Delisted Connor Menadue [DFA]

Wines to cripps

Senior List
Oct 15, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
That's just not true, but anyway I don't care that much, he's gone from us.

Haha mate the suns have extra list spots and still didn't want him. Just because a team wins a flag doesn't mean all the players are afl standard

Use it on a kid that might have some talent.
Not one thats what 7 years in the system and has shown hes likely not up to the top level.

Do they teach a different number system in South Australia?

Connor Menadue got drafted in the 2014 draft and was on Richmond's list from 2015-2019. That's 5 years--- not 7.

I understand that you don't rate Menadue-- but you've turned into a ranter now with your made up facts.

Jul 13, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Charlotte Hornets, Chelsea, Striker
Do they teach a different number system in South Australia?

Connor Menadue got drafted in the 2014 draft and was on Richmond's list from 2015-2019. That's 5 years--- not 7.

I understand that you don't rate Menadue-- but you've turned into a ranter now with your made up facts.

I said 'what 7 years' off the top of my head.
Turns out it was 6. Big whoop.

Doesnt change the fact that hes not AFL standard, which is the real point here.

I said 'what 7 years' off the top of my head.
Turns out it was 6. Big whoop.

Doesnt change the fact that hes not AFL standard, which is the real point here.

He was on Richmond's list for the 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019 seasons--- 5 years.

Even after I pointed out you were wrong, you still couldn't get the amount of years right.

I'm not arguing whether Menadue is AFL standard or not-- I'm just saying that using fake information (even after being corrected) just makes your comments look like a rant rather than an educated opinion.

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
Haha mate the suns have extra list spots and still didn't want him. Just because a team wins a flag doesn't mean all the players are afl standard
Didn't use those words myself, but regardless can't really be bothered defending our fringe players anymore who have been delisted.

Well I personally think that Menadue will find a home in the AFL at some stage in the next year or two--- his speed is a real asset that would help many teams in the AFL improve their game plan. Unfortunately he was 'behind' too many players playing a similar position to him and he wasn't able to prove his worth on a premiership list; but his VFL work demonstrated that he's able to break a game open.

As a Richmond supporter I wish him a best of luck for the future and I hope we get to see him play at AFL level again.

Jul 13, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Well I personally think that Menadue will find a home in the AFL at some stage in the next year or two--- his speed is a real asset that would help many teams in the AFL improve their game plan. Unfortunately he was 'behind' too many players playing a similar position to him and he wasn't able to prove his worth on a premiership list; but his VFL work demonstrated that he's able to break a game open.

As a Richmond supporter I wish him a best of luck for the future and I hope we get to see him play at AFL level again.

I'll leave you with this thought.
How was he overtaken by the rookies every single year if he's got a real asset that will help many teams?

Unless Hardwick had something against him personally, he was being out-developed every year by 18-19 year olds.

How was he overtaken by the rookies every single year if he's got a real asset that will help many teams?

Unless Hardwick had something against him personally, he was being out-developed every year by 18-19 year olds.

Name one "rookie" that made it into Richmond's regular side that plays the same role as Menadue?

Menadue is a speedy, ball carrying winger..... a role that in the past 4-5 years has been held by Brandon Ellis and Kamdyn McIntosh (with Josh Caddy playing more of a hybrid wing role in late 2019).

That type of player would definitely be more beneficial in another club that's game plan focuses on moving the ball through running rather than by quick handballs which is a major part of Richmond's 'modern' game plan.

Oct 16, 2011
AFL Club
Adelaide
Probably would have preferred Menadue to the two guys we actually picked in the rookie draft. Connor is on of those ten or so people that get cut each year that you struggle to understand how one team didn't pick him up, especially those teams that have key deficiencies that need addressing

Jul 13, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Probably would have preferred Menadue to the two guys we actually picked in the rookie draft. Connor is on of those ten or so people that get cut each year that you struggle to understand how one team didn't pick him up, especially those teams that have key deficiencies that need addressing
The kinda guy who it's pretty obvious to coaches why he isn't picked but maybe not obvious to the average supporter.
He is just plain average

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
As has been mentioned, just because he has come from the AFL & VFL premiers does not mean he is good enough to have a place on an AFL list. He has tools but couldn't use his strengths to hold down an AFL position in the 5 years he had at Richmond.

May well turn into one of those what could have been cases where he torches the lower levels for years without ever having fully realised his potential at the highest level.

Anyways, it's all a moot point now, he had his (first) chance at Richmond and missed it. Will be very, very lucky to get a second.

Oct 16, 2011
AFL Club
Adelaide
The kinda guy who it's pretty obvious to coaches why he isn't picked but maybe not obvious to the average supporter.
He is just plain average

That theory would hold weight if DFAs weren't getting picked up after being delisted. I don't think anyone is suggesting that a delisted player is an unlucky best 22 player for the club he was delisted from, obviously, things haven't worked out between the two parties but the average supporter can point to certain incidents that suggest the player could make it in the right environment for them.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
As has been mentioned, just because he has come from the AFL & VFL premiers does not mean he is good enough to have a place on an AFL list. He has tools but couldn't use his strengths to hold down an AFL position in the 5 years he had at Richmond.

May well turn into one of those what could have been cases where he torches the lower levels for years without ever having fully realised his potential at the highest level.

Anyways, it's all a moot point now, he had his (first) chance at Richmond and missed it. Will be very, very lucky to get a second.

If he has a good crack at a stage league club next year, he could have a chamce of being picked up in the mid-season draft. Unfortunatley for players like him, list spots, even the rookie list, are at an premium at the moment.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
He is just plain average
Should fit in perfectly at the crows then and already knows the Richmond theme song and has seen the power rangers stance live

Jul 13, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Should fit in perfectly at the crows then and already knows the Richmond theme song and has seen the power rangers stance live

You're really sticking to the "I've got nothing so I'm going to try to troll" theory aren't you.

Cant attack the argument because you've got nothing, so try to attack the persons team about something that happened like 3 years ago.

Jul 13, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
If he has a good crack at a stage league club next year, he could have a chamce of being picked up in the mid-season draft. Unfortunatley for players like him, list spots, even the rookie list, are at an premium at the moment.

If a guy like Luke Partington cant get another gig after the SANFL season he had, what hope does Menadue have?
Its very possible he gets picked up by another club, but I'd be asking why if it was us that picked him up.

Hes got 39 games of exposed form and from even the most rosy of Richmond fans he's only played a handful of good games.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
You're really sticking to the "I've got nothing so I'm going to try to troll" theory aren't you.

Cant attack the argument because you've got nothing, so try to attack the persons team about something that happened like 3 years ago.

You are the biggest Troll in this thread mate , seriously by you throwing the word troll out there is hypocrisy at its best

Jul 13, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
You are the biggest Troll in this thread mate , seriously by you throwing the word troll out there is hypocrisy at its best

I discuss the player and you bring up the Richmond theme song / camp / power stance.

There's 3 instances of it in this thread.

Do you really want to go there?

Edit: There's a 4th troll attempt.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
I discuss the player and you bring up the Richmond theme song / camp / power stance.

There's 3 instances of it in this thread.

Do you really want to go there?

Edit: There's a 4th troll attempt.
You should take notice of my post more clearly !!

I did say atleast 'HE' knows the theme song meaning Menadue

Back