Congratulations to Nathan Buckley, the players, staff and club

Let’s congratulate everyone when then season is finished and we finally have one it all, but not before.

Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Maybe a comment for mid week, not tonight LP.
I'm as pleased as anyone, Spinny.

Its an extraordinary outcome considering the patchy nature of our season.

But I've been to too many losing Grand Finals to know that the season technically starts 'now' - and that while acknowledging that we've given ourselves a chance is great, there is much, MUCH, work to be done.

No SPIN

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 14, 2009
Vic
AFL Club
Collingwood

But I've been to too many losing Grand Finals to know that the season technically starts 'now' - and that while acknowledging that we've given ourselves a chance is great, there is much, MUCH, work to be done.

I understand, but you are allowing past history to restrict the upside on our boys.
These boys are not responsible for the past, they will make their own history.

It is our job to vehemently support them, and not lay paralyzed with quivering dread about past failure.

There is nothing to fear in being positive, confident and optimistic about what lies ahead for our boys in 2019.

We need to show the same courage and belief in our boys, as they will in facing the challenges ahead.

That’s the least we can do for them, and is what they should rightfully expect.

Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I understand, but you are allowing past history to restrict the upside on our boys.
These boys are not responsible for the past, they will make their own history.

It is our job to vehemently support them, and not lay paralyzed with quivering dread about past failure.

There is nothing to fear in being positive, confident and optimistic about what lies ahead for our boys in 2019.

We need to show the same courage and belief in our boys, as they will in facing the challenges ahead.

That’s the least we can do for them, and is what they should rightfully expect.
Of course.

But bigger picture is where the ultimate prize lies.

On making Top 4!

Would the other contenders have made top 4 with our run of injuries? I doubt it, wonderful effort against all the odds! :collingwood:

+ Congratulations to Penny Cula-Reid and her Collingwood VFLW team for finishing minor Premiers.

+ Good luck to Rob Wright and his Magpies SNL team for their game against the Vixens tomorrow. If they win, they’re in finals.

Whether we’re interested or not, these teams do wear the black and white stripes and do represent us.

The good performance across multiple teams is an indicator of good club culture and leadership.

Thatsmyname

Plausible deniability
Apr 16, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
No 3peat (Ninth)mond Minnows
+ Congratulations to Penny Cula-Reid and her Collingwood VFLW team for finishing minor Premiers.

+ Good luck to Rob Wright and his Magpies SNL team for their game against the Vixens tomorrow. If they win, they’re in finals.

Whether we’re interested or not, these teams do wear the black and white stripes and do represent us.

The good performance across multiple teams is an indicator of good club culture and leadership.
One in, all in

Moore of the Same

Premiership Player
Mar 31, 2018
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls, Leeds United
Great result but was my bare minimum expectation on the season. A lot of games that we should have won that we dropped and could've seen ourselves finish a little higher.

That being said, good effort to make the top four given some of the obstacles we've had to overcome. This group, fully fit and on song can go all the way.

Repeat of last year.

15 wins

Needed to win last game and (I think) needed another result to go our way to make it

Horrible injuries

Started finding form right at the end of the season

Richmond were the form team and everyone thought they were unbeatable

It’s all falling into place
I reckon it’s much more of a 2003 circumstance. I pray I’m wrong because we all know how that turned out.

Played off in a Grand Final the previous year. Met Essendon in the final round in a game that determines whether we make the top four, while they jostle for position in the lower part of the eight.

The saving grace is we won’t meet our vanquisher from the previous year’s tightly run Grand Final first up in the Qualifying Final. But there’s a huge sense of deja vu creeping in.

I only hope we win the flag because I've got a sherrin signed by Darcy Moore and Jordan Roughead in 2016 when they were both playing for different teams and if they win the flag in the same team together the significance of that object will become one of a kind and I can make a fortune.

:rolleyes:

Geelong_Bisons_#36

Premiership Player
Jun 17, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Inverleigh Hawks
Playing Geelong at the MCG after a bye for a spot in the preliminary. I'll take that any day after the season we have had.
Think we can forget about Moore again for this year, but should get at least a couple back.
Geelong are absolutely woeful after a bye, let's hope that trend continues for at least 1 more game.

esc0bar

Club Legend
Aug 5, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood

Out of curiosity did you go to the 2010 replay?

