Connelly

Remove this Banner Ad

Voice of Reason

Premiership Player
Jul 4, 2001
Beach on Indian Ocean
Other Teams
West Coast Eagles
It seems from the main board and the odd sarcastic comment on the WCE board, that you lot have appointed Chris Connelly as your coach for 2 years.

No warranties will be given as to the accuracy of this information.

Haven't heard the name "Cameron Schwab" in the media for 20 minutes - is he dead?

VOR do I detect a note of sarcasm in this post.I thought you were one of the serious posters on this board.What gives??

With Connelly I was serious - I heard the news and went to your board to see the reaction and there was none, which surprised me.

With Schwabby, I admit I was just having a troll.

It's just that this guy manipulates the media all the time and seems to aim to get on the back page. In fact, I think he's been doing it deliberately to destabilise the Eagles. Looks like us getting Woosha has shut him up for a moment.

I admit I don't like the bloke. Sacked at Melbourne for overseeing salary cap breaches (admittedly by "Trust Me" Diamond Joe Gutnick) and I think his tenure at Richmond ended unhappily. Even Brad "Bulldogs & Dockers" Hardie said when he was appointed how he only got the job through nepotism. Yet suddenly he's the Freo Messiah.

Time will tell, but I reckon he'll go off like yesterday's milk.

Originally posted by Voice of Reason
It's just that this guy manipulates the media all the time and seems to aim to get on the back page. In fact, I think he's been doing it deliberately to destabilise the Eagles. Looks like us getting Woosha has shut him up for a moment.

hey maybe freo will actually get the middle page of the game liftout at least more than once next season

Originally posted by Voice of Reason
With Connelly I was serious - I heard the news and went to your board to see the reaction and there was none, which surprised me.
Well after I told all and sundry in August he would be appointed, the "shock" was minimal at best - when your team appoints the best coachiung candidate at the end of a rigourous process, the shock value compared to having your supporters basically appoint the coach is alot less! ;)

With Schwabby, I admit I was just having a troll.[/quote}
You still need to speak to Frodo to touch up on your skills there bro ...

Pleae, getting a tad miffed that your media 'golden boys' treatment is wearing thin? Geez, for the last decade I have been greeted with blue+gold (and now ochre) propaganda on the back page - so welcome to the real world, where other teams actually get some press - I heard they were going to run a feature on the back page about the Eagles trading period, but for once even Kim HACkdorn couldnt make something up ... ;)

I admit I don't like the bloke. Sacked at Melbourne for overseeing salary cap breaches (admittedly by "Trust Me" Diamond Joe Gutnick)
Nope, they were in place before his appointment, because he didnt squeel about them joe sacked him as a scapegoat.

Even Brad "Bulldogs & Dockers" Hardie said when he was appointed how he only got the job through nepotism. Yet suddenly he's the Freo Messiah.
Brad Hardie? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH like he ever says anything piositive about anyone!! Apart from former teammates like Brian Royal that is.

Cameron Schwab has come in, and in the space of 5 short weeks, ahs recruited the best coach available (yes, including woosha), the 2 best recruits avilable in the trading week (Croad and Farmer) and filled a whole with a young athletic Simmonds - and took a puint with McPharlin - how you can even thinjk of criticising that effort, is beyond me - but if you dont like him, as opposed for feeling sorry for him, it means he is doing his job! :)

Roll on 2002!

Time will tell, but I reckon he'll go off like yesterday's milk.
Unlike Trevor Nisbett, he's doing a bangup job eh what? ;)

kuepper

HACKdorn's gone off the Eagles because we've got rid of his mate Ken Judge. Expect ludicrous slobbering over Freo recruitment/young players etc if Judge gets a gig at Freo.

I'm sure Gutnick did sack him as a scapegoat - but even if you inherit that sort of thing, that's no excuse for not disclosing it. I still say his pursuit of media coverage will come back to bite him on the bum.

For example, expectations of the new Freo coach seem to be finals or close to it, whereas to listen to a lot of "commentators", Woosha would have to be a genius to get us to finish above 17th (I don't share this view).

I must admit, I'm not a fan of Nesbitt at all - never have been - but he seems to survive.

PS thanks for voting for me on that Bigfootyy relay thing the other day - I don't know what it means, but thanks anyway!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back