Coach NMFC Senior Coach Rhyce Shaw - Ben Buckley announces NMFC & Shaw will part ways immediately

Remove this Banner Ad

Of course Corr, Williams and Saad could elevate us into the 8 if our list is healthy and they fill or strengthen roles we're lacking in.

Nobody here was calling us bottom 2 at the end of 2019 and the flipside is just as many things could go right and it could swivel the other way too.

Not predicting it will but every option is feasibly in play when a new season starts.

When the day Denis Pagan took over I don't think anyone in the land would've had us as a flag threat inside 3 months.

Anything is possible.

My view is that we shouldn't be taking blind optimism into list management decisions though KC. Not saying that is what you are proposing, however IMO whoever we need to bring in, needs to be brought in with the view they are going to make us better in 3 years time, rather then an immediate fix.

If we are bringing in senior players in certain positions to support the kids, then I completely support that (eg, Hodge at Brisbane). If we are bringing in senior players to try and plug holes and take short cuts (Hall, Polec, Pittard etc.) then we are just making the same mistakes again.

Part of the reason I am very happy with the Corr pickup is that it isn't a short-term move, it's to ensure that when Taz hangs up the boots in a couple years, we have a KPD safety net for Mckay and others we draft.

I think the fact that none of the 3 will feature in the finals this season answers that question for you.

Yeah true - also Goldstein, Simpkin, Higgins, Cunnington, Tarrant are all no good because we finished at the bottom of the ladder.

That renowned sh*t-truck Bob Skilton only played one final in 16 years.

Thank f*ck we didn't have to watch him spudding it up for us.

I'm not sure you could blame any of those players for the fact they're not in a top 8 side
Yeah true - also Goldstein, Simpkin, Higgins, Cunnington, Tarrant are all no good because we finished at the bottom of the ladder.
Lol. I never said they weren't good players. I said they won't get us into the finals next year. This delusion that we're just a few above average players away from glory is half the reason our list is in the state it's in.

Lol. I never said they weren't good players. I said they won't get us into the finals next year. This delusion that we're just a few above average players away from glory is half the reason our list is in the state it's in.

Your implication is that because they're from teams that haven't made the finals this year that they couldn't possible get us there next year - yeah, I don't buy that as a basis for argument. I don't see it as impossible to make the finals next year with the right additions even if those are additions for the long term rather than plugging holes. That doesn't mean I don't think this list has a lot of work to do to be a realistically reliable contender for an extended duration and it doesn't mean I think it's likely but plenty of teams have gone from the bottom to finals (even top 4) in a single off season. The idea that a few targeted players, growth, different injury list and the odd actual home game couldn't have a significant impact is not one I agree with.

I’m totally confused - I feel like I’ve lost touch with everything!

no idea Of the game plan/ style, no idea of who they think is good or bad or will fit the vision of what the team should be.

I don’t understand the pressers anymore because so don’t understand anything that is being said - it’s just words to me that ai try and add 1+1 and get 3 or worse.
I would never have picked a Durdin coming in - why? Surely finished? Or is he? A farewell match? Surely not , 1 game isn’t enough to salvage a career surely?

no Maj - a farewell game would be warranted - surely? So I assume he is staying

No Pittard - assume he’s going? I can’t believe it and I’m not happy He loses his spot playing out of position due to injuries - or maybe he’s staying and they just want to play the young guys to see them? No idea

How can I spend so much time engaging with the club and reading etc and know nothing!!
It’s really uncomfortable for me and to top it off - Marc McGowen gets the bullet which totally sucks!!!

I hope Shaw knows

anyhow...

I told you i'm confused!

Durdin forward - I have no idea!!

Update! Durdin to Murphy - wtf

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good last presser from Rhyce.

He is quite clearly being guided by Brady to not give the media anything re strategy. If it was Joyce/Scott we’d be out there saying how we are chasing big fish/need more outside pace etc... the media then take that and go crazy.

They are leaving them guessing, which is fantastic imo.

He did have the opportunity to quash the Brown rumour, “he’s a required player blah blah”, but didn’t. Given he’s not giving anything to the media, doubt you can really read too much into it though.

Good last presser from Rhyce.

He is quite clearly being guided by Brady to not give the media anything re strategy. If it was Joyce/Scott we’d be out there saying how we are chasing big fish/need more outside pace etc... the media then take that and go crazy.

They are leaving them guessing, which is fantastic imo.

He did have the opportunity to quash the Brown rumour, “he’s a required player blah blah”, but didn’t. Given he’s not giving anything to the media, doubt you can really read too much into it though.

I agree

I love how he addressed the whole “deflated” look in his pressers. He confirmed that’s who he is and he wants to be true to himself

* I hope he has pissed off the players, because the slop they were serving up for the last 3 years needed to be called out.

Imagine just finishing mid table year after year, potentially reaching finals and being annoyed when a bloke with some standards and discipline comes in with the backing of a ruthless operator and scolds you for your lacklustre ability to play disciplined footy!

Woe is me

Remove this Banner Ad

Back