Toast Connor Rozee All-Australian 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

I look forward to the “wHo tHe FcUk iS dAn hOuStOn?” melts from people who don’t watch enough of our games.

Not sure whats happened to Connor's goalkicking of late? Used to be one of our most reliable, but his goalkicking lately (particularly set shots) has been way off.
He's more fatigued playing mid field, so that causes his set shots to drop away, but I don't think he has lost much accuracy on snaps and when he is on the run.

Not sure whats happened to Connor's goalkicking of late? Used to be one of our most reliable, but his goalkicking lately (particularly set shots) has been way off.
1687402948695.png
I suspect you are taling about the types of shots he misses, but I was interested to see that overall this year is his second best goal kicking %.

I imagine playing more midfield he is more likley to be having shots further up the ground.

View attachment 1718794
I suspect you are taling about the types of shots he misses, but I was interested to see that overall this year is his second best goal kicking %.

I imagine playing more midfield he is more likley to be having shots further up the ground.
:tearsofjoy: I knew I would be shown up with stats showing i am talking out my arse. I think maybe he's just had a couple of gettable set shots recently that he has missed badly, which you dont normally associate with such a skilled player.

:tearsofjoy: I knew I would be shown up with stats showing i am talking out my arse. I think maybe he's just had a couple of gettable set shots recently that he has missed badly, which you dont normally associate with such a skilled player.

Looking at the Wheelo Ratings stats which include shots and shot accuracy including complete misses, he's at 41.7% the 2nd worst year in his career. But he is playing as more of a pure centre square mid which probably effects his ability to take high percentage shots at goal.

What talls are keeping Finlayson and AA out of the squad?

Well i said AA would be in the team, so noone.

Curnow, Cameron, Hawkins, Walker, Daniher, Larkey all ahead of Finlayson at the moment

Well i said AA would be in the team, so noone.

Curnow, Cameron, Hawkins, Walker, Daniher, Larkey all ahead of Finlayson at the moment
Be interesting, some of those have kicked bigger bags but I don’t think they have had bigger impacts throughout the year.

Don’t usually the top teams have like 5/6 players in the AA squad. If we have really only got Butters, Rozee and Houston atm, might be interesting who else might slip in…

If we don’t just shows how good we are playing as a team.

Don’t usually the top teams have like 5/6 players in the AA squad. If we have really only got Butters, Rozee and Houston atm, might be interesting who else might slip in…

We only had 2 players in 2004 despite being the minor premiers. Tredrea and Cornes. Probably some honorable mentions in that team but a little hard to know because they didn't have 40 man squads back then.

We had 4 in 2002. Primus, Francou, Wanganeen and Montgomery. I think that is the most we have had. "Primus to Francou" was the most uttered phrase in football commentary that year. :D

Butters and Rozee are locks. Aliir should make it. Whether we have one or two more players creep in there will be interesting.Houston would be a better than even chance.

I think everyone in the AFL would like to see Jeremy get a spot but there are just too many pure tall forwards ahead of him, and he probably doesn't have enough impact around the ground to get a guernsey. Unless he has an extraordinary finish to the season. I love the way SPP plays but he won't get a spot as a defensive forward either.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They tend to these days give out 7 or 8 to the top side or side that has been top 2 for a couple of years, ie get a bit of reward year after win a flag, but they have always been biased towards certain teams.

2002 Brisbane Aker, Voss, Black, Lappin, Leppitsch and Chris Johnson, we got 4 as per above
2004 Brisbane Aker, Black, Lappin, and Chris Johnson and we got Tredders and Chad Cornes, Sydney and StK got 3 each

2007 was start of AA 40 man squad
Geelong got all 9 from the AA squad into the final side and we got 3 - Kane, Chad and Lade
2008 Geelong only lost 1 game, 9 in the AA squad and only 5 got a gig this time

Since 2015 most in AA squad, minor premiers bolded
2015 Hawks 6, WCE, WB and Freo 5
2016 Adel 6, GWS and Syd 5
2017 Adel 8, GWS 4
2018 Rich 8, WCE, Coll and Gee 4
2019 WCE 7, Gee 6, Bris 5
2020 Port 5, Gee 5,
2021 Melb 7 - 5 made final team
2022 Bris 7, Melb 6 and Gee 5 - all 5 made final team

We've had a lot of players doing their role each week who are not at AA squad level but probably the rung or two below them - Wines, Marshall, Bergman, Finlayson, SPP. JHF has had elite impact but hasn't had the quantity to make it.

There are only 5 players who are having good enough years to make AA squad so far IMO, and that's Butters, Rozee, Houston ( should be in the 22), Aliir and Finlayson. Finlayson has the advantage of being able to ruck and if the selectors want a KPF who can ruck, not just in the forward line in the squad, then he is a chance to sneak in.

9 more games is enough time for 1 or 2 others to maybe sneak in.

