Toast Congratulations Steele Sidebottom - 150 games.

Remove this Banner Ad

On Saturday at the MCG Steele Sidebottom will play his 150th senior game for the Collingwood Football Club. Steele has been a stalwart of this team since his debut back in 2009, and even in only his second and third seasons, was a vital part of our Premiership and Grand Final teams.

Recruited from the Murray Bushrangers with pick 11 in the 2008 National Draft, after kicking 10 goals in the TAC Cup Grand Final that year, Steele has grown into one of the most consistent players at the club.

Now part of the leadership group, and the Vice Captain, Steele, at only 25 years old, could go on to play 300 games for the Pies.

Steele Sidebottom;

Steele-Sidebottom.jpg

Games - 149
Goals - 112
Avg Disposals - 22.95

Member of the 2010 Premiership Team.
Has finished 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th in the Copeland.
ANZAC game medallist, 2016
Name of the year 2010 - some US college competition.

Congratulations Steele.

And just a great name.

Sidebottom is slightly a rung below Pendles and Treloar, but when hes on he is a superstar, exhibit ANZAC Day. One of my favorite players.

What a great footballer. Bit stiff to not have a b&f or AA next to his name!
Here's to another 150 Steele. :thumbsu:

Wizard, you think he could get an AA nomination in 2016? I reckon he might be slightly off the pace so far but the engine is starting to really cook with gas.

Please marry an athlete

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gun. Pure gun. Nothing to it. He's a gun. Heart and Soul of the club too. Congrats Sidey!

Dat grin. Pure gold. Onya Side.

Stiff to not have an AA BnF and Norm smith

Was my choice for the Normie in 2010 that's for sure. Not that I'm unhappy with Pendles getting it.

Steele is a great 'big game player'.

Was my choice for the Normie in 2010 that's for sure. Not that I'm unhappy with Pendles getting it.

Steele is a great 'big game player'.

Was almost our best in 11 aswell

Great player and I was so happy he signed on. His 100th was only a couple years ago too wasn't it?
The club website has when he played his 50th and 100th.

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/player-profile/steele-sidebottom

AFL Debut: Collingwood v St Kilda, Round 7 2009 at Etihad Stadium

50 AFL Games: Collingwood v North Melbourne, Round 16 2011 at the MCG

100 AFL Games: Collingwood v Adelaide, Round 16 2013 at the MCG

So it's actually taken him longer to get from 100 to 150 than it did from 50 to 100.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back