Toast Congratulations Travis Boak - 350 games

Remove this Banner Ad

Boak is ahead of Mundy, Tuck, Blakey and Shaun Burgoyne

View attachment 1934451

Three stars from Alberton on the team. Boaky sitting on the pine with the threat of being dropped in coming weeks.

Not sure all of those guys played in the AFL ... or is that a can of worms we don't want to open? ;)

matt tifft nascar driver reactions GIF by NASCAR

Hawkins will knock him to the emergencies for sure. I don't reckon he dislodges Mundy sobrave. I'd have Mundy over Travis regrettably.

He's not better than Pav or Buddy. And you wouldn't put a big fatso like porkins as sub, he's only got one position he can play.

Boak stays 😝

Hawkins will knock him to the emergencies for sure. I don't reckon he dislodges Mundy sobrave. I'd have Mundy over Travis regrettably.
Depends on if your picking an “all Australian” style team (where position don’t really matter) or a game day team.

Tall forwards in a game day team would be an interesting debate. Pavlich, Franklin and Hawkins.

Depends on if your picking an “all Australian” style team (where position don’t really matter) or a game day team.

Tall forwards in a game day team would be an interesting debate. Pavlich, Franklin and Hawkins.

Porkins is a full forward. So is buddy, except he's a lot better than porky.

So his option is CHF but you'd have Pav there over him 100/100 times

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congrats Boaky, and also congrats on breaking the all time AFL games record at Port the week after. A momentous fortnight.
I think it should also be recognised that Boaky has broken the club games record a record number of times - a record that may never be broken.

Pretty much all been said.
By no means the perfect player but his attitude, loyalty and professionalism are second to none.
Played out of position which potentially could have been an excuse to give it away.
Instead fronted up and put in a really good season.
Last year took some big hits and played under duress but looks to be back to his gut running best again.

Still seen him as one of our strongest leaders, think his impact on Rozee, Butters, JHF and of course SPP will be his legacy.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Look up "consummate professional" and you will see a photo of Trav. He has left no stone unturned to get the best out of himself over his long career.

As a player he has had a wonderful career. However as a team man and spiritual leader he leaves a legacy like few others at Port. His influence on young players will live on long after he hangs up the boots. If ever a Port player deserved a premiership he is it.

Respected throughout the football world and universally as a bloke who unselfishly donates his time to charitable causes such as the Childhood Cancer Foundation he continues to not just make the Port Adelaide Football Club a better place, but the world for those that know him.

Go out and enjoy every minute of your 350th match Trav. You have given so much to the club and the fans, you have well and truly earned it. I hope the boys bring it home for you.

Seeing the footage of the arrogant Geelong boofheads at the airport coming to poach Boak is one of the most vivid memories I have of those dark times. I know Boak's loyalty was only one of many factors that shone light at the end of that dark tunnel, but its always been a symbol to me

Yes. It was too easy for him to go. No one would blame him for that. Yet, he decided to stay. Moreover, he didn't stop there.

He worked his arse off every single season he has been here. He took the captaincy. He put SPP and others under his wing.

As a player, he did every thing he could to take us the furthest. If we couldn't go all the way, it was for things beyond Boak's capacity.

Boak is really one of us, and one of the best at that.

How much more coverage are we expecting for Hawkins 350th next week compared to what Boak got this week?

I doubt Trav gives a stuff but it's been pretty poor really the lack of recognition this week across the AFL. I think even David Mundy had twice as much coverage.
Quiet achiever.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back