Draft Profile Connor Rozee

Remove this Banner Ad

Kezza86

Club Legend
Sep 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Connor Rozee is the one to watch out for!! He may not be in experts top 10 due to his lack of exposure in the SANFL and that is due to North's reluctance to promote kids in the league team.

vs WA - 10 tackles, 16 disposals, 2 I50's, 1 R50 and 1 goal
vs Allies - 7 tackles, 11 disposals, 3 I50's and 1 goal
vs Vic Metro - 6 tackles, 9 disposals and 1 I50
vs Vic Country - 5 tackles, 19 disposals, 2 I50's and 3 goals

In 2016 Connor won the Kevin Sheehan Medal as the best player of the u/16 national championships.
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...m/news-story/8ee7c57394f6327303d005eb7705e96a

2018 highlights (courtesy giantroo):

Last edited by a moderator:

Featured in Tomorrow's Heroes on the AFL website;

Rozee's raw traits all shone through in his testing at the NAB AFL Draft Combine. He finished in the top 10 for the standing vertical jump and running vertical jump tests, agility test and was second overall in the 20m sprint (2.91 seconds).

Rozee probably hasn't proven himself as a midfielder in the past two years since starring there as an under-16s, so clubs may have a little question about whether he's better suited as a flanker than a ball-winner in the middle.

His versatility has in some ways been a slight disadvantage as he has been moved around the ground and been unable to find consistency in any one role.

Expected to go in the top 8.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-11-01/tomorrows-heroes-connor-rozee

ConnorRozeegraphic.jpg

- lightning hands
- super quick decision making
- hangs in the air to mark
- fast

Can he bring it to a midfield against the big bodies at AFL level? Does it even matter?

I'm taking him very early and backing in development coaches to round out his game. Far easier to do that than to teach some of the things Rozee does.

Am sure that GC would take him if available at 6.

Fits Dew's bill in terms of versatility, multiple position player.
If that's what Dew is looking for, wouldn't they go for Ben King then? Shown a ton of ability at both ends of the ground, and the Suns may want another tall (along with Lukosius)

If that's what Dew is looking for, wouldn't they go for Ben King then? Shown a ton of ability at both ends of the ground, and the Suns may want another tall (along with Lukosius)
Potentially.
Pretty sure in the full quote he talked about guys that can play forward flank, into the midfield, run off half back rather than key position versatility.
Sam Day has played both ends and Chris Burgess who we took as one of the priority mature agers apparently has abilities to play forward as well as defence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port have a ripper. I thought he was a little underrated last year especially after what he was producing in the SANFL. I think he’ll go on and be the best of his year :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back