Toast Congratulations Taylor Walker on 200 Games

Remove this Banner Ad

Sounds like he's being realistic.

I'd hope he would retire rather than go somewhere else, mind you he could get his body right under a different fitness regime and play a solid couple of years somewhere.

Congratulations to a stand up guy and the heart and soul of the club for many seasons.

Was little AC’s favorite player when I introduced him to the game. Fond memories of an early morning as we watched him ensure the Crows sealed the deal against the Bulldogs at the MCG in the finals.

Like to see him kick a couple this weekend

Sounds like he's being realistic.

I'd hope he would retire rather than go somewhere else, mind you he could get his body right under a different fitness regime and play a solid couple of years somewhere.

He isn’t picking up a contract anywhere else. He’s banged up beyond repair and would struggle to suit up again next season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations to a stand up guy and the heart and soul of the club for many seasons.

Was little AC’s favorite player when I introduced him to the game. Fond memories of an early morning as we watched him ensure the Crows sealed the deal against the Bulldogs at the MCG in the finals.

Like to see him kick a couple this weekend
Nice to see the little AC has an interest in our game

In his younger days, was one of the very best players for a neutral to watch and was still capable of monstering games up to a couple of years ago. I'm sure it makes sense to South Australians but I never understood the flak he draws. Made a good fist of the leadership also and was twice voted Best Captain by his peers.

Injuries have caught up with him and it brings back memories of Michael Roach struggling to the line at my club. Bit of a shame that he won't receive the accolades he'd get if he'd charged past 200.

Hope he gets a bag to go past Modra and can help the Crows to a win before the last round...

Tex has given us some magic moments over a long period of time. None better than that match winning play to win the 2015 EF. If only he could have produced on the biggest stage in 2017. If only . . .

He was a captain's captain. He could have been a premiership captain. Had the coach who appointed him still been here, I believe that would have happened. If only . .

I've been hoping for a few years that Tex would slim down and play more like the flanker he really is. In a good side he would have a year or two left if he'd done that. As it is he looks slow, overweight and broken. He deserves to finish his career in a much better way than this. Maybe he can turn it around at another club. But I don't see it.

Last edited:
That's the thing.

Tex had a sort of cult following outside of SA in his early days (his quirkiness, the mullet etc, was on the footy show a bit)

Then after the 2017 grand final, his salty speech and terrible performance, the media (and hence all the other sheep) turned on him and he's been everyone's favourite target. Funny how easily influenced people are.

Not the player he once was, but still by far the best pure footballer in the team.

Was great to watch at his best.
If his speech was so salty why didn't they attack Scott Pendlebury the next year for the exact same speech?

He didn't kiss the Victorian ring so they attacked him for it. Pure and simple. Tigers fans expected him to go out there and verbally fellate them and when he gave the usual speech they got their knickers in a knot about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If his speech was so salty why didn't they attack Scott Pendlebury the next year for the exact same speech?

He didn't kiss the Victorian ring so they attacked him for it. Pure and simple. Tigers fans expected him to go out there and verbally fellate them and when he gave the usual speech they got their knickers in a knot about it.
Doesn’t appear all Tigers supporters had the same opinion according the poster above.

1597883824784.png

Wonderful achievement Taylor.

Well done and thanks for the memories and passion and highlights and integrity you have provided to the AFC over the past 12 years.

I was at that game back in 2009 when Tex kicked 5 goals in the first half vs Hawthorn, and it poured with rain in the 2nd quarter, place went crazy. Despite the battles with so much, injuries, media, fans, and more, you were never a quitter, you never walked away from a club during a time it was rocked with various issues, congratulations in making it to 200.

Love this photo I took of Tex 9 years ago. View attachment 940371
Everything pointing toward goal.

Eyes, Kicking leg and leading arm.

8a22e3dc34b8810f7e46dd1bf120c476.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

That's the thing.

Tex had a sort of cult following outside of SA in his early days (his quirkiness, the mullet etc, was on the footy show a bit)

Then after the 2017 grand final, his salty speech and terrible performance, the media (and hence all the other sheep) turned on him and he's been everyone's favourite target. Funny how easily influenced people are.

Not the player he once was, but still by far the best pure footballer in the team.

Was great to watch at his best.
Didn't think his speech was salty at all, it was pretty consistent with most losing GF captains speeches. For some reason ever since that day though the media have been out to get us (and sometimes it was justified, but mostly it has not)

My all time favourite Crow. I have his AFC Captains Lithograph still in the box for when I eventually stop roaming the world. Think there were only 13 produced.

I remember talking him up endlessly on my facebook fan page Taylor Walkers Mullet, loved the years when he had that haircut. Cosi from South Aussie with Cosi contacted me and asked if I could promote his TV show on my fanpage and he would give it a few mentions on the radio, for a while I was getting a follower every 8 seconds.

IMO without the knee, and the few KG too much muscle he could have been a 600 to 700 goal player.

Curious what his draft range would have been if he wasnt a scholarship pick?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back