djw1952

Club Legend
Oct 28, 2009
mentone
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
liverpool
Well done to an absolute jet and a kid that will one day be a brownlow medallist.
And Luke Darcy is the biggest tosser to vote Rozee over Walsh what an arse.
Darcy has always been a Carlton hater..........and when I saw that Walsh had missed the perfect score by one vote I knew who the drop-kick would be even before I checked it!!!!!!!:devil:

Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton
I actually think comparing Walsh to Cotchin is really disrespectful to Sam.

Yeah, Cotchin has only had an average career so far I guess

AFL
Richmond

Mr_Plow

That name again...
May 18, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Red Wings
Yeah, Cotchin has only had an average career so far I guess

AFL
Richmond

If Walsh only ended up with those accolades, I and many others (including Sam) would be rightfully pissed.

That would be an underachievement given his talent.

Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton
If Walsh only ended up with those accolades, I and many others (including Sam) would be rightfully pi**ed.

That would be an underachievement given his talent.

So you have Sam winning multiple Brownlows and at least 4 or more BnF's, in a side that has a player like Cripps?

If Walsh mirrored Cotchin's achievements everyone would be happy

But back to my original comparison. I see Walsh a similar style player to Cotchin

Mr_Plow

That name again...
May 18, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Red Wings
So you have Sam winning multiple Brownlows and at least 4 or more BnF's, in a side that has a player like Cripps?

But back to my original comparison. I see Walsh a similar style player to Cotchin

As good as Cripps is, I expect Walsh to have a superior career when all is done.

Stylistically, they are similar, yes.

haveago

lovethegame02
Apr 29, 2015
north west Melb.
AFL Club
Carlton
Was excited to get the paper this morning. But just as when Crippa won MVP other day, had to go back 5 pages before the underwhelming article appears.

:mad:

Is the EDITOR a Bomber???
Very poor .A full page on some NRL crap before it?

Give me a spell. This kids season deserves so much more, as did Crippa's .

PS. Luke Darcy is a tool.

Would be great to seperate out all the Sam love from the Darcy hate. A nice clean Sam love thread for him or his mum to keep as a momento.
Darcy does not deserve to be in the same place.(which unfortunately, I just added to.) ;)

BIGGUS 64

Premiership Player
Feb 3, 2014
Greensborough
AFL Club
Carlton
And there it is - well done Sam, announcing your arrival to AFL footy in style!
If the final analysis, the least surprising winner in the history of this award, to everyone it seems except Luke Darcy.
During the season there were some of us (myself included) who feared that you'd be denied the honor you are clearly worthy of, because we Bluebaggers have become so accustomed to missing out on things.
But as the season progressed, you were just so damned good and so consistent, you forced the judges' hands. Your consistency was like that of a veteran and you produced a couple of performances that Chris Judd in his prime would have been pleased with. In the end there was simply no one else they could have picked without turning the award into a complete farce.
Great start to your career Sam - now onward and upwards!

BIGGUS 64

Premiership Player
Feb 3, 2014
Greensborough
AFL Club
Carlton
Would be great to separate out all the Sam love from the Darcy hate. A nice clean Sam love thread for him or his mum to keep as a momento.
Darcy does not deserve to be in the same place.(which unfortunately, I just added to.) ;)

Bugger - so did I. :oops:
As we eagerly await the renaissance of our great club, I think we're all pretty jaded with these certain journos - like Darcy and Cornholes - who persist in death-riding us out of pure personal bias. So we're not going to waste an opportunity to backhand them as we begin to rise, because those same reptiles will certainly change their tune once we're a winning side again.

Jun 6, 2007
Footscray
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Sunderland,Pelicans, LA Kings

I must admit that I’m struggling with the Cotchin comparison. What about a back in the day comparison? Sam and Schimma?

dlb99

Club Legend
Sep 14, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton

Similar games.
But I genuinely believe that Walsh is more talented.
I said so last year, and remain confident that assessment still applies.

dlb99

Club Legend
Sep 14, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Walsh is Cotchin with a Robert Harvey like tank.
If interchange ever came down, Walsh would become even more elite, he would outlast all taggers.
I also see Sam Mitchell like smarts, getting to a contest and positioning smartly to get the pill.

He has a body frame that potentially could see him play 350 games plus.
I would not exchange him for anyone in the past few drafts.

Nov 29, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Similar games.
But I genuinely believe that Walsh is more talented.
I said so last year, and remain confident that assessment still applies.

Walsh has a few Cotch traits but that is about as far as it goes.

Walsh will be a better player than Trent as of next year. In all honesty I would rather Walsh's year this year than Trent's.

No disrespect to Cotch, that's just how good Sam is.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190831-110010.jpg
    Screenshot_20190831-110010.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 166
I think he's like Nathan Buckley but with modesty.

If Walsh had Buckleys kick, we'd be talking about him as possibly becoming one of the greats.

Like Cripps building his speed, I reckon we'll see Walsh working hard on attaining more penetration with his kicking through the pre and off-season.
His speed is fine. It's not break neck but he understands his surrounds and won't get caught. That's good enough.

Back