Coach NMFC Senior Coach Rhyce Shaw - Ben Buckley announces NMFC & Shaw will part ways immediately

Remove this Banner Ad

The way Rhyce has composed himself, whether it be in the broader media or just footage released on the club website, shows him to be an individual that commands respect. It seems like he’s got the balance between firm and fair right so far. The players know they can’t take him for a ride. I bet my bottom dollar that he’d give a good bake when warranted to the playing group, which is a great thing because the players seem to respond and to be playing for him, i.e second half vs St.Kilda. I reckon that GWS game r2 is a perfect scenario for us, no one rates us, we get a trip away, (albeit in unusual circumstances, a day trip) and we get a chance to hit them early. Very positive about the future under Shaw, and can’t wait until we can attend games again!

Sunday just gone - May 31st - marked a year since Rhyce’s first game as head coach. A win against eventual premier Richmond.

Feels like that year has gone quick, but also feels like a long time ago.
Can’t wait for games to start back up next week.

Caretaker coach Rhyce Shaw encouraged North Melbourne to embrace their physicality before their stunning win over Richmond in his first AFL game in charge.
The Shinboner spirit was on full display on Friday night as the Kangaroos out- hunted the AFL’s pressure kings and ran out 15.9 (99) to 9.8 (62) winners at Marvel Stadium.

North won the tackle count (68-55) and contested possessions (153-130) and never looked like being overtaken after booting six goals to one in a brilliant third quarter.

Shaw’s first game at the helm after taking over from Brad Scott was highlighted by fierce performances from the likes of Cameron Zurhaar, whose 10 tackles included crunching rundown efforts on Dylan Grimes and Nathan Broad.

EBE727B0-6C22-42A2-9E3A-1D1BDE80FBC3.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The coach on Triple M this morning... Includes the question we all wanted to know the answer to: Can our players march today!?

Last edited:
Must keep in mind this is the bloke’s first head coaching gig!

Shaw himself has got as much room to improve in his role as the young players we’re all so rightfully excited about.

With cautious optimism, the signs were there last season. But its the way we’ve returned from such an unprecedented gap in football as an entire football club that’s just astounding.

Are there any wiser heads than mine that can recall another young, first time head coach garner what looks from my perspective to be a 100% buy-in from the whole list?

We keep blooding these talented yet inexperienced kids into the 22, and as a unit not only do they not miss a beat, they’re playing with MORE cohesion increasing by the week.

Right time, right place, right team, right coach, and the right attitude through the whole club - we’re nailing it at the moment and I’m prouder than I’ve been in a long, long time.

Must keep in mind this is the bloke’s first head coaching gig!

Shaw himself has got as much room to improve in his role as the young players we’re all so rightfully excited about.

With cautious optimism, the signs were there last season. But its the way we’ve returned from such an unprecedented gap in football as an entire football club that’s just astounding.

Are there any wiser heads than mine that can recall another young, first time head coach garner what looks from my perspective to be a 100% buy-in from the whole list?

We keep blooding these talented yet inexperienced kids into the 22, and as a unit not only do they not miss a beat, they’re playing with MORE cohesion increasing by the week.

Right time, right place, right team, right coach, and the right attitude through the whole club - we’re nailing it at the moment and I’m prouder than I’ve been in a long, long time.
This is the biggest thing for me.

I still believe Brad killed off so many of our young talented players, where under Rhyce your birth certificate means nothing.

Don’t want to mozz the bloke but this has a feeling of when Clarkson took the task on at the Hawks. The whole mindset around the club changed into a winning one as players bought into the Head Coach’s vision.

The best thing about the way the players buy into Scamper is that they will tell other players around the league how good a ‘players’ coach he is, eventually making Arden Street a destination club like the Hawks did/have with Hale, Gibson, Harris-Lake-flog, Frawley, Burgyone, McEvoy, Mitchell, Patton, O’Meara, Wingard, etc..

Couple that with the recruiting genius of the Snoz and who wouldn’t want to be a member of the greatest club on earth?.. Strap yourselves in the future is brighter than the sun ✌️

Remove this Banner Ad

Back