There are only 5 players who are having good enough years to make AA squad so far IMO, and that's Butters, Rozee, Houston ( should be in the 22), Aliir and Finlayson. Finlayson has the advantage of being able to ruck and if the selectors want a KPF who can ruck, not just in the forward line in the squad, then he is a chance to sneak in.

9 more games is enough time for 1 or 2 others to maybe sneak in.
Maybe SPP for me - I think he is gonna ramp up the second half of the year…

Maybe SPP for me - I think he is gonna ramp up the second half of the year…

Would probably need to kick 25 goals in the remaining games to have a chance

I think Butters, Rozee, Houston, Aliir and maybe Finlayson will make it into the squad.
I would like to see Marshall and Bergman crack it in there.
Powell-Pepper with a possibility.

I don't think we will get too many forwards in as the judges usually go for goal kicking and our team shares the goal kicking around than depending on a couple of forwards. We are just more balanced in the forward line.

Butters and Rozee are our best chances.
Houston is a strong possibility but he has to deal with Nick Daicos and Jack Sinclair.
Aliir is next in line.
I don't think Finlayson will get in but you never know what happens with so many games left and he has a narrative.

If Marshall really starts to kick and create goals and elevate us, he could get in the squad.

I don't think Powell-Pepper kicks enough goals but here's hoping he gets in the squad.

Bergman as a half chance as the young come from nowhere, how did he make the squad, kinda guy.

Still plenty of water under the bridge to come with some strong recency bias.

Bergman as a half chance as the young come from nowhere, how did he make the squad, kinda guy.

Still plenty of water under the bridge to come with some strong recency bias.

Even if Miles closes out this year in brilliant form that helped take us deep into September. I can only see Bergman getting named if he announces he's leaving to go back to a club in Melbourne.

That's the kind of decision making that would get him the extra industry recognition he'd need to get into the side this year.

They tend to these days give out 7 or 8 to the top side or side that has been top 2 for a couple of years, ie get a bit of reward year after win a flag, but they have always been biased towards certain teams.

2002 Brisbane Aker, Voss, Black, Lappin, Leppitsch and Chris Johnson, we got 4 as per above
2004 Brisbane Aker, Black, Lappin, and Chris Johnson and we got Tredders and Chad Cornes, Sydney and StK got 3 each

2007 was start of AA 40 man squad
Geelong got all 9 from the AA squad into the final side and we got 3 - Kane, Chad and Lade
2008 Geelong only lost 1 game, 9 in the AA squad and only 5 got a gig this time

Since 2015 most in AA squad, minor premiers bolded
2015 Hawks 6, WCE, WB and Freo 5
2016 Adel 6, GWS and Syd 5
2017 Adel 8, GWS 4
2018 Rich 8, WCE, Coll and Gee 4
2019 WCE 7, Gee 6, Bris 5
2020 Port 5, Gee 5,
2021 Melb 7 - 5 made final team
2022 Bris 7, Melb 6 and Gee 5 - all 5 made final team

Peter Burgoyne not making it in 2007 is one of the more esoteric ‘WHAT’s to stack alongside Wilbur’s 2004 or Warren’s 2005.

If PBJ spent that year cruising around halfback with midfield bursts and the odd forward pocket turn for Essendon, he probably finishes top-5 in the Brownlow, let alone wears a green blazer.

He’s no Adam McPhee, Brent Reilly or Roger Hayden, tho.

RiT’s 2023 42 man All Australian squad up to round 14;
Adelaide; Dawson, Walker
Brisbane; Cameron, Andrews, Dunkley, Neale
Carlton; Curnow
Collingwood; J.Daicos, N.Daicos, Moore, Mitchell
Essendon; Merrett
Fremantle; Serong, Ryan
Geelong; Cameron, Stewart, Miers
Gold Coast; Anderson, Rowell
GWS; Greene, Coniglio, Green
Hawthorn; Sicily
Melbourne; Petracca, Oliver
North; Larkey
Port; Butters, Rozee, Houston, Finlayson, Aliir, SPP
Richmond; Taranto
St Kilda; Wilkie, Sinclair, Marshall
Sydney; Gulden
Western Bulldogs; Bontempelli, Liberatore, English
West Coast; Allen, Kelly

FB: Sicily, Wilkie, Houston
HB: Sinclair, Moore, Ryan
C : Dawson(C), Oliver, Gulden
HF: Bontempelli, Cameron, Taranto
FF: Petracca, Curnow, Greene
Fol: English, Liberatore, Butters
Int: Serong, Rozee, N.Daicos, Merrett

Even if Miles closes out this year in brilliant form that helped take us deep into September. I can only see Bergman getting named if he announces he's leaving to go back to a club in Melbourne.

That's the kind of decision making that would get him the extra industry recognition he'd need to get into the side this year.
You’re kidding yourself, if named his value skyrockets… no chance on improving his value for us!

I know all Australian is great for the players... But it's mainly getting recognition from the Vic media..

Walking off the ground and having your own fans clap you off and respecting you... Imo is so much better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back