Toast Connor Rozee All-Australian 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

How many of our players do you actually rate? Wouldn't be many.

I rate Rozee highly. He’s had a breakout part season. AA honours are laughable though. Might as well have Marshall at full forward and Butters on a flank too.

I rate Rozee highly. He’s had a breakout part season. AA honours are laughable though. Might as well have Marshall at full forward and Butters on a flank too.
Yea mate, the bloke who finished 5th in the coaches votes & has the most votes of anyone in the comp since round 5 didn't earn his spot.

By waspy's standards there would only be 3 or 4 players in the all Australian team.

Waspy’s AA Team

Marshall (c) Curnow Fritsch

Petracca Cameron Bolton

Brayshaw Oliver Neale

Dawson Taylor Docherty

Stewart May Sicily

Gawn Miller Mills

Laird Blicavs Sinclair Cripps

Last edited:
Rd 14 vs Sydney - 3rd best side at end of home and away
VOTES PLAYER (CLUB)
Connor Rozee (PORT)
7 Todd Marshall (PORT)
6 Ollie Wines (PORT)
5 Isaac Heeney (SYD)

Rd 15 when GC were still in hunt for finals, were 7-6, and we won by 2 pts and then they lost to collingwood by 5 pts
VOTES PLAYER (CLUB)
Connor Rozee (PORT)
8 Touk Miller (GCFC) ***** out polled joint winner
6 Todd Marshall (PORT)

Rd 16 Dockers 5th
VOTES PLAYER (CLUB)
Sean Darcy (FRE)
9 Rory Lobb (FRE)
3 Jordan Clark (FRE)
3 Connor Rozee (PORT)

Rd 17 GWS
VOTES PLAYER (CLUB)
Connor Rozee (PORT)

Rd 18 Melbourne 2nd
VOTES
PLAYER (CLUB)
Kysaiah Pickett (MELB)
8 Christian Petracca (MELB)
6 Connor Rozee (PORT)

No votes against Geelong Rd 19 as Atkins took him to the cleaners, Dixon got 7, SPP 2 and Jezza 2.

Rd 20 Collingwood 4th
VOTES PLAYER (CLUB)
Jordan De Goey (COLL)
7 Connor Rozee (PORT)
7 Josh Daicos (COLL)

So all top 5 sides covered in this stretch, GC when they were playing well and a bottom 6 side, both wins and losses and both home and away games. Go thru the other top 5, top 10 players and against the same sides and I doubt they would be miles ahead of Connor.

Last edited:
Look at his season in reverse and he’s in no one’s team. The recency bias is real
Do the same exercise for who you would replace him with, and I bet they don't come up as Rozee as he does - pun intended.

Connor says it’s the closest group he has ever been a part of and that they feel now they've got a game plan they can really trust and come back to.

Conner and Butters seem to have a very good understanding of each others strengths and where they are in relation to each other on the ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Connor says it’s the closest group he has ever been a part of and that they feel now they've got a game plan they can really trust and come back to.

As opposed to the previous game plan that they couldn't trust?

Sounds like the players are on board with Carr.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

reckon it will be Connor Rozee All Australian - 2023, in about 12 weeks time.

If Rozee makes it again I assume he will be the first dual AA from that draft?

Butters’ best this year has been better but accounting for longer term consistency and exposed form and impact, Rozee is the clear number 1 from that draft IMHO.

Rozee yesterday Ollie today about the game plan.
So hardery for longery actually works😉

Wines on the side’s game plan
“It's probably as clear as it's been with our playing group in terms of what we need to do to win. It’s certainly not easy, it’s probably physically the hardest game style I’ve ever played throughout my career. We make a commitment at the start of games to knuckle down for two-and-a-half, three hours of genuine pain because that’s what it takes to play our game style, but you reap the rewards. Our game plan is quite simple and clear to us but quite physically hard to execute.”

Rozee yesterday Ollie today about the game plan.
So hardery for longery actually works

Wines on the side’s game plan
“It's probably as clear as it's been with our playing group in terms of what we need to do to win. It’s certainly not easy, it’s probably physically the hardest game style I’ve ever played throughout my career. We make a commitment at the start of games to knuckle down for two-and-a-half, three hours of genuine pain because that’s what it takes to play our game style, but you reap the rewards. Our game plan is quite simple and clear to us but quite physically hard to execute.”
No. We might actually have a gameplan now!

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Obviously not being a forward until round 5 this time around but 100% backing his AA form up

View attachment 1718563

Yep, he's being publicly outshone by Butters at the moment but he's every bit as good as he was last year and given we'll finish top 2, he should end up with another very well deserved guernsey.

It'll be interesting to see who gets a guernsey for us. I'd argue our KPFs share the load too much, and our defence is a unit. Houston is the only other player I think might be in contention. Maybe Aliir because he's got the advantage of already having won one.

Yep, he's being publicly outshone by Butters at the moment but he's every bit as good as he was last year and given we'll finish top 2, he should end up with another very well deserved guernsey.

It'll be interesting to see who gets a guernsey for us. I'd argue our KPFs share the load too much, and our defence is a unit. Houston is the only other player I think might be in contention. Maybe Aliir because he's got the advantage of already having won one.
The only others that i could see making the squad that you havent named are
SPP
Finlayson
Wines if he continues his last 3 weeks for the rest of the year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back