Nov 9, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
76ers/Rockies/Colts/West Ham
Credit where credit is due.

Getting a double chance with the amount of games we've been without some of our most important players is impressive... I wrote this year off simply because I thought our back line was completely screwed and now our full back is playing forward and we're still doing fine. Justin Longmuir is great, hopefully we hold onto him.

Still impressive and resilient... other teams might have thrown the towel in after the Richmond game.

Aug 7, 2008
Richmond
AFL Club
Collingwood
Would it be asking too much for Brisbane to win and play Geelong at the G first week
Actually we play Geelong no matter the result today other than a draw perhaps. I haven’t looked at that scenario. Because if Lions win they go first we play Geelong in second. If tigers win we play Geelong in first as we will be fourth.

Feb 8, 2007
Point Cook
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Spurs
Still in shock we have managed to secure a top 4 spot, l could hardly sleep!!
Congrats to Bucks and the coaching staff, finishing top 4 consecutive years. This year, eerily similiar to last year, win/loss the same and % basically the same. The cards are aligning for us.
Bucks has been brilliant this year, fronting the media each week, with injury carnage going on around him, like last year, this year with an added twist of a suspension to our young gun for half the season. He has stuck to the mantra that one player goes down, we have confidence in our list that the next player we bring in will play a role for us. We have seen that with young Quaynor, Noble and Madgen come in at points during the year, and play really good footy for us.
We have seen a reshuffling of our back and forward lines over the past month due to injuries in particular with Roughy forward and Elliott becoming our F50 target. We have seen Elliott flourish, and our backline concede less points over the past month, without Roughy there, who was in AA form earlier in the season as a key back. Well done to Bucks and his staff for getting this side back on track. Been brilliant coaching allround.
Hoping this is the beginning of redemption for us, and the wiping of those horrible memories of last year, sitting there watching the premiership stolen from us. This year want to be there again with my son, watching Pendles and Bucks receiving the premiership cup.
It was a bizzare day in sport yesterday though, firstly Australia beating the US in a game of basketball, the Hawks given about a 5% chance of winning over in Perth, l then watch them then destroy the Weagles, then watch England actually score over 150 in a test innings, and still going!
All l need to complete my weekend is for Brisbane to knock Richmond out of the top 4, and the Spurs to have a win early tomorrow morning!!

Horaceg

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2014
Sydney
AFL Club
Collingwood
Great result but was my bare minimum expectation on the season. A lot of games that we should have won that we dropped and could've seen ourselves finish a little higher.

That being said, good effort to make the top four given some of the obstacles we've had to overcome. This group, fully fit and on song can go all the way.
The injuries do impact, we should have won a few we lost, Geelong round 1, Freo but we are a the G, double chance, I don’t care what colour shorts we wear. As supporters we can take it in but the team has work to do and we do have a capable list, especially brining in Stevo, JDG, Sidebottom and hopefully Moore holds up.

Geelong_Bisons_#36

Premiership Player
Jun 17, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Inverleigh Hawks
I'm going to be on the west coast of Italy for the game. About 2 hours south of Naples. Unlikely that I'm going to be able to find anywhere that will be showing it. Unless by some miracle someone here knows of a place near Palinuro that shows AFL? Haha. Looks like I will be watching it on the phone. The wife is already thrilled at the prospect of me staring at my phone for 2 hours.

Scritchyscroony

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Newcastle United FC
Top 4 is huge. If we can make use of it and win our first game then... we are a big chance.

Given the injuries and some very indifferent form patches from both the team and individuals... finishing top 4 is a fantastic accomplishment.

kallangur pie

Team Captain
Sep 17, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
6 weeks ago we looked absolutely shot and this has been a stunning turnaround from both players and coaches and what is even better is we have some momentum and players to return with a bit of luck.

I must admit I have felt very downbeat about the season after Stephenson,s episode and the constant injuries and lack of form from the team but the passion has returned BIGTIME go the Pies.

As this is a congratulations thread,superb effort by all but full praise will wait till GF day but we are are in with true chance,beware the dormant monster he is awakening.

I watched the VFLW,s yesterday and very well done by the girls and coach,good luck girls.

Actually we play Geelong no matter the result today other than a draw perhaps. I haven’t looked at that scenario. Because if Lions win they go first we play Geelong in second. If tigers win we play Geelong in first as we will be fourth.
Thanks, just no draw today

Back