Delisted Connor Menadue [DFA]

Jul 13, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Charlotte Hornets, Chelsea, Striker
LOL there were numerous player potting him during the previous year when nobody wanted him and was given a 1 year deal to remain at richmond, He would have been given away free the year before.

Menadue was border line being delisted this year and eventually was due to richmond needing list spots as well as having both Naish , Stack , Pickett , Turner developing well.

Im pretty certain Menadue will get a rookie spot on a list and could possibly be the crows , Im sure he will become a gun once he gets drafted if it is the crows

Do you hear what you're saying?

"there's no spot for Menadue because of x y z developing well"

Why isn't Menadue developing well?

If theres no spot for him because of a bunch of first and 2nd year players then maybe that would give you the feeling that he isnt very good?

If we waste a rookie spot on him I'll be concerned.
But then I'd be willing to bet he will never play AFL again

Jul 13, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Look he is not a super star like Isaac Smith or Gaff but he is a quality player that will play a role in a club that needs pace and run and could be a 150 game player and is certainly AFL level. He has played very very good games in the big games that counted at VFL level and could step up.

first thing i would do is get him into the gym to gain 6-7 kgs of muscle and then into the boxing ring to get some campaigner into him to go hard

If he hasnt gained 6-7kg of muscle in about 7 preseasons he isnt going to do it in his 8th.

You're living in a fantasy world.

Nov 29, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Memphis Grizzlies
I'm surprised clubs aren't willing to take a punt on him but will go for other VFL players who don't play as well as Menadue at that level. Hopefully he gets a spot in some clubs seconds and becomes an option for the mid season draft.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
If he hasnt gained 6-7kg of muscle in about 7 preseasons he isnt going to do it in his 8th.

You're living in a fantasy world.
He weighed in at 69kgs dripping wet when drafted he now is 80kgs so yeah ......... But how would you know you never seen him

But to be serious kids like Connor struggle to gain weight when they are young but at 23/24 is when their bodies are able to hold the weight on and a modified training regime with more muscle intensity he could easily add this weight on in 5-6 months.

dean33

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2007
melb
AFL Club
Richmond
I doubt menedue is best 22 at any side, at a push the suns. Wish him all the best and hope he gets picked up however from what I have seen he isn’t good enough to make it as a player.

Jul 13, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
He weighed in at 69kgs dripping wet when drafted he now is 80kgs so yeah ......... But how would you know you never seen him

But to be serious kids like Connor struggle to gain weight when they are young but at 23/24 is when their bodies are able to hold the weight on and a modified training regime with more muscle intensity he could easily add this weight on in 5-6 months.

Talking about fantasy land from a crows supporter like yourself is funny, You guys still listening to the Richmond theme song ?

But he still needs to gain about 7-8kg according to your buddy.
So does he need to be 90kg on a 70kg frame?

Or is it just that hes not very good?

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
But he still needs to gain about 7-8kg according to your buddy.
So does he need to be 90kg on a 70kg frame?

Or is it just that hes not very good?

So he now weighs 80kgs and needs to get to 87/88kgs but according to you that seems too much for a player that is 187cm tall

but 80ks + 7/8kgs equals 90kgs for you

1574734658498.png

Jul 13, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
So he now weighs 80kgs and needs to get to 87/88kgs but according to you that seems too much for a player that is 187cm tall

but 80ks + 7/8kgs equals 90kgs for you

View attachment 784783

Rounded up two kg and you think thats occasion for sarcastic applause? Righto.

Regardless, weight and height are not the only two factors.
187cm is only 6 foot 1, slightly under league average.

For someone with a slim initial build 90kg will be too heavy.

I did notice, however, that you chose to ignore your fellow Richmond's fan assessment of Menadue.
Given how much weight you put in which club people support, surely that must sway your opinion?

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Rounded up two kg and you think thats occasion for sarcastic applause? Righto.

Regardless, weight and height are not the only two factors.
187cm is only 6 foot 1, slightly under league average.

For someone with a slim initial build 90kg will be too heavy.

I did notice, however, that you chose to ignore your fellow Richmond's fan assessment of Menadue.
Given how much weight you put in which club people support, surely that must sway your opinion?

Incorrect i put weight into people who watch players not who they support
You wouldnt know Menadue if he fell on your head

Jul 13, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Incorrect i put weight into people who watch players not who they support
You wouldnt know Menadue if he fell on your head

I told you I see around 4/5 AFL games a weekend.
So I've seen him at AFL level a few times.

You also said that you cant trust my opinion because I'm a crows fan specifically (Oh look theres this thing called evidence).

LOL now we have a crows supporter telling us what our payer is worth

It really doesnt matter what he does at VFL level. Totally different game.

All semantics.
Your club, coaches and selectors didn't rate him and that's why he's currently jobless.
I find it funny that even though my opinion clearly aligns with your club's opinion, I'm somehow still wrong!

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
I told you I see around 4/5 AFL games a weekend.
So I've seen him at AFL level a few times.

You also said that you cant trust my opinion because I'm a crows fan specifically (Oh look theres this thing called evidence).

It really doesnt matter what he does at VFL level. Totally different game.

All semantics.
Your club, coaches and selectors didn't rate him and that's why he's currently jobless.
I find it funny that even though my opinion clearly aligns with your club's opinion, I'm somehow still wrong!

If you had mentioned it prior to him being delisted i would have given you credit but ramping on about a young player delisted from the team which has won 2 of the last flags both in such a dominant display and has depth in an area where the said player plays - You get sfa credit

you know nothing about richmond players and i would say the Richmond theme song has also had its effect on you the same way as the poor crow players after 2017.

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
Stop mentioning premiership medals as if they're an individual achievement.
I thought adults knew that the two have virtually no correlation.
Taylor Duryea is a multiple premiership winner too.

