Remove this Banner Ad

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Will be extremely lucky to survive imo but worth a rookie spot if delisted

Out: Grigg , Ellis , Butler
In: #19 , #37 , #38 , #41 Stack (upgrade) Baker (upgrade) Chol (upgrade) Egg-Smith (upgrade)

Not sure if we can keep any of the rookies listed above as rookies or for how long

Jun 18, 2007
Top of the tree
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
#VICBIAS

In: #19 , #37 , #38 , #41 Stack (upgrade) Baker (upgrade) Chol (upgrade) Egg-Smith (upgrade)

Not sure if we can keep any of the rookies listed above as rookies or for how long
If we delist him (likely), he will walk onto a main list somewhere else as a DFA. Can't see him staying as a rookie.

YeOldTiger

67-69-73-74-80-17-19-20
Jul 22, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Claremont Tigers, Glenelg Tigers

YeOldTiger

67-69-73-74-80-17-19-20
Jul 22, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
We also call him the praying mantis.

He has that stick-figure build like Isaac Smith sort of.

My honest assessment is that he's a good VFL player but will never get consistent games at Richmond. Happy for him to be traded out for opportunities elsewhere, similar to Miles and Lloyd.

FWIW I never rated Conca or Menadue as highly as Miles or Lloyd.

Wish him the best of luck if he goes, and if Freo is interested in him or Macintosh as wingmen (and rightly so) I would be keen to look at Cerra in a trade if we can work something out. Mind you I think KMac will get more games @RFC next year with pea-heart Ellis gone.
Lol @ keyboard warriors who have only ever kicked with the wind calling AFL dual Premiership players pea hearts. Weak as piss pal. you're an embarrassment to yourself.

YeOldTiger

67-69-73-74-80-17-19-20
Jul 22, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Conca is a dud and was a whipping boy on the Tigers board. Menadue was not given the same opportunity as Conca, for Conca was a failed first round draft pick who was persisted with. Menadue has way more ability. Pace to burn(won the AFL sprint in 2017) and far better skills. He needs a number of consecutive games to develop which he was not afforded at Richmond. He'll cost a team nothing and is well worth a chance.
Conca is a dud and was a whipping boy on the Tigers board. Menadue was not given the same opportunity as Conca, for Conca was a failed first round draft pick who was persisted with. Menadue has way more ability. Pace to burn(won the AFL sprint in 2017) and far better skills. He needs a number of consecutive games to develop which he was not afforded at Richmond. He'll cost a team nothing and is well worth a chance.
When you talk out your ass like that it makes a loud, annoying trumpeting sound. Just letting you know. Conca is a dud is he ?

A far better judge than you will ever be took time to mention his importance to him as a defensive mid personally during his Brownlow speech. Which makes your comment as irrelevant as it is ignorant. Now free of injury, Conca is an excellent role player and a valuable part of his new team. A concept clearly beyond your limited knowledge. Dud is as dud does.

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
Lol @ keyboard warriors who have only ever kicked with the wind calling AFL dual Premiership players pea hearts. Weak as piss pal. you're an embarrassment to yourself.

All top level footballers are strong, tough, brave etc. However, this is so obvious i doubt it needs saying much

BEllis has had some very good games and moments. Round 5 vs Sydney at docklands comes to mind, had a cracker imo. the dangerfeild hit etc.

however FOR AFL STANDARDS ellis is soft as butter and a total squib. The Achilles heel of the team IMO. To win the premiership and get Ellis off the books (and his 500k per years) and to bring in a decent compo draft pick is an incredibile result. best time line.

That said Menadue is hardly michael voss himself. He is so skinny and light can hardly blame him, runs like the wind.

Andyy

Club Legend
Oct 17, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond

Oh please, don't make any more a fool of yourself. Being in the 22 for two grand finals doesn't mean he's tough or brave!

I stand by my comment. A talented player he was, yet he regularly squibbed physical contests, went to ground or handballed a hot potato to a team mate to avoid being tackled only to watch them get slammed. He occasionally surprised me by being physical or going back with the flight of the ball, however it was less often than the efforts I saw that I considered to be below AFL standard for $500,000/year, let alone for the club that I love so much.

