Recommitted Connor Blakely

hawkmang

Club Legend
Dec 3, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
did i read right that it was langdons partner that was involved in this?with langdon headed out of the club anyway is it now such an issue?(i dont know exactly what hes done when i ask this)
Blakely (allegedly) bootsed Langdon’s ex, which is (allegedly) why Langdon wants out. Freo (allegedly) trying to make a stance on their culture here to * Blakely off and keep Langdon. (Allegedly) most of freo very dirty with Blakely.

Sep 24, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Blakely (allegedly) bootsed Langdon’s ex, which is (allegedly) why Langdon wants out. Freo (allegedly) trying to make a stance on their culture here to fu** Blakely off and keep Langdon. (Allegedly) most of freo very dirty with Blakely.

Langdon been linked to moving east all year. One rumour is the breakup was over the move. The Ex will have a lot to do with this, but Blakely has some bridges to mend. He is contracted for 3 years, so if he doesn’t want to go then the team will need to deal with it.

MadMundy

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal, Glory, Bulls
Herald Sun reporting that Sydney, Geelong, Essendon are interested in him. Sydney would seem the most likely of those 3.

Herald Sun reporting that Sydney, Geelong, Essendon are interested in him. Sydney would seem the most likely of those 3.
I'd love him at Geelong and I'd be willing to give you a 2nd round pick.

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Manchester City, Collingwood AFLW

CONNOR BLAKELY (FREM)

Draft picks:
Late second-round / early third-round pick
Value on open market: $350,000-450,000

Will be open to a trade if suitors emerge. However, expect things to only ramp up closer to Trade Period when other inside midfielders including Brad Crouch and Jack Viney settle on decisions. Blakely, who starts next year at 24, signed a contract until 2022 just three weeks before Ross Lyon was sacked last season. Limited to five games this year under new coach Justin Longmuir.

I'd take a straight swap for Narkle tbh if you're looking to offload him
If Narkle wants to leave that'd be a fair deal imo.

I'd love him at Geelong and I'd be willing to give you a 2nd round pick.

They want to move him on so they will take less than that. Third rounder (which I assume we will get for a cockatoo or constable type trade) I'd do.

I'd take a straight swap for Narkle tbh if you're looking to offload him

We want to keep Narkle but if he wants to go home I'd do that swap I think both players trade value is fairly equal.

dazedjosh

Cancelled
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
Sydney
Isn't Blakely rumoured to be a bit of a douche nozzle? The guy can play but if he's disruptive to the playing group I'm not sure I would want him at the Swans.

MadMundy

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal, Glory, Bulls
Isn't Blakely rumoured to be a bit of a douche nozzle? The guy can play but if he's disruptive to the playing group I'm not sure I would want him at the Swans.
He's been busted for going surfing instead of training, and he's supposedly slept with Ed Langdon's ex 2 weeks after they broke up (his best mate at the time) so you could get that idea from him.

sherrif

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
Not sure anything will eventuate with this one. Probably only worth a late 1st rounder at best, but can’t really see many teams paying that in melb. so not sure why Freo do that trade. Worth more to Freo than other teams
Are you being funny? On what planet is Blakely worth a late first rounder? I'll take an early third rounder any day of the week. Best case scenario is a late 2nd rounder in my eyes.

Back