Toast Congratulations Taylor Walker on 200 Games

Remove this Banner Ad

Happy 200th Tex,
I was watching with the Crows supporters group at the Cas club in Darwin when you did the ACL. We were all gutted an audible groan went across the room. Hope you have a good game get a few sausage rolls and do the right thing soon after.
Maybe we can see you back at the Redlegs Next year.

1597908153526.png

So many great Tex memories:
- Single-handedly dragging us back into the 2012 SF against Freo when we were staring down a straight sets exit
- Walsh’s first game as coach against North at AO where he was completely unstoppable
- The mark, run and pass to Charlie to win the EF against the Dogs in 2015
- 65m bomb to seal the first Showdown 2017
- goal from his 1st kick in AFL, from the boundary.

Deserves a better ending than he’ll get, but footy can be a cruel game.

So many great Tex memories:
- Single-handedly dragging us back into the 2012 SF against Freo when we were staring down a straight sets exit
- Walsh’s first game as coach against North at AO where he was completely unstoppable
- The mark, run and pass to Charlie to win the EF against the Dogs in 2015
- 65m bomb to seal the first Showdown 2017
- goal from his 1st kick in AFL, from the boundary.

Deserves a better ending than he’ll get, but footy can be a cruel game.
I know North weren't brilliant in 2015 but that was right up there with as good as I've seen us play in the last 6 years.

We were never keeping Danger, but the mind does tick over thinking about if we did.

Love watching him play

Sublime skills for any player, let alone a tall

It's a shame we tried to turn him into a contested big unit instead of letting him be the elusive goal poacher he shone at early on

Still been a good player but could have been great if left to his strengths.

Love watching him play

It's a shame we tried to turn him into a contested big unit instead of letting him be the elusive goal poacher he shone at early on

After an ACL as well.

Probably too stubborn for his own good too, whilst he didn't pick himself whilst Injured he's probably cost himself a year or 2 doing it.

Want to acknowledge what a champion Taylor Walker has been for our club, undoubtedly!

It is very unfortunate that he is not going to get the kind of 200th game outcome that he deserves but at least us supporters who are reasonable people can see how much the club has meant to him and for that we can be truly grateful.

His career has been a real credit to him, and he has sacrificed personally to help the team and played a role that required him to be much heavier than ideal, as we really have never had a power forward as capable, not ever in the clubs history.

Unfortunately injuries have been cruel and have curtailed his career to the point now where he has hit the wall.

Taylor Walker, thanks for your dedication, effort and all the memories eloquently outlined by many posters above, hope your future is bright beyond playing and good things happen to you in the future, you deserve it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congratulations to Tex Walker on your 200 game milestone! A Broken Hill boy who barracked for the Crows and who deserves more of our respect. A person who had an incredible gift in knowing how to be a bogan and well spoken depending on the circumstance. Deserves to break Tony Modra's record and go down as Adelaide Crows greatest!

I know North weren't brilliant in 2015 but that was right up there with as good as I've seen us play in the last 6 years.

We were never keeping Danger, but the mind does tick over thinking about if we did.

I do genuinely believe without draft sanctions, we would have managed to get another contract out Danger.

We truly had the dynasty side, talent wise :'(

I do genuinely believe without draft sanctions, we would have managed to get another contract out Danger.

We truly had the dynasty side, talent wise :'(
2016/17 would've been very fun to watch, and then 2018 and all its garbage doesn't happen

But Burton keeps his job.

Love watching him play

Watching his first 50 goals is depressing.

Watching his first 50 goals is depressing.
Agreed

I was stunned a few years ago when I looked back at some old footage of him dancing between defenders, skinny and agile.

Sure he had the ACL but to me the biggest change is his weight/frame and the role he's been made to play.

Agreed

I was stunned a few years ago when I looked back at some old footage of him dancing between defenders, skinny and agile.

Sure he had the ACL but to me the biggest change is his weight/frame and the role he's been made to play.

He was a beast when he had Tippett to do the contested marking

Then Tippett left and we replaced him with the tallest small forward in the history of the game.

I got told a story years about Tex when he was in his second or third season.

Goes something like this, Tex had an appointment Craig, and decided to leave a post-it note on Craig’s locker with the message ..’just a reminder we’ve got an appointment in your office at 10:00am, don’t be late .. Tex’

Not sure what’s Craig’s reaction was

Loved watching Tex grow from a larikin into a leader of men. Loved watching him kicking the ball with either foot. Absolutely sublime kicking skills. Franklin had to run around onto his left. Tex also has what is becoming an increasing rarity....loyalty to the club. Hope he has a standout game on Sunday to celebrate his 200th.

Agreed

That foot injury...those things stuff you up more than an ACL.

Same goes for Sloane and Brad Crouch.

Port need to be ultra careful with Rozee's current injury to avoid similar happening with him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back