Toast Congratulations to Lachie Neale AFLCA player of the year/AFLPA MVP for 2020

Pusswah

Premiership Player
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
Fremantle
I would. I think his career will be near the Simon Black category by the time it's done. Lot of BnFs and a heap of awards this year. All signs point to us contending for the next few years so he'll have every chance to keep taking in the accolades.
I don't know about this, Simon Black had it all.
Neale is very good but Black was on another level.

Apr 28, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal Kilmarnock
The best performed player in the comp this year so well deserved. Took an already strong 2019 and took it to another level, and was more of a Lions standout this year. Hate to use the moldy concussed-lingo phrase, but "just love the way he goes about it".

Apr 28, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal Kilmarnock
McCluggage/Berry is more the Simon Black/Luke Power parallel in terms of age when they enter contention, immediate impact, etc.

Neale is more in the Lappin age-range. Like Black, Neale is a silky handballer though.

Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
McCluggage/Berry is more the Simon Black/Luke Power parallel in terms of age when they enter contention, immediate impact, etc.

Neale is more in the Lappin age-range. Like Black, Neale is a silky handballer though.

McCluggage will be this Brisbane teams’ version of Lappin IMO

May 26, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Bit like Matt Priddis. Very little x factor but certainly one of the best clearance players I have ever seen.

To his credit he's made a conscious effort to change his game this year to try and further increase his "hurt" factor. His clearances numbers are a bit down this season.
  • Kicking the ball more (1:1.5 kick-to-handball ratio last year to close to 1:1 this year)
  • Gaining more metres per game (went from being ranked ~120th last year to ~15th this year in metres gained average)
  • More shots on goal (despite the shortened season/quarters, let down by accuracy)
  • Increased his inside 50's (~80th last year to 7th this year in inside 50s average)
  • More involved in scores (~50th last year to 5th this year for score involvments average). Admittedly his goal assist numbers are down, which I'm not sure for what the reason is.

Back