Delisted Connor Menadue [DFA]

HTPunter

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
thats another way of looking at it but isnt that how all young payers would get games ?
need to remember that he is trying to break into the best team and has other players also performing well in the 2nd's as well with Richmond winning both
VFL & AFL flags

Which means if he wants to play regular games soon without relying on a middling team due to injuries (which Richmond were when he played - no games in the 12-0 run home which made Richmond the best team) he would look to leave, and the value for an uncontracted fringe player looking out is minimal. Who knows what he chooses - if he chooses to leave though you aren't getting much for him.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Which means if he wants to play regular games soon without relying on a middling team due to injuries (which Richmond were when he played - no games in the 12-0 run home which made Richmond the best team) he would look to leave, and the value for an uncontracted fringe player looking out is minimal. Who knows what he chooses - if he chooses to leave though you aren't getting much for him.
Not really he has a chance to take Brandon Ellis's position if he works hard and takes his opportunity , Also he is in the next 4-5 players and all teams get injuries. Team is not 22 players but more 30-35

Menadue came to the club at 63kgs and was mentioned during the trade that he is a slow burn and would take 4-5 years , He is ready to go as of now and its totally upto him to make it his

Not really he has a chance to take Brandon Ellis's position if he works hard and takes his opportunity , Also he is in the next 4-5 players and all teams get injuries. Team is not 22 players but more 30-35

Menadue came to the club at 63kgs and was mentioned during the trade that he is a slow burn and would take 4-5 years , He is ready to go as of now and its totally upto him to make it his

Too much talent to not play AFL. I love it when he takes the game on. But he rarely does it in the AFL. Anyway, hope he stays. But we'll see.

Jun 18, 2007
Top of the tree
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
#VICBIAS
When our under-23 side flogged Freo in Perth this year, Cerra had his arse handed to him by Jason Castagna, and the best two players on the ground were Bolton and Menadue, players Freo has been interested in and their supporters are determined to talk down in the hope of getting them cheaply.

I hope we keep Connor, his best is yet to come.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Captain's doco did show him to be a man with tremendous amounts of empathy so fair play.

That doco ended with the tragedy which was Matthew Pavlich 😭

P.s is this Menadue thing happening or not?

That would depend on freo and if they want him , Richmond will get him there if he/freo want the deal to happen
most likely token pick or maybe exchange of picks to get it done

Grrr

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
mildura
AFL Club
Richmond
That would depend on freo and if they want him , Richmond will get him there if he/freo want the deal to happen
most likely token pick or maybe exchange of picks to get it done
I don't think Richmond will be trying to help Menadue find another home, they might trade him but they I'd hope they are not going to give him away for a token pick. He has some upside and development and in many respects is probably the unluckiest of all those fringe players. Had one good game at HB against Freo, next week played forward, where he stayed until he was dropped. With the wing spot opening he is in with a shot as you say. To me he has not been tried and found wanting, not yet anyway. Would be a good get for Freo.

I don't think Richmond will be trying to help Menadue find another home, they might trade him but they I'd hope they are not going to give him away for a token pick. He has some upside and development and in many respects is probably the unluckiest of all those fringe players. Had one good game at HB against Freo, next week played forward, where he stayed until he was dropped. With the wing spot opening he is in with a shot as you say. To me he has not been tried and found wanting, not yet anyway. Would be a good get for Freo.
save Menadue.

Cautiously optimistic that he has avoided being traded and we can ogive him another year or two.

Midnite65

Club Legend
Sep 27, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Philadelpia 76'ers
Was he spotted in Perth at all and did he do the medical there, if not you would assume it is not happening.

Back