News Congratulations to Hawthorn's newest captain - Ben Stratton - may your reign be long and glorious

Mrzohs

Premiership Player
Oct 9, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
It is only round 2, But Time to step the * up on the field and show your the skipper legend! I see Gunston and Smith screaming at blokes! Omeara and Mcevoy lead buy example! Let's go stratts lead buy example

Aug 31, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Nuggets
I don't know what he's like behind the scenes, but on face value he doesn't look or act like a captain to me. How whole disposition isn't serious or commanding enough.

He can lead by example at times at least.

Last edited:

Hawk_francais

Cancelled
Sep 20, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I don't know what he's like behind the scenes, but on have value he doesn't look or act like a captain to me. How whole disposition isn't serious or commanding enough.

He can lead by example at times at least.
He doesn't need to perform his level of command. It's quite evident from the way players, coaches and opponents talk about him that he is universally respected and even feared. Whitecross I remember said he was an obvious choice for captain because he is the most vocal.

ClarkoCommandos

Debutant
May 6, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Was disappointed with his leadership over the weekend, hopefully he grows into the role a bit more. Only round 2 still getitng used to being the leader id assume still think he was the right choice

Bumps"N"Grins

Premiership Player
Oct 15, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Sell the team Dolan
Looking for a big game from the skipper this week.

Who do we think he'll get?
Eddie Betts next time we play Adelaide?

Seriously though most defenders are adjusting to the devils number stating positions and teams such as us more so as we had a strong reliance on team defence and zoning off, put Sicily in this boat with Strats and Hardwick as the most impacted at our club by this rule.
Will make some interesting watching to see how Strats adapts to both his new roles.

strats.jpg

Stumbled across this over the weekend. Good read from 2010.

RobHawk

All Australian
May 30, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Finding it hard to remember Hawthorn picking a captain that started his AFL career at another club. Could be a reason O'Meara or McEvoy did not get the gig.Mind you Stratton is potentially an excellent leader with his courage and organisational skills.

Aug 4, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Have to say he is having a rough time of it since being made captain. Obviously the concussion from r4 would still be affecting him , hope to see him bounce back into form soon.

TylerDurden

Mischief. Mayhem. Soap
Mar 5, 2007
Lou's Tavern
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Can seriously affect the form of certain types of players. Vanders, Rough and Stratts all suffered dips in form. Stratts is a shadow of the player he was last year.

I hope the club doesn't persist here. If other guys are putting their hands up, and better suited to the role, then the club should change it post season.

Can seriously affect the form of certain types of players. Vanders, Rough and Stratts all suffered dips in form. Stratts is a shadow of the player he was last year.

I hope the club doesn't persist here. If other guys are putting their hands up, and better suited to the role, then the club should change it post season.

Yer, nothing like a little humiliation to make you feel good about yourself

Back