Coach NMFC Senior Coach Rhyce Shaw - Ben Buckley announces NMFC & Shaw will part ways immediately

LETSGOKANGAS

Norm Smith Medallist
May 7, 2007
Holding fast for take off
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If we stick with Shaw we are rolling the dice.

Go with a senior coach? Still rolling the dice without the $million price tag.

In fact its more of a gamble going with a Longmire or similar as we haven’t the half season insight as to how the players rally under their coaching.

Stick with Shaw.

Gotta_Bea_Hero

Senior List
Jan 17, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Also, I'm not sold that our new style isn't 'sustainable' due to the high level of physicality. There will be days where the physicality is slightly less, but the notion that you just can't keep playing with this level of brutality is just crap.

Rugby players do it week in week out. Combat sports competitors do it several times a week. I'm sure our blokes can bash guys up who don't want to dish it back for a few hours every weekend.

It's a matter of convincing the players that this is the new normal that is difficult. Shaw seems to have done so.

True, but rugby players play 80 minutes a week, our guys play 120 mins. It's a massive difference when it compounds over time.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
True, but rugby players play 80 minutes a week, our guys play 120 mins. It's a massive difference when it compounds over time.

Rugby players also cover far less distance per game and generally only move forward or laterally. So overall less wear 'n tear but more straight-line collision damage.

deano28

Club Legend
May 21, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
melbourne victory , aussie cricket
Shaw has drifted with the bookies over the last 2 days, which is interesting
I think the longer this Longmire / Sydney situation draws out the shorter he will be with the bookies to come to us , which I find a little odd . I think Juddy might have nearly spilled the beans the other night . $$$

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
I think the longer this Longmire / Sydney situation draws out the shorter he will be with the bookies to come to us , which I find a little odd . I think Juddy might have nearly spilled the beans the other night . $$$

:(

#MakeShawsNotHors

Bugsy Malone

Cancelled
Jul 10, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If Shaw is to get the job (which i hope he does) i would not like to see us pay big bucks for Paul Roos to come in, i wouldn't be suprised to see Tudor stay on in that type of role.

I have always felt Roos was overated and he's time at the dees didn't change my opinion of him.

kangaspurs

Cancelled
Jul 14, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Tottenham, Melbourne City FC
If Shaw is to get the job (which i hope he does) i would not like to see us pay big bucks for Paul Roos to come in, i wouldn't be suprised to see Tudor stay on in that type of role.

I have always felt Roos was overated and he's time at the dees didn't change my opinion of him.
Really? After years of, well, worse than mediocrity, he got everything in place to put them on the right track for sustainable improvement, and left them in a far better place then they were before he came in.

I think he's somewhat of a smug campaigner, but there's no denying that he knows his s**t. He's very good at what he does and building both good structures and cultures at a footy club.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club

The bloke I would bring in as a mentor is Garry Lyon, but he won't do footy dept. stuff. He understands us far better than most who have landed at North from outside clubs.

The bloke I would bring in as a mentor is Garry Lyon, but he won't do footy dept. stuff. He understands us far better than most who have landed at North from outside clubs.

God no.

Been out of the game an aeon.

Sep 11, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Since Shaw came to the club I can’t stand watching any other coach dribble their media spin any longer. The way he stays real and honest with the media is something we haven’t seen in the afl for a long time

I legitimately am excited to hear from him (I know I am one sad individual lol) because he actually will give the fans the truth rather what we want to hear. Even about Cunnington he is stern but fair and you can tell that he demands respect from the boys. Cunners won’t do that again this year, mark my words

I’m excited with footy again

kangaspurs

Cancelled
Jul 14, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Tottenham, Melbourne City FC

Since Shaw came to the club I can’t stand watching any other coach dribble their media spin any longer. The way he stays real and honest with the media is something we haven’t seen in the afl for a long time

I legitimately am excited to hear from him (I know I am one sad individual lol) because he actually will give the fans the truth rather what we want to hear. Even about Cunnington he is stern but fair and you can tell that he demands respect from the boys. Cunners won’t do that again this year, mark my words

I’m excited with footy again

Mate, there was a period earlier in the year where I almost dreaded North games. I would still watch them and all, but I would get no enjoyment out of it whatsoever. It's like the last 6 weeks or so has given me back the love for the game and the club. It's not just the results, but the way we're playing, and like you say, just watching Rhyce do his thing. I posted earlier in the season that I hadn't watched a coach's presser in about three years because you just knew exactly what you were going to get with Brad. I would have watched 90% of Rhyce's, and throughout the week I'm now genuinely looking forward to our games again. Has just has to get the job full-time now imo.

Sep 11, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Mate, there was a period earlier in the year where I almost dreaded North games. I would still watch them and all, but I would get no enjoyment out of it whatsoever. It's like the last 6 weeks or so has given me back the love for the game and the club. It's not just the results, but the way we're playing, and like you say, just watching Rhyce do his thing. I posted earlier in the season that I hadn't watched a coach's presser in about three years because you just knew exactly what you were going to get with Brad. I would have watched 90% of Rhyce's, and throughout the week I'm now genuinely looking forward to our games again. Has just has to get the job full-time now imo.

Absolutely. As soon as I seen that Shaw did his presser, I couldn’t click fast enough lol

The last 3-4 years I was sick to death of not knowing what kinda North is going to show up or hearing Brads bullshit over and over and over. It got so tiring because we couldn’t see any future

I want Shaw to be officially one of us. A true and honest Shinboner

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
God no.

Been out of the game an aeon.

I don't quite grasp this logic Mordy.

The fundamentals of football haven't changed, as has been highlighted by our past 6 weeks of footy.

I don't quite grasp this logic Mordy.

The fundamentals of football haven't changed, as has been highlighted by our past 6 weeks of footy.

I think you'd be the first to admit a game played in the 80s is different to a game played now.

You would be referring to the coach then.

I think the role Paul Roos would play if he came onboard would be different to the role Robert Walls plays at Carlton.
I see what you're saying though. I think Shaw needs someone to help run the place whilst he coaches - he's a good man manager and motivator - let him stick to those things. One of the criticisms of Scott was that by the end he wasn't even really coaching - more a coach of coaches and too close to how the footy department was being run. We don't want that again.

Back