Delisted Connor Menadue [DFA]

Remove this Banner Ad

I rewatched the Richmond Freo game played in WA earlier in the season and can see why they might be interested. He played a very good game that day and was one who really monstered Freo. He is very quick and smart I hope he either does get to Freo or back on our rookie list.

What about those other 5 matches he didn’t get over 15 touches in?

Good athlete, but depth player personified. Barely AFL quality.

I rewatched the Richmond Freo game played in WA earlier in the season and can see why they might be interested. He played a very good game that day and was one who really monstered Freo. He is very quick and smart I hope he either does get to Freo or back on our rookie list.
Yeah, good post. Looks like Freo have gone cold on him. Might be because of Aish and Acres? Would have liked him as well.

Has speed and could be a handy depth player. Would suit Fremantle a lot. As a rookie option.

What about those other 5 matches he didn’t get over 15 touches in?

Good athlete, but depth player personified. Barely AFL quality.
I think you are being harsh there , If Connor was playing for a team thats not as strong he would have played more and probably been a regular
Cunningham & O'Brien at the blues average same numbers as connor. LOB is younger but Cunningham is just 6 months younger than Menadue
being harsh there

I think you are being harsh there , If Connor was playing for a team thats not as strong he would have played more and probably been a regular
Cunningham & O'Brien at the blues average same numbers as connor. LOB is younger but Cunningham is just 6 months younger than Menadue
being harsh there

Could have this discussion after another year, but Cuningham’s development has largely been stifled by injury. His impact per possession is good though.

Menadue is just NQR IMO. A good athlete, and quality VFL footballer, but not quite up to AFL standard.

Could have this discussion after another year, but Cuningham’s development has largely been stifled by injury. His impact per possession is good though.

Menadue is just NQR IMO. A good athlete, and quality VFL footballer, but not quite up to AFL standard.
The same could be said about menadue , He is a clean user and has been extremely good at VFL level and had some good games at AFL also but just didnt grab the position that was available at the time. Whilst Cunningham has had injury troubles Menadue came to the club 187cm 63kgs and spent the 1st 3 years trying to stay on the ground during windy days.

He is definitely AFL standard player and i would be happy to take him back as a rookie for another 1-2 years as he will get better but certainly no Isaac Smith

The same could be said about menadue , He is a clean user and has been extremely good at VFL level and had some good games at AFL also but just didnt grab the position that was available at the time. Whilst Cunningham has had injury troubles Menadue came to the club 187cm 63kgs and spent the 1st 3 years trying to stay on the ground during windy days.

He is definitely AFL standard player and i would be happy to take him back as a rookie for another 1-2 years as he will get better but certainly no Isaac Smith
GCS rookie spots is perfect for him, if him and Corey Ellis don't make it can always delist them next year.

He's a super frustrating player. You watch him and think, wow, he has all the tools to be an absolute gun, yet hes just a fringe player and has been for some time.

"Tools" define tools ? Can't play hb or hf or win a load of the footy ? Played all year in vfl yet didn't poll top 3 at the tigers...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Tools" define tools ? Can't play hb or hf or win a load of the footy ? Played all year in vfl yet didn't poll top 3 at the tigers...

Great kick
Elite speed
Elite endurance
Good size
Great agility

They are tools that would commonly equate to a handy AFL footballer but like I said, frustratingly it hasnt equated to him being a good footballer, not above VFL anyway.

He played two-thirds of the year in the VFL. Was our second-best finals player behind Pickett. Would walk into Carlton's first 22, and many others.

He played two-thirds of the year in the VFL. Was our second-best finals player behind Pickett. Would walk into Carlton's first 22, and many others.

Yeah nah. Only as a depth player/emergency. He is not really a bad player really, but he doens't fit a need for us (in my opinion)

This saying "walks into best 22" is a myth... Chris masten was best 22 but no club will pick him up. Top clubs like bottom clubs have players that are just not afl standard..

In saying that I hope he gets another crack seems like a nice guy

This saying "walks into best 22" is a myth... Chris masten was best 22 but no club will pick him up. Top clubs like bottom clubs have players that are just not afl standard..

In saying that I hope he gets another crack seems like a nice guy
Masten is 30 and I bet he gets a gig somewhere. Menadue is 23. He's a better player than Jayden Short, just wasn't given the same opportunities to play the unaccountable spoonfed rebounder role. Short is a premiership player and Menadue got delisted. Go figure.

Any team that gives Menadue the chance to be their designated kicker out of defence will be happy.

Masten is 30 and I bet he gets a gig somewhere. Menadue is 23. He's a better player than Jayden Short, just wasn't given the same opportunities to play the unaccountable spoonfed rebounder role. Short is a premiership player and Menadue got delisted. Go figure.

Any team that gives Menadue the chance to be their designated kicker out of defence will be happy.
Personally i hope we rookie list him , Just deserves that extra year with his VFL form he has shown this year

Personally i hope we rookie list him , Just deserves that extra year with his VFL form he has shown this year
I do too, but I think the club would have signalled it when delisting him if that was their plan, like they did with Towner and Mabs last year. Someone will take him and be happy they did.

Has speed and could be a handy depth player. Would suit Fremantle a lot. As a rookie option.

Why do so many people keep making comments along the lines of ""XYZ would be handy depth" ??

It's one of the most nonsense theories I ever read.

First rule of recruiting ……...….. NEVER RECRUIT A PLAYER PURELY TO BE DEPTH !!!

You keep recruiting players who are more 'top end' and force existing players down the pecking order and thus they become 'depth' as a matter of course.

He would be best 22 at some clubs, and can play just could never crack into the Tigers side and get any continuity but was always thereabouts on the cusp at VFL level. I would have been happy to keep him for another year because he has the tools to play at half back or better yet on a wing, he just hasn't been able to consistently put it altogether yet. At only 23 next year, and after just losing Brandon Ellis he would have been a contender fighting for that wing/HB spot among others. A strong preseason could have seen him be a bolter to play as soon as an opportunity presented.

He will get picked up somewhere, and if it's not by us then I can see a lower club getting him and he'd be handy for them.

He might be a more complete player than Short but you are underrating the value of Short’s ability to be an 80m player in a Richmond system that is very territory focused.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back