News Congratulations to Hawthorn's newest captain - Ben Stratton - may your reign be long and glorious

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Beandip

Club Legend
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Nice one - congratulations Stratts. Ultimate clubman, and deeply respected by all.

I remember one pressure game last year (but currently having a mind blank which one) where Stratts went back with the flight for a fist amazingly... maybe against Essendon, it was huge.

Last edited:

Gralin

Super Moderator
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Buffalo Bills
Admin #10
Stratton the Captain

https://www.hawthornfc.com.au/news/2019-02-28/stratton-named-skipper

The 29-year-old defender will be supported by premiership teammate Jack Gunston, who will take on the role of vice-captain.

Rounding out the leadership group are Liam Shiels, Isaac Smith, Ben McEvoy and Jaeger O’Meara.

McEvoy and O’Meara will both join the group for the first time, while Shiels and Smith have been members of the group since 2017.
I read that is we only have one VC which is Gunston

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
I love Statts but my worry is that by having the captaincy it might weigh on his free spirited nature. I love that he is that type of person and I wouldn't want to change him and his enjoyment of the game. Being captain is not just tossing the coin as there's a lot of media commitments and other things that some guys would not enjoy. Hodgey pretty much said the public speaking was the part he hated most but just had to go it. Anyways if Stratts does get named I'm sure he'll do the job accordingly but I just hope it doesn't weigh on him and his free spirited demeanour.
Was quoted earlier as saying it won’t change him. There’s be no point

Top Bottom