Game Day Congratulations to Hawthorn superstar Shaun 'Silk' Burgoyne on his 400th, oh and also apparently there's a football game on today

Remove this Banner Ad

All this current love for Bonner reminds me of my Port's greatest whipping boys.

Who else is up there with Jasper & Riley

cam Hitchcock is right up there. Some of the abuse he received from the stands was disturbing.

This all sounds fine in theory, but you actually chew up far more petrol chasing the opposition around when you don't have the ball than you do when you have it.

Sure, but if you're oppo isn't ripping you apart in the mid. Getting numbers behind the ball, closing out the space while being accountable for your man shouldn't be too taxing.

Did you really feel at any stage that despite conceding 4 goals in 3 quarters Hawthorn were going to kick 5 or 6 in the last?

Not saying we were great, I still feel like we get far too little return for our forward entries but never felt the result tonight was at risk despite having so much room for improvement.

Good signs, as long as the improvement comes...

10 out of 18 teams have made a GF since Hinkley took the reins.

That we’re obviously in the Brisbane, Carlton, Essendon, Gold Coast, Melbourne, North Melbourne, St Kilda cohort should rankle with the wider supporter base more than does.
We're not in the SNAFL now. We should just be content with being allowed to play with the bug boys.

We really need to try and get Travis Boak to 400. For all the fapping over Burgoyne, Travis has been a truly loyal clubman who stuck solid through our darkest years when he would have been so tempted to go home for the easy life in a winning team, particularly given his family situation. You talk about players who are ornaments to the sport, well this guy represents all that is good and more.
Medical sub for the last 50 games should just about do it.

The only value Bonner has for me right now is when he is in frame with scooter. 2/4’s of a dirty urban garage surf punk band.

cam Hitchcock is right up there. Some of the abuse he received from the stands was disturbing.

Yeah Cam like Sammy G ... even Brett Ebert... small blokes with limited or one-trick talents and folks went apeshizen at their odd striving to exceed their own physical limits while ignoring the 100% effort required to even get near it. Not their fault they were asked at times to play roles they weren't *quite* up to.

Riley on the other hand has *mostly* one talent, on one foot, and weirdly for a 50+ gamer still seems to be learning what he can and can't do in contests "at AFL speed". If he was "just" flaky his confidence to take things on would already be shot and that would show in hesitation and extreme screw ups rather than in what happens when you try to do things a bit faster for better or worse. In the last two seasons I'm less sure that he's "shitting himself" as some claim and more convinced for whatever reason he just isn't judging the speed at which things happen at the level. Different equation from the former whipping boys above and a definite notch above other noted (and far more deserving) former whipping boys O'Shea and Jasper (insert visions of PTSD dog here).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah Cam like Sammy G ... even Brett Ebert... small blokes with limited or one-trick talents and folks went apeshizen at their odd striving to exceed their own physical limits while ignoring the 100% effort required to even get near it. Not their fault they were asked at times to play roles they weren't *quite* up to.

Riley on the other hand has *mostly* one talent, on one foot, and weirdly for a 50+ gamer still seems to be learning what he can and can't do in contests "at AFL speed". If he was "just" flaky his confidence to take things on would already be shot and that would show in hesitation and extreme screw ups rather than in what happens when you try to do things a bit faster for better or worse. In the last two seasons I'm less sure that he's "shitting himself" as some claim and more convinced for whatever reason he just isn't judging the speed at which things happen at the level. Different equation from the former whipping boys above and a definite notch above other noted (and far more deserving) former whipping boys O'Shea and Jasper (insert visions of PTSD dog here).

Jasper had multiple seasons well above any level Bonner has ever achieved.

O'Shea was also much better.

As horrid as the second half was, I was happy to see us close out the game with those last two quick goals. It seemed we decided to actually do something to put the game to bed, and we all know we carry our fourth quarter form into the next week so in theory we should be primed for Thursday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was really nice to see all the old boys like Chad, Monty, Schofield and others go up to congratulate Shaun. Although it was less about us, it was a nice dose of nostalgia.

I miss the 04 squad. Hope we win a cup for Boak and Gray so that we can say the same about this current squad in a decade too.

Last edited:
It was really nice to see all the old boys like Chad, Monty, Hardwick and others go up to congratulate Shaun. Although it was less about us, it was a nice dose of nostalgia.

I miss the 04 squad. Hope we win a cup for Boak and Gray so that we can say the same about this current squad in a decade too.

tredders does a great job in the media but it would be nice if he was back around the club more, teaching the forwards how to forward, rather than nathan bassett teaching them how to get in each other's way.

Kane Mitchell

tredders does a great job in the media but it would be nice if he was back around the club more, teaching the forwards how to forward, rather than nathan bassett teaching them how to get in each other's way.

He's actually mentioned in the past that he's never gotten asked when we were going nuts on why he was doing sessions with Tex Walker.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back