Recommitted Connor Menadue [re-signed] and Corey Ellis [traded to Gold Coast]

Remove this Banner Ad

Ellis will be at the Gold Coast along with Miles will go there for basically nothing and think Menadue will stay has shown more than Ellis and has elite speed and endurance. Ellis is a footballer great user highly skilled just doesn't get it enough to impact

Menadue still has a lot to work on but is quick, kicks well, runs all day and hits the scoreboard.
Could definitely see a team needing outside run like the dogs, blues or cats putting in a decent offer for him.

Very different players, but Menadue straight swap for Casboult? Midfield depth for KP forward/Ruck depth...

Very different players, but Menadue straight swap for Casboult? Midfield depth for KP forward/Ruck depth...

12 months ago Casboult might have been on the radar, but we took 3 talls in last years draft who are doing OK (as much as first year talls usually do anyway), on top of those we already had, as well as probably getting Lynch.

I doubt Richmond would have any interest in him any more (if they ever did).

I'd also think the only way Casboult would be OK with it is if he was about to be delisted otherwise, with no interest from anywhere else (he'd be practically guaranteed to never get an AFL game at Richmond after all).

Menadue wouldnt be the worst pick up in the world.

Ellis ... wont make it
Dude that’s a sick DP.

But honestly maybe Ellis could make it as a defender akin to Salem Jetta and Duggan? He’s such a beautiful kick and even Lewis Jetta has become a fairly competent defender.

Reckon there will always be a spot for him on any list if there’s a turning point for him and he takes that next step Richmond’s been waiting 3 years for him to take. Probably would happen after he gets delisted though

Dude that’s a sick DP.

But honestly maybe Ellis could make it as a defender akin to Salem Jetta and Duggan? He’s such a beautiful kick and even Lewis Jetta has become a fairly competent defender.

Reckon there will always be a spot for him on any list if there’s a turning point for him and he takes that next step Richmond’s been waiting 3 years for him to take. Probably would happen after he gets delisted though

His problem seems to be more attitude/workrate than skills, so he might be one of those players who will benefit from a change of club, especially if it's got that 'kick up the arse' element to it (fear of delistment, last moment reprieve, etc).

Both are beautiful kicks. Ellis also has elite vision - he sees a hole and slide a footy through a car window by hand or foot. But he's a little...nice. Pick 50 ono.

I'm a Menadue fan. He has genuine pace and great kicking penetration. Very skinny when we got him, he's moved through thin to slim. But he has power in his legs and fills out more each year. Keeper for mine, lots of improvement in him. Line-breaking half-back potential, mold of Zac Williams.

Nice

Give Menadue some continuity off a wing/hbf at AFL level and I suspect he'll become a solid AFL player.
Agree.

Ellis doesn't seem to quite have it.
That's why we're giving him to you. You can give him Matty Dea's old number. :rainbow:

Both have had more than enough chances and just don't find the footy enough at senior level. Probably have more value to us as backup players, don't think they will necessarily have any value for another team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How about a trade to land Menadue at the saints

Saints get Menadue
Tigers get pick 57

Menadue is gun and has that class and finish that will only come cheap for a couple more years. The Tigers have a pick in the Alastair Richards, Hudson Garoni or Jacob Koschitke area, all three are guns.
Not worth it for us. I think Menadue will be best 22 next year, possibly taking the Grigg or Houli role.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back