Well yeh, an unbiased opinion (which aligns with your coaching and list management funnily enough) holds a bit more weight than a one eyed supporter of the club who is unlikely to criticise any of their own players.

There's a reason Short was retained and the other two not.

i think you misunderstand the points.

we agree ellis isnt very good, and that he has two premiership medals.

hence, im arguing a menadue type could have easily taken his spot and richmond dont get any worse. maybe even better cause he is miles faster, a better kick and arguably less soft

Ambrosia

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 11, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
i think you misunderstand the points.

we agree ellis isnt very good, and that he has two premiership medals.

hence, im arguing a menadue type could have easily taken his spot and richmond dont get any worse. maybe even better cause he is miles faster, a better kick and arguably less soft

I think you’re underestimating Ellis’s ability to actually know how to find the ball. Menadue gets lost out there and goes missing for long periods of time and given the fact he is slight and a below average tackler he needs the ball to make an impact.

Marcel Proust

Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
I think you’re underestimating Ellis’s ability to actually know how to find the ball. Menadue gets lost out there and goes missing for long periods of time and given the fact he is slight and a below average tackler he needs the ball to make an impact.

we have already established ellis averaged one kick more a game, this season, than menadue

hardly something to write home about.

I strongly dislike Ellis so i may be bias but its a similar argument Short v Menadue imo who also was in the winning grand final

Ambrosia

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 11, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
we have already established ellis averaged one kick more a game, this season, than menadue

hardly something to write home about.

I strongly dislike Ellis so i may be bias but its a similar argument Short v Menadue imo who also was in the winning grand final

That's very clearly small sample bias though. Menadue only played 6 games and a game with 19 kicks which drags his average way up. I suggest his career average of ~7 kicks is a much better indicator for his ability to find the footy.

Marcel Proust

Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
That's very clearly small sample bias though. Menadue only played 6 games and a game with 19 kicks which drags his average way up. I suggest his career average of ~7 kicks is a much better indicator for his ability to find the footy.

I wouldnt because you are including

'15: 3 kicks
'16: 5 kicks...

he is trending up, now at 'ball magnet' ellis levels for finding the ball and is a nice kick (long, hard, flat kick, also unlike ellis). he weighed about 50kgs in the early years so its strange to include that data imo

hes about 22 years old and was drafted a project player. Its false to claim he is shot IMO

Richmond gave away Sam Lloyd for a packet of chips and he is a top 15 goal kicker in the AFL.
DangerSloane is wrong in his 'cant get a game for richmond so cant make it' argument, imo, as lloyd has proven this potential scenario; the top goal kicker for the dogs heading into the finals as the 'darkhorse'

Last edited:

Ambrosia

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 11, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon

he is trending up, now at 'ball magnet' ellis levels for finding the ball and is a nice kick (long, hard, flat kick, also unlike ellis). he weighed about 50kgs in the early years so its strange to include that data imo

hes about 22 years old and was drafted a project player. Its false to claim he is shot IMO

Richmond gave away Sam Lloyd for a packet of chips and he is a top 15 goal kicker in the AFL.
DangerSloane is wrong in his 'cant get a game for richmond so cant make it' argument, imo, as lloyd has proven who was the top goal kicker for the dogs heading into the finals as the 'darkhorse'

I think you are misrepresenting DangerSloanes argument here. I don’t think anyone disagrees with Richmond fans in saying that Menadue could still become a handy AFL player. Where THE_GUN is showing his extreme bias is claiming that Menadue would be best 22 for the majority of AFL teams.

Marcel Proust

Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
I think you are misrepresenting DangerSloanes argument here. I don’t think anyone disagrees with Richmond fans in saying that Menadue could still become a handy AFL player. Where THE_GUN is showing his extreme bias is claiming that Menadue would be best 22 for the majority of AFL teams.

Suns he would have been very handy last season.

Dees yes, exactly what Oliver and co. needed

ditto Carlton.

Swans, saints yes 'due best 22'

dockers would be a handy addition

roos proabley, yes similar to the bottom clubs compliments the inside players

Even GWS would have looked at giving him a game if they owned him during the grand final. Hill has good upside but isnt ready Menadue way ahead currently, Whitfield should not have played etc.

He isnt a great player but isnt as bad as is being made out. won a premiership in his last game was BOG in the first half and almost kicked the goal of the century. Given his age and range of abilities is a good chance of making it, wouldnt be unhappy if Richmond rookies him

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Loving how an Adelaide supports pots a player from another club whilst his team has a Jordan Gallucci who was a 1st round pick after 3 years averaging just 11 touches at 66% and managed 27 games. Crows are full of champions

dean33

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2007
melb
AFL Club
Richmond

DangerSloane is wrong in his 'cant get a game for richmond so cant make it' argument, imo, as lloyd has proven this potential scenario; the top goal kicker for the dogs heading into the finals as the 'darkhorse'
Have to disagree with you here, Lloyd was always a capable player who always scored goals when playing in the side however we just didn’t have a spot for him, always thought he’d do well at whatever club grabbed him. Menedue has had numerous chances and I struggle to think of many games where I’ve walked away thinking “geez, menedue went well today.”
As for Ellis you seriously aren’t giving him any credit, bloke was one of the hardest workers out there and while he is replaceable to put him in the same category as menedue is an insult to him.

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams

Lloyd suffered from a number of players at his position and somewhat Richmond's game style.
He was much more suited to the Dogs.

Not sure I ever made that bolded argument. In fact I certainly didnt.
The argument I did make though is if Menadue couldn't get games in 2019 when you had 10+ players out injured, in his what 6th season of AFL footy, he was never going to make best 22.

This is obvious to literally everybody except you and THE GUN

Back