As for me, I'm no footballer. I'm a registered nurse in a public hospital - as such I am subjected to the opinions and standards of many individuals and professional boards etc. I'm happy to be held accountable to those, and Brandon Ellis needs to be accountable to similar standards suited to his own career!

I'm glad he's gone. Nothing makes a tragic more sick than a pea-heart!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Andyy

Club Legend
Oct 17, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
All top level footballers are strong, tough, brave etc. However, this is so obvious i doubt it needs saying much

BEllis has had some very good games and moments. Round 5 vs Sydney at docklands comes to mind, had a cracker imo. the dangerfeild hit etc.

however FOR AFL STANDARDS ellis is soft as butter and a total squib. The Achilles heel of the team IMO. To win the premiership and get Ellis off the books (and his 500k per years) and to bring in a decent compo draft pick is an incredibile result. best time line.

That said Menadue is hardly michael voss himself. He is so skinny and light can hardly blame him, runs like the wind.

Thank you for being realistic and not wearing the rose glasses like that other moron!

YeOldTiger

67-69-73-74-80-17-19-20
Jul 22, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Thank you for being realistic and not wearing the rose glasses like that other moron!
you said it, you're no footballer, yet you're comfortable calling 175 game players for the club you say you support pea hearts. you simply wouldn't know your ass from a football. Like I said, you're an embarrassment to yourself. Shut up.

YeOldTiger

67-69-73-74-80-17-19-20
Jul 22, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Oh please, don't make any more a fool of yourself. Being in the 22 for two grand finals doesn't mean he's tough or brave!

I stand by my comment. A talented player he was, yet he regularly squibbed physical contests, went to ground or handballed a hot potato to a team mate to avoid being tackled only to watch them get slammed. He occasionally surprised me by being physical or going back with the flight of the ball, however it was less often than the efforts I saw that I considered to be below AFL standard for $500,000/year, let alone for the club that I love so much.

As for me, I'm no footballer. I'm a registered nurse in a public hospital - as such I am subjected to the opinions and standards of many individuals and professional boards etc. I'm happy to be held accountable to those, and Brandon Ellis needs to be accountable to similar standards suited to his own career!

No, nothing makes a tragic more sick than someone who never laced up a boot calling into question the courage of someone whose courage you simply couldn't identify with. Ellis has a back story and you're about the weakest guy here. As a nurse you would see the crap side of life so you should know better. you're a keyboard warrior mate. Soft as butter. Call me a moron yet you act like one.

YeOldTiger

67-69-73-74-80-17-19-20
Jul 22, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams

Yeh you're the tough guy who was blowing hard about how we should start throwing punches in the gf. Another keyboard warrior dissing players from your own club. I rate your opinion the same as the stuff I scrape off the bottom of my shoe after a walk in the park. "For AFL standards" lol. Put you out there you'd melt in the sun.

Andyy

Club Legend
Oct 17, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Yeh you're the tough guy who was blowing hard about how we should start throwing punches in the gf. Another keyboard warrior dissing players from your own club. I rate your opinion the same as the stuff I scrape off the bottom of my shoe after a walk in the park. "For AFL standards" lol. Put you out there you'd melt in the sun.

dribble dribble dribble

You clearly have a man crush on Brando haha

Raoul Juke

Debutant
Apr 25, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
I hope the club sticks with him with a 1 year, team friendly deal.

The back end of the season and through the VFL finals he was consistently in our top 2-3 player & was kicking a few goals a game. At worst he is great depth, at best he builds on that improvement & becomes a very good player. If he has added goal kicking to his game, i find his upside pretty appealing. His biggest flaw has been his inability to force himself on a game, so adding goal kicking is essential alongside his high end endurance and speed.

Last edited:

Infamy

🐯🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Oct 1, 2004
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
Richmond

He will get picked up as a DFA if we try to bump him down to the rookie list, I'm hoping we give him another year

There is no reason to upgrade DES to the senior list yet, he's still a Cat B rookie outside the list, so make the most of the extra list spot.
He's not exactly demanding a senior spot just yet

Sort of surprised, cause he has the tools. But I guess he's had many chances and hasn't taken them. I reckon he can play AFL, and fairly well. So hope he gets picked up

Remove this Banner Ad

Back