Coach NMFC Senior Coach Rhyce Shaw - Ben Buckley announces NMFC & Shaw will part ways immediately

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah read somewhere we are not recontracting Ben Dyer so makes sense we are also after a development coach

Shaw replacing Drummond could be good, everything that I’ve read/heard says the players really liked drummo tho
The best coaches I had were not necessarily the ones I liked but the ones I respected. There always has to be a bit of authoritarianism in a coach. Not saying Drummond didn't have that as I wouldn't know, just my thoughts an the type we should be employing.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon Shaw should attempt to reinvent Kayne Turner as a small defender, lots of teams loading up on small forwards seems to be a trend.
Of course they are loading up on small forwards, there are not a lot of tall forwards out there.

You can not teach being tall. Which is pretty good when all the defenders are short people. Watching Mason Cox belt the s**t out of the Richmond defenders has been the highlight of the finals so far. Long may the tall forwards rule.

I reckon Shaw should attempt to reinvent Kayne Turner as a small defender, lots of teams loading up on small forwards seems to be a trend.
If the number of the beast rule change happens then any goal kicking forward large or small is going to be incredibly valuable.

Centre square bounce

Goldie to Cunnington/Ahern/Anderson/LDU out to Higgo/Gaff/Polec/Hall delivery to Brown/Wood/Jack in a one on one it's either a mark or comes to the ground for Simpkin/Turner/Atley to goal.

PHWOAR!

Rinse and repeat!

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Of course they are loading up on small forwards, there are not a lot of tall forwards out there.

You can not teach being tall. Which is pretty good when all the defenders are short people. Watching Mason Cox belt the s**t out of the Richmond defenders has been the highlight of the finals so far. Long may the tall forwards rule.
I liked Cox's game too, but what happens in a wet game, does he become a 7ft tall witches hat ?

If the number of the beast rule change happens then any goal kicking forward large or small is going to be incredibly valuable.

Centre square bounce

Goldie to Cunnington/Ahern/Anderson/LDU out to Higgo/Gaff/Polec/Hall delivery to Brown/Wood/Jack in a one on one it's either a mark or comes to the ground for Simpkin/Turner/Atley to goal.

PHWOAR!

Rinse and repeat!

If the Brown/Wood/Jack combo got delivery to advantage like Cox the other night, ground balls would be as scarce as hens teeth :p

Centre square bounce

PHWOAR!

Rinse and repeat!

Really looking forward to seeing how Gaff/Polec/Hall can work with Brown in particular. Brown is great on the lead, but he also had a good footy brain on him, so watching him use improved delivery to change things up to his advantage will be fascinating. Should also make us more unpredictable in the forward line generally and create more opportunities for our other forwards.

Would’ve been great to see Waite work with these new recruits too, but not to be.

Will be interesting to see what Shaw does when he quickly realises that our midsize running backs are collectively slow, have small tanks and turn it over. The top sides have half backs that run 14km + a game - ours get nowhere near that.

Will be interesting to see what Shaw does when he quickly realises that our midsize running backs are collectively slow, have small tanks and turn it over. The top sides have half backs that run 14km + a game - ours get nowhere near that.
Enter Polec, EVW and Newman

Say what you want about Scott and Joyce but jesus we've made some goood appointments off field over the last few years.

Crocker has been here for a while but has picked up a few assistant coaching awards, tudor is regarded as one of the best assistants in the game, and now 2x assistant coach of the year shaw.

When I watched that video, my immediate impression was that Rhys is a no-nonsense kind of guy. I like it. I think it's fair to see there's a couple of medium defenders down there that could do with the proverbial kick up the backside. I'm looking forward to seeing how they get on in 2019.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back