and how we gave up an amazing pick with our second rounder to get Murray. Their thoughts were the top end is bloody fantastic but the depth may not actually be there. Obviously it's still a valuable pick to be downgrading and things can change as the year goes on, but looks like with the way Murray has played and the possible strength of the draft we may not have stuffed this up like some have said.
All the talk is the first 15 to 20 or so.

Plus the depth in key positions.

Will Kelly for us? Might fill a need.

Unless we can get Jack Lukusious...

Congratulations been as hot on this kid as anyone

Respect to gc and bad horse for their posts and courage

Wish a few more would join in

As the old saying goes

Bird ( magpie) in the hand , much better than in the bush

I'm on the bandwagon Darky and I'm bringing beer.

As the old saying goes

I think you were hotter than anyone, Darky! Well done on keeping the faith, no matter what was thrown up!

Didnt realise he was eligible because he plays like a 25 year old.

I also didnt realise he was eligible.

I dont think he plays like a 25yo, because I still have questions over his disposal/decision making after those runs (but as long as they aren't straight turnovers, you can live with some errant kicks, given how much he helps in breaking the lines and get quick entries into our fwd half/50).

I do think he plays like someone with a good 25-30 AFL games under his belt though - theres definitely something in the way Sydney develops these guys, especially when the NEAFL is sub-par.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love Murray but we should have left the trade period with our second rounder AND him.
Unfortunately we had to trade with an actual football club who had seen him play and train and knew he had some serious attributes. It would have worked out much better for us if we had have been able to do the trade with some big footy experts, who knew nothing other than he was a category b rookie.

Fantastic news. Stoked for him.

He's slotted straight in which would be very pleasing for him and for his folks.

Given how hard he's fought to get to this point and the two years of fitness work he's put in at Sydney, I'd back him to play out the year and not look back.

Credit where credit is due: Great work, Dekka.

He’s fast becoming my favourite player. Previously it was Swanny, who took over from Leon,(in case you were wondering). I just hope we tell him to keep taking the game on, rather than try and curb his natural attacking flair.

He’s our best chance for a rising star win since Pendlebury was runner up to Selwood, and H.Shaw was robbed, finishing 3rd to Pearce and Raines.

I was talking to some people involved with Junior footy about the upcoming draft and me being under the impression it was a super draft and how we gave up an amazing pick with our second rounder to get Murray. Their thoughts were the top end is bloody fantastic but the depth may not actually be there. Obviously it's still a valuable pick to be downgrading and things can change as the year goes on, but looks like with the way Murray has played and the possible strength of the draft we may not have stuffed this up like some have said.

In other words a draft like every other year... this Super Draft thing is just a publicity stunt..

So have we now got 2 rising star nominees in the team? All of a sudden the youth is looking strong......

As the old saying goes

Now we’re just waiting for Cox to employ that saying.

I was as shocked as anybody at the trade price but I’ve been rapt with everything I’ve seen in terms of highlights, playing profile and now the on-field. Good on you Sammy.

Not too proud to admit I’ve changed my mind on this trade. This could be Hine’s master stroke just when I’d finally given up on him.

Time will tell, but you gotta be happy with this trade now. It’s been a good week!

Stoked for the bloke. Didn’t even realise he was eligible.

He’s gotta be a red hot chance. Kid is a jet.

Hes 20 and played 3. Cutoff is 21 and 10 I think.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back