Coach NMFC Senior Coach Rhyce Shaw - Ben Buckley announces NMFC & Shaw will part ways immediately

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah mate it's grand ole time....I'm having a blast.

You're probably right re 2015.....everything else since and before (after 99) has been mediocre. But you wouldn't know it if you were just reading some of the stuff on here.

Your constant sarcasm on here where you take veiled swipes, in retrospect mind you, at posters for talking up players or the fortunes of the club is boring.

You're a bloody good poster Dan away from this Board but here youre not.

It looks like the saying, the honeymoon is over, has landed this preaseason.

The good thing is that we will really get to see what he is made of as a coach based on the decisions he makes and the direction he goes when things are tough, like they are at the moment.

These are the times that make or break a coach.
Few have to wake up to the fact that Rhyce is taking over a rebuild. Not a position many coaches survive.

It looks like the saying, the honeymoon is over, has landed this preaseason.

The good thing is that we will really get to see what he is made of as a coach based on the decisions he makes and the direction he goes when things are tough, like they are at the moment.

These are the times that make or break a coach.

All reasonable comments - testing times and it will require management but very hard to read too much into it;

Any team with 90% of its Forward and midfield out would struggle surely.

90% of 2019 Midfield line
Todd Goldstein
Shaun Higgins
Jared Polec
Ben Cunnington
Jack Ziebell

90% 0f 2019 Forward line
Ben Brown
Nick Larkey
Tarryn Thomas
Jy Simpkin
Kayne Turner

The good news is - we are getting time into the VFL lvl guys that we rarely do, with some nice outcomes imho.
The bad news is - Despite most due back for round 1, we have our top tier with interrupted preseason
The confusing news is - We will have a round 1 team playing that may not have played together

Some silver linings;
  1. The coach is getting a sharp lesson in not having everything go his way and will be learning plenty
  2. We are getting to see the kids play for once
  3. The injuries are all short term fingers crossed and nothing too major
  4. Xerri, Comben, Hosie, Mahoney, Taylor, Walker all look like players
  5. After a good uninterrupted pre-season until recently - NOBODY WILL BE TAKING 2020 FOR GRANTED NOW

Your constant sarcasm on here where you take veiled swipes, in retrospect mind you, at posters for talking up players or the fortunes of the club is boring.

You're a bloody good poster Dan away from this Board but here youre not.
Everything is retrospect.....something happens.....people react.

Can you give me a few examples of what I could say moving forward?

Poster A - blatantly wrong regarding the club position or how player x is contributing to the team.

Dan -

Last edited:
Good work Mr Shaw, going up against his old team , I thought he did a fantastic job , and good on the guys for lifting their game, i don't know what he said to them after last time or during half time but i thought he adapted very well and it was great seeing his calm, bald head in the coaches box, I wish he was my dad

Good work Mr Shaw, going up against his old team , I thought he did a fantastic job , and good on the guys for lifting their game, i don't know what he said to them after last time or during half time but i thought he adapted very well and it was great seeing his calm, bald head in the coaches box, I wish he was my dad

Contender for my favorite post of the year so far.

"--calm, bald head"
"I wish he was my dad"

Contender for my favorite post of the year so far.

"--calm, bald head"
"I wish he was my dad"

Coming from a European background I also found this very funny....POTY so far.

I can’t believe how positive Rhyce has been about our prospects in 2020. Either he has been playing possum during the marsh series or he is delusional.
It would be an interesting strategy if he came out and said he thought we sucked. Some advanced possum move.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You were prepared to give a 9 year coach 6 months but for a new coach it’s “all on him now”.

VERY rational.

Thought it was about Rhyce being about to coach his first game of senior football as the fulltime coach with a preseason of his own methodology under his belt.

You were prepared to give a 9 year coach 6 months but for a new coach it’s “all on him now”.

VERY rational.

It is all on Rhyce now. There is no one else who can carry the can for this.

He's got 3 years tho, unless he *s up stupendously in the meantime.

Anyone who calls for his sacking in the next few months has NFI (barring something very unusual of course.)

It's all on him now.

Stand and deliver.

15hktk.jpg

Don’t think so.

Pretty sure he’s referring to responding to the virus and the unpredictable changes in circumstances. Not being at the mercy of change. Be proactive and dictating how the group respond.

Brad is a world away. The players have moved on. Others should too.

That's one interpretation, but the repeated emphasis on winning and not just looking to exist doesn't say that to me. All 18 teams are in the same boat with the virus, so why would the default be to just exist and get through it? Maybe something to do with the previous mindset?

That's one interpretation, but the repeated emphasis on winning and not just looking to exist doesn't say that to me. All 18 teams are in the same boat with the virus, so why would the default be to just exist and get through it? Maybe something to do with the previous mindset?
Nah, I reckon KotR got it right.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back