Coach NMFC Senior Coach Rhyce Shaw - Ben Buckley announces NMFC & Shaw will part ways immediately

Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wales, Eastwood, West Ham
We’re not very thorough are we... either that or none of the top coaches/administrators want a bar of us
Thanks, Damo.

Rhyce was a good appointment. So was Brady. So is this one. Not sure who these “top” people are that we are missing out on.

North coach Rhyce Shaw said he immediately identified Rawlings as someone he wanted to add to his coaching team once he took the reins at Arden St.

“We’re really excited to have someone of Jade’s calibre at the club,” Shaw said.

“I identified Jade as someone I wanted to work with when I was appointed as senior coach. His professionalism and experience speaks for itself and he will be a tremendous asset.

“Jade has coached his own sides before and will bring a wealth of knowledge. I have no doubt he will be a fantastic addition and I’m really looking forward to working with him.”

Sep 11, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
In his SEN interview

He was very strong on North not speculating or leaking out to the media on who we are chasing as a trade, any contract talks or money figures

He is doing the opposite of everything we have done in the past under Brad and I’m all for it.

What a different direction he is taking our club, yes he may need a few years to to take out all the bullshit that Brad has entrenched into our players but he has recognised that what we have done in the past decade has not worked

I ******* love Shaw!

Billy Not Really

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2018
Licking windows at the back of the bus.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
In his SEN interview

He was very strong on North not speculating or leaking out to the media on who we are chasing as a trade, any contract talks or money figures

He is doing the opposite of everything we have done in the past under Brad and I’m all for it.

What a different direction he is taking our club, yes he may need a few years to to take out all the bulls**t that Brad has entrenched into our players but he has recognised that what we have done in the past decade has not worked

I ******* love Shaw!

Doing all the right moves, not much of a step wrong so far in my eyes.

This bloke is hungry. He wants success as a coach and I think he can prove it.

roos_tt29

All Australian
Oct 6, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Is anyone else quietly hoping Shaw can do at North what Dimma has managed to do at Richmond?

Obviously a lot will be based on the new footy department and how they all gel,but I really hope to see something similar that leads to sustained improvement and success.

It will just need to be built.

Happy to discuss :)

Sep 28, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Is anyone else quietly hoping Shaw can do at North what Dimma has managed to do at Richmond?

Obviously a lot will be based on the new footy department and how they all gel,but I really hope to see something similar that leads to sustained improvement and success.

It will just need to be built.

Happy to discuss :)
As in letting them play to their best ability and instincts build on a good defense.
Sounds good to me!
Really looking forward to 2020

roos_tt29

All Australian
Oct 6, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
As in letting them play to their best ability and instincts build on a good defense.
Sounds good to me!
Really looking forward to 2020

That's one part for sure. Another is forming a system that is more than the sum of its parts - one where if a "star" player is out, another can step in and play the role well enough to keep the engine running at a very good level. Things like that.

My gut feel is that Shaw is a very similar coach to Dimma in the sense that he's a relationship-based coach and that the outcome may very well be similar (also dependent upon the list available and it's overall makeup).

The game plan from last year - the one he tweaked- worked extremely well, but you can only imagine he has a lot more ideas up his sleeve.

I honestly can't wait to see what he can do over the next 3 years. I'm happy to be (and I think we all should be) patient :)

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
My gut feel is that Shaw is a very similar coach to Dimma in the sense that he's a relationship-based coach and that the outcome may very well be similar (also dependent upon the list available and it's overall makeup).

I hope this is the case - Chris Fagan is also a relationship-based coach and you can see the effects that's had up there.

Saying that though you'd argue Simon Goodwin is too and much like a similar type in Neil Craig at Adelaide at the time those wheels can also fall off very quickly.

roos_tt29

All Australian
Oct 6, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I hope this is the case - Chris Fagan is also a relationship-based coach and you can see the effects that's had up there.

Saying that though you'd argue Simon Goodwin is too and much like a similar type in Neil Craig at Adelaide at the time those wheels can also fall off very quickly.

You make a good point - the tricky thing is is that a lot of things need to line up well as they have for the Tigers.
As long as Rhyce and the club plan well, no reason the club can't move in a similar direction.

I'm hoping to see a significant shift in the feel around the entire club which draws the supporters in for the ride :)
#itsthevibe

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club

No, I'm actually looking forward to triple wooden spoons.

roos_tt29

All Australian
Oct 6, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
No, I'm actually looking forward to triple wooden spoons.

Haha - look no need for sarcasm...I'm talking more about what he's done for the club internally. Obviously success follows a good culture, solid relationships and a well structured club (not just the squad).

I just want to see North as a club that not only our current players want to be at, but also external players and staff from other clubs.
#theplacetobe

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Haha - look no need for sarcasm...I'm talking more about what he's done for the club internally. Obviously success follows a good culture, solid relationships and a well structured club (not just the squad).

I just want to see North as a club that not only our current players want to be at, but also external players and staff from other clubs.
#theplacetobe

Let's just cool our jets and come back at round 12 next year.

So far, what I have seen is an improvement on where we were going.

Back