Coach NMFC Senior Coach Rhyce Shaw - Ben Buckley announces NMFC & Shaw will part ways immediately

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
I think the role Paul Roos would play if he came onboard would be different to the role Robert Walls plays at Carlton.
I see what you're saying though. I think Shaw needs someone to help run the place whilst he coaches - he's a good man manager and motivator - let him stick to those things. One of the criticisms of Scott was that by the end he wasn't even really coaching - more a coach of coaches and too close to how the footy department was being run. We don't want that again.

That’s Rawlings’ job innit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comments from Robbo on 360 were interesting last night. His sources say Longmire is about to sign a 3 year extension at Sydney, and Robbo is pretty strong on Shaw being easily the best person for us, without going through the process.

But the best bit was both him and Huddo saying that we will beat Essendon in their opinion, as they haven't really faced a team that's playing the kind of footy we are playing. That's a win in itself, to be able to create this image of our team being ruthless, uncompromising, and worth trusting. Everything we weren't up until recently.

sbdan

Cancelled
Apr 26, 2005
FNQ
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Rooboys
If it is at tipping point, the members should bombard the club and let them know who they want. I am going to email my vote for Shaw right now

Mate, there was a period earlier in the year where I almost dreaded North games. I would still watch them and all, but I would get no enjoyment out of it whatsoever. It's like the last 6 weeks or so has given me back the love for the game and the club. It's not just the results, but the way we're playing, and like you say, just watching Rhyce do his thing. I posted earlier in the season that I hadn't watched a coach's presser in about three years because you just knew exactly what you were going to get with Brad. I would have watched 90% of Rhyce's, and throughout the week I'm now genuinely looking forward to our games again. Has just has to get the job full-time now imo.
Thats been me since the reappointment 2 and a half years ago. Its taken us this long to rid ourselves of the stigma

After just 5 weeks in the job, and not counting our win/loss, integrity at selection table, or improved playing style, Rhyse has regained a lot of lost respect for NMFC right across the board, i'm sure the players can feel this too, and long may it continue.
This is it in a nutshell:thumbsu::):north::fire:

I think the one thing missing from Shaw's caretaker stint so far is an away win at a "fortress". A win at either Perth or Geelong and I think his tenure as NMFC coach will be ratified within days.

SlyCunnington

Team Captain
Jun 20, 2010
Downtown
AFL Club
North Melbourne
That’s Rawlings’ job innit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sure is.

If we think Shaw needs (or would like) a mentor for guidance on coaching, then that's a completely different issue.

I want whoever gets the coaching position to focus on winning games of football and only that.

Coaches coach, managers manage.

I think the one thing missing from Shaw's caretaker stint so far is an away win at a "fortress". A win at either Perth or Geelong and I think his tenure as NMFC coach will be ratified within days.
Or even a win in Brisbane

spurs

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 2, 2003
Perth
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
THFC, Claremont Tigers

The only thing missing from Shaw's caretaker stint is a contract to make him full time for 3 years.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
I think the results so far this season suggest otherwise. Their form is arguably better than Geelong's.

Agree. Take out a top 4 side (as it stands) on their turf and assuming nothing really poor occurred in the games prior it might as well be considered a rubber stamp game in terms of making Rhyce the main man.

I think the results so far this season suggest otherwise. Their form is arguably better than Geelong's.
It's comparable, but you don't build a fortress after 6 or 7 games.

Geelong have been almost unbeatable at Kardinia Park for more than a decade, West Coast have built a formidable record at Perth Stadium since it opened last year. Brisbane won 2 at the Gabba last year, 3 the year before and 2 in 2017. They have improved greatly this year, and it will be a great win if we can pull it off, but not everyone is sold on Brisbane and are still waiting for the young team to show some cracks. A loss to us and the media will portray it that way.

A win at Geelong and/or West Coast and everyone takes notice.

Geelong have been almost unbeatable at Kardinia Park for more than a decade, West Coast have built a formidable record at Perth Stadium since it opened last year. Brisbane won 2 at the Gabba last year, 3 the year before and 2 in 2017. They have improved greatly this year, and it will be a great win if we can pull it off, but not everyone is sold on Brisbane and are still waiting for the young team to show some cracks. A loss to us and the media will portray it that way.

I agree with you to a large degree, but Geelong has just lost to the Bulldogs (albeit away from the fortress) and nobody said anything, given they could afford to have an off day

Kimbo

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts
Dec 14, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Sturt, Liverpool

Heard something on FoxFooty earlier in the week highlighting that they're not so young.

Orange Peanut

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 6, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If we go 0-3 from here I'll concede he might not be ready yet. Depends how we play of course.
But win 1 and play well in 2, he's gotta be unlucky to miss out.
Win 2 and there has to be a contract on his desk when he gets home from Perth.

Back