Congratulations Trent Cotchin - AFLPA captain of the year

Remove this Banner Ad

Been told numorous times we have only 4 A graders and 18 potatoes.

Cotch has done his best working with those potatoes to work together to win 18 games this season.

Quite an achievement with such an average team and list.

It's worse than that, according to BF, Rance is no good (diver), Cotchin is ordinary at best and Jack is barely even adequate.

Dusty is the only possible *real* A grader....and he's been useless all year.

This really only makes sense if you completely forget that award recipients dont get a choice in whether they win or not. Majority voted for Tex and then after the fact he had a bad day.

He didnt ask for the award, nor have any say in the award being presented prior to GF.

True, but all the Adelaide fans who repeatedly told us about their great captain (using the award as proof) and how he would destroy us deserve mockery anyway.

So we would have finished last with that sort of list.

Wait!

Yeah, BF doesn't really cope with the cognitive dissonance of that all so well....So of course, the *real* problem is arrogant Richmond fans (because they point out these issues and make the nufties uncomfortable)

What makes a good captain? What is Trent doing now that he wasn’t doing in 2016?

His attack on the ball personifies our current gameplan and team ethos. He is setting an example for the players. Something he wasn't really doing before.

Is also a LOT more open and honest with himself and others.

If I'm being honest this is one of the stranger awards, what would some guy playing for West Coast know about Trent Cotchin as a captain? You can say they'd know more than I or the media would know, but I reckon they still know jack s**t. Walker has shown textbook signs of poor leadership and he got it twice.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OMFG. This is gonna end well. How long before whingy cats fans come in and stink up the place.
Well done Trent. Great recognition.

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower
Why? As a football fan I think he deserves this award. Grown as a person, player & great selfless captain. He is a premiership captain and Selwood isn’t. Why would cat fans complain?

How would others vote for this award? It's like working for CBA in a management position and being voted best manager by someone at NAB
It's really not. If you share a workplace with your competition, you get to know and understand them very well. Opposition players have a far better idea of who is or is not a good captain than any punter out there.

It's really not. If you share a workplace with your competition, you get to know and understand them very well. Opposition players have a far better idea of who is or is not a good captain than any punter out there.

How do you figure that?

A West Coast Eagles player might only see Melbourne's captain for 3 hours in the whole year. And that's during a game of football. How would he know if he was a good captain or not?

I'm not saying they wouldn't know better than the "average punter", but they would still know FA in the scheme of things.

Average player, good leader. On par with Nick Maxwell.
How dare you insult cotch by comparing him to that soft finger pointing receiver who wouldn't know a hard ball get if it hit him in the eye.

If I'm being honest this is one of the stranger awards, what would some guy playing for West Coast know about Trent Cotchin as a captain? You can say they'd know more than I or the media would know, but I reckon they still know jack s**t. Walker has shown textbook signs of poor leadership and he got it twice.

Nailed it! Anyone who says otherwise is kidding themselves

I remember Trent disappearing in the (then) biggest game of his career with that 9 disposal Elimination Final

Full credit for this award I'm not arguing he shouldn't have it at all, but things change and players can turn things around

Hanging s**t on Tex has become a bigfooty passtime though and now that Trent has won the same award it's suddenly a legit award rewarding hard work

Lel, what do you remember finals wise afterwards, you know because it’s now 2018 and all.....

Congrats Cotchin on being half as good a captain as Tex

You must be talking about physical size. Because as a footballer, Cotch has at least tripled Tex success wise. Do you want to include football cv’s in the debate?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back