Delisted Connor Menadue [DFA]

Remove this Banner Ad

Why do so many people keep making comments along the lines of ""XYZ would be handy depth" ??

It's one of the most nonsense theories I ever read.

First rule of recruiting ……...….. NEVER RECRUIT A PLAYER PURELY TO BE DEPTH !!!

You keep recruiting players who are more 'top end' and force existing players down the pecking order and thus they become 'depth' as a matter of course.
Tigers picked up Mav Weller last year year.....just sayin

Masten is 30 and I bet he gets a gig somewhere. Menadue is 23. He's a better player than Jayden Short, just wasn't given the same opportunities to play the unaccountable spoonfed rebounder role. Short is a premiership player and Menadue got delisted. Go figure.

Any team that gives Menadue the chance to be their designated kicker out of defence will be happy.

No way is Menadue a better player than Short.

Short's kicking alone puts him well ahead.

Clearly, this is an honest assessment.
No disrespect to Morro but he lives on the Gold Coast, I watch Menadue live many times a year.

Stick your gutless abuse up where you keep your brain.

He might be a more complete player than Short but you are underrating the value of Short’s ability to be an 80m player in a Richmond system that is very territory focused.
Oh, please tell me more about Richmond. Our system was "very territory focused" in 2017. This year and last it's been about fast ball movement. Menadue is a better line-breaker and the difference in the length of their right foot kicking is negligible. Menadue's gets there quicker.

Short is a better left foot kick, Menadue is a better right foot kick. And much faster. Short is better at ingratiating himself with the senior players who make his life extremely easy.

To say 'no way' is pure nonsense. Menadue's game against Freo this year was better than any game Short's ever played, and his BOG in the VFL prelim was too.

I actually watch Richmond closely every week, at both levels. If Menadue got the extended run in Short's role that he should have, he would have made it his own. But instead, he was asked to play the more difficult roles of wing/HFF.

No disrespect to Morro but he lives on the Gold Coast, I watch Menadue live many times a year.

Oh, please tell me more about Richmond. Our system was "very territory focused" in 2017. This year and last it's been about fast ball movement. Menadue is a better line-breaker and the difference in the length of their right foot kicking is negligible. Menadue's gets there quicker.

Short is a better left foot kick, Menadue is a better right foot kick. And much faster. Short is better at ingratiating himself with the senior players who make his life extremely easy.

To say 'no way' is pure nonsense. Menadue's game against Freo this year was better than any game Short's ever played, and his BOG in the VFL prelim was too.

I actually watch Richmond closely every week, at both levels. If Menadue got the extended run in Short's role that he should have, he would have made it his own. But instead, he was asked to play the more difficult roles of wing/HFF.

This is a horrible take. What makes you think you know more than the premiership coaching staff?

In all honesty there really is not that much in it , They play different positions and have different skills but a toss of the coin with Short in front 'Just'

I would be extremely happy to give Menadue another year as a rookie with the advise to gain 5kgs of muscle and play like a campaigner as thats what he is missing just needs that tiny bit of mongrel in him.

Have seen players worse than him play 100 afl games

In all honesty there really is not that much in it , They play different positions and have different skills but a toss of the coin with Short in front 'Just'

I would be extremely happy to give Menadue another year as a rookie with the advise to gain 5kgs of muscle and play like a campaigner as thats what he is missing just needs that tiny bit of mongrel in him.

Have seen players worse than him play 100 afl games

Put it this way, if Short was up for trade this year and not Menadue, he would've found a home pretty quickly.

You say all this.
But why can he not get a game, for like 5 years?

The guy just isnt very good.

Come on mate, you are overrating Due based on what? Once game against Freo and his VFL form?

I actually said, he is a very good VFL footballer, but he is not a good AFL player and has had many years in the system.

He might be a more complete player than Short but you are underrating the value of Short’s ability to be an 80m player in a Richmond system that is very territory focused.

menadue is a nice, long kick and runs like the wind

he isnt the far behind short or ellis and wouldve done fine in richmonds team

That sums it up for me.

its not true though.

its hard to crack a game, minior premiers / 2 flags last three season.

if he were given a chance he would've excelled imo.

Tigers picked up Mav Weller last year year.....just sayin

important in the vfl flag too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

its not true though.

How is it not true? He has played one very good game at AFL level. He has been a very good VFL player. FACTS!

He would have excelled? OPINION!

its not true though.

He didn't get games when you were on the edge of the 8 in 2015 and 2016.

Was he injured last year when half your squad was out?
I mean he only played 6 games for the year and you guys had a lot of outs for most of the regular season.

Its pretty clear the coaching/selection group dont rate him.

I mean he only played 6 games for the year and you guys had a lot of outs for most of the regular season.

He just cant find the footy at AFL level, I cant believe Tiger fans are arguing that he is so good.

Your going to 2015 for your anti menadue argument?

he is 23ish years old ... bottom ager in his draft pool

He just cant find the footy at AFL level, I cant believe Tiger fans are arguing that he is so good.

i didnt say he is good i said if you replace him for Short or Ellis richmond lose very little

Its only one or two, to be fair.

Every club has supporters that back every single one of their players blindly.

he isnt a richmond player, ive got no reason to talk menadue up

Last edited:

i didnt say he is good i said if you replace him for Short or Ellis richmond lose very little

He cant find the footy like Ellis and isnt as smart as Short

No I'm going to a point where you cant say "Richmond were so good he couldnt make the side".
Because we know thats a crap argument anyway.
Other young players had no trouble getting in the side, especially when you had a massive injury list.

No I'm going to a point where you cant say "Richmond were so good he couldnt make the side".
Because we know thats a crap argument anyway.
Other young players had no trouble getting in the side, especially when you had a massive injury list.

richmond premiership team had three players under 23

so essentially there were one of three spots for menadue to claim

Baker and Bolton did have some trouble landing two of them

the team was 25 or over outside of six players - mendue played odd 40 games, 6 this season which a isnt terrible effort. he had to contend with coaches pets like ellis

So is Usain Bolt.
Is he a good footballer?

Like Menadue. No.

No good being fast if you cant get the footy.

menadue had 10+ kicks a game at afl level on average this season and is a tidy kick.

1 less than ellis

Personally I'm disappointed that the club dropped menadue but kept Markov. Markov never showed anything. Menadue was always an almost player, he'd come in and get his 10-15, maybe kick a goal, but never strung a decent run of games together. Sometimes those types of almost players just need a few years playing 15-20 games to hit their straps, particularly someone as light as menadue. Unfortunately for him that's hard to do in a team that is in contention and can't afford to carry a player for 2-3 years. Had he arrives at us 4 years earlier he may have gotten that chance

Remove this Banner Ad

Back