Women's Footy Congratulations to the Adelaide Crows, inaugural Women's Premiers

Remove this Banner Ad

Did Jay Weatherill seriously jump into the team photo after the match? Disgraceful.

You can see some of the girl's motion for him to join them. Take it up with our premiership players who, if not for the money from SA and NT governments, know we wouldn't have a team. Also Jay is increasing the money next year.

You can see some of the girl's motion for him to join them. Take it up with our premiership players who, if not for the money from SA and NT governments, know we wouldn't have a team. Also Jay is increasing the money next year.

Ah that puts a different light on it then, thought he was just doing his usual look at me trick.

As for the money, considering the millions sinked into Port over the years so they should.

boo! From memory she told them first that it was the first battle that was the most important. That they were not nervous, they were ready, that the first battle was there and they needed to win it. Then there would be more battles and this would be the hardest game they ever had played in up to this point. There were four quarters to go after that first battle, and they were to win that first battle and then keep going until that final siren.

Election year?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still not keen on it. The only politician I want involved in sport is Hawkey and that's when he's downing a beer at the cricket.

How did Daisy Pearce win best captain ?? Did they feel like they needed to give her an award ??

Bit hypocritical for Gary for be citing families when he's an expert at wrecking families...
I think we should take the George Costanza approach to Gary Lyon's opinions on things:

"If every instinct you have is wrong, then the opposite would have to be right."

More kids on the ground, I say!

Dunstall can bugger off on the Women's Grand Final and saying that the Lions were probably hard done by for a couple of decisions. Did he look at two of the goals they got from Frees that were pretty suspect? Did he look at Tayla Harris blocking Randall in the opening minutes from contesting a ball up? Did he look at Harris again illegally pulling Randall out of a contest? I could watch again and pick so many mistakes from the umpiring because they are using development umpires when instead you need the more experienced umpires at that level.

Edit: Yup he was on about the last two kicks we had in the game which in the men's game is holding the ball but in the Women's game it has never been adjudicated the same all this season for holding the ball, there is a lot more leeway given, and he said he wasn't sure if it had been adjudicated differently. Maybe do some research first, Jason before mouthing off that Brisbane were hard done by.

Last edited:
Dunstall can bugger off on the Women's Grand Final and saying that the Lions were probably hard done by for a couple of decisions. Did he look at two of the goals they got from Frees that were pretty suspect? Did he look at Tayla Harris blocking Randall in the opening minutes from contesting a ball up? Did he look at Harris again illegally pulling Randall out of a contest? I could watch again and pick so many mistakes from the umpiring because they are using development umpires when instead you need the more experienced umpires at that level.

Edit: Yup he was on about the last two kicks we had in the game which in the men's game is holding the ball but in the Women's game it has never been adjudicated the same all this season for holding the ball, there is a lot more leeway given, and he said he wasn't sure if it had been adjudicated differently. Maybe do some research first, Jason before mouthing off that Brisbane were hard done by.

No matter which way anyone cuts it, we were the better team all day long. The only thing the Lions should feel hard about is the fact that they were allowed to get that close. We should have finished them off long before the siren.

I think most people acknowledge that the bullies got a few calls their way in the 2016 GF, that's football. For every call the Crows got you'd be pretty sure the Lions got theirs, too. Some are missed, some are called. That's football.

What I like is that pundits are giving their two bobs and it's making people unhappy and it's making people angry. That means we love this team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back