Women's Footy Congratulations to the Adelaide Crows, inaugural Women's Premiers

Remove this Banner Ad

What happens with teams for next year? Were they all only contracted for one year? Do they get to remain with the same team?

I heard somewhere that each club is only allowed to contract 20 players for next season and the rest have to go into the draft. Since players in the draft can nominate their state it won't matter for us though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lived here since October. Probably quite settled. Why go back to WA when all your footy community is here and she can work out at the club when ever she likes.

She is also employed by the Club and the SANFL as a Women's footy development officer, which is what she was doing in WA before she moved here, but the SA job is a much larger role/area as I understand it.

Do we have to get to the game early to see the girls today? Or will they be presented at halftime or something?

I hadn't thought of that. So will the likes of Ramsay, Perkins, Noff etc play in the SANFL? Do we know what teams yet??

Pretty sure Perkins will head back to the Eastern Devils as she does coaching there as well as playing. Hatchard, Marinoff, Van Hargen, Bevan, Cramey, Sedunary, Cox and Mules all play for Morphies (does that tell you why they have been so dominant for the past number of years?
Killian is from Westies
Allan is from Salisbury

Then there is Metcalfe, Gibson, Hollick, Randall and possibly McCormick and Radan that might be based more here in SA. Pretty sure that none of them will be allowed to join Morphies ;)

Also the SAWFL is no more, it is now called the Adelaide Footy League (Women's Division)

Pretty sure Perkins will head back to the Eastern Devils as she does coaching there as well as playing. Hatchard, Marinoff, Van Hargen, Bevan, Cramey, Sedunary, Cox and Mules all play for Morphies (does that tell you why they have been so dominant for the past number of years?
Killian is from Westies
Allan is from Salisbury

Then there is Metcalfe, Gibson, Hollick, Randall and possibly McCormick and Radan that might be based more here in SA. Pretty sure that none of them will be allowed to join Morphies ;)

Also the SAWFL is no more, it is now called the Adelaide Footy League (Women's Division)
Sorry, I'm not up to speed with this at all.

Isn't there a women's SANFL now? Are the girls playing in that, or their normal leagues?

Well I'm a bit surprised just how happy I am for the girls with this premiership, I thought the league was rushed and thrown together but I think it's grown enough to stand alone with its own identity.
Well done and congratulations.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back