Coach NMFC Senior Coach Rhyce Shaw - Ben Buckley announces NMFC & Shaw will part ways immediately

Remove this Banner Ad

Shaw's proud moment

"I honestly believe we’ve done a fair bit of work to get ourselves to a point where we feel we’re ready."

Rhyce Shaw says he’d been “really proud” of the approach from North Melbourne’s players and staff, during one of the most challenging periods in the game’s history.

When training officially returned on Monday, it had been close to two months since the Roos’ last hit-out, but Shaw is confident his list is in strong shape.

“Our players and our team have been exceptional. I’ve been really proud of what they’ve been able to do,” he told The Herald Sun. “We’ve provided them with a really good framework and the boys have really taken control of that.”

June 11 has been set as a date of return for games, leaving clubs with a little over three weeks to prepare as a group. Non-contact training begins this week, with contact training being phased in from May 25.

“We’d love to have more time. I’m not going to flirt with that,” Shaw admitted. “But in saying that, we understand we’ve got to get the game going, not only for the good of the game but for fans and members. I honestly believe we’ve done a fair bit of work to get ourselves to a point where we feel we’re ready. Being away from the club and not having the absolute ideal preparation heading into this period, there’s always going to be a risk (of injury). But I’m pretty confident that we can make some smart decisions and get our guys ready for whenever that first game is.”

The players hit the track in groups of eight, undergoing temperature testing and adhering to a strict range of protocols to ensure their health and safety.

View attachment 881665
Edit: should have read the thread first.
Nah, your post is worth it for the pic alone Quiv. We're gonna use "the force" to bring this flag home. And if that doesn't work, Rhys is gonna light sabre through any team that gets in our way.

Rhyce and the boys will be on the plane first..
giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back