News CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR WOMEN WHO MADE THE ALL-AUSTRALIAN SQUAD

Remove this Banner Ad

Congratulations to Harriet Cordner, Katie Brennan, Mon Conti and Ellie ‘lil Dusty’ McKenzie on making the All Australian squad, it’s well deserved with the great season you all had. Whether or not any of you make the team you should all be proud of what you’ve you all have achieved this season.

Also congratulations Mon Conti on coming 8th in the AFLCA AFLW CHAMPION PLAYER OF THE YEAR with 47 votes 🥳

Congratulations to Harriet Cordner, Katie Brennan, Mon Conti and Ellie ‘lil Dusty’ McKenzie on making the All Australian squad, it’s well deserved with the great season you all had. Whether or not any of you make the team you should all be proud of what you’ve you all have achieved this season.

Also congratulations Mon Conti on coming 8th in the AFLCA AFLW CHAMPION PLAYER OF THE YEAR with 47 votes 🥳

Outstanding.
Really happy Harriet got the recognition she deserved.

Outstanding.
Really happy Harriet got the recognition she deserved.

Same, she was a real general down back for us. All the players we bought in from other clubs in the last trade period have really added to our team. Our talent scouts have really earned their money.

I guess if you take the All-Australian squad as a guide for the Rising Star award Ellie is up against Tyla Hanks (Melb) and Mikayla Brown (WC). They are the only 3 All-Aust squad members nominated for this years rising star so you would expect the winner to come from these three.

What puzzles me a bit is that while Ellie is a first year player, Bowen has played 9 games this year and all of Melbourne's 6 games in 2020. Hanks played 9 games this year, all 7 in 2020 AND 7 in 2019!

I'd reckon if you have played a full season in previous years that should pretty much rule you out. In the men's Rising Star award you are ruled out if you have played 10 or more games at the start of the season. The women have a shorter season so it should be on a pro rata basis which works out to around 4 games.

The fact that it is Hanks 3rd season is just taking the piss.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back