Conor McKenna charged with biting

Remove this Banner Ad

McKenna was lucky not to give away the 50m penalty after conceding the free than holding him down after the incident - players have been pinged for holding up the play to a far lesser extent.

50m would have been harsh. Its not like he ran within 4m of him whilst not affecting him in any way whotsoever. I mean, not being able to get up and take your kick because some bloke is holding you down allowing all his mates to flood back hardly affects the play. Imagine if the breeze of the player running through made the ball slip out of his hands?

They never mentioned it was a LOVE bite - let the man play!

jIT8yR.gif
jIT8yR.mp4

From memory, Masten had Suban on top of him and grabbing his head. It looks a lot worse when the biter is the one on top in the scuffle. Absolutely bizarre case - he seemed more pissed off about a fair tackle than that Canadian weight lifter. Has McKenna always been that mental?

Didn't look like the spot on Dickson's neck lined up with where they came together but I guess it must have. Could that have happened if he just had his mouth open and scraped rather than bit down. Seemed too quick for a bite but looks like he got him with teeth regardless. Strange incident.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From memory, Masten had Suban on top of him and grabbing his head. It looks a lot worse when the biter is the one on top in the scuffle. Absolutely bizarre case - he seemed more pissed off about a fair tackle than that Canadian weight lifter. Has McKenna always been that mental?

He does come from a part of the world noted for producing first grade menatlists with a penchant for creative and effective violence.

Nah, McGregor is a Dub.

McKenna is from Dungannon. Given his name, the sport he plays, and his comments last year about being Irish, not Northern Irish, I reckon we would have been in this team had he been born forty years ago. They would have been his local unit.

So McKenna has plead guilty in the first few minutes of the hearing.

Is this the first time an Essendon player has plead guilty to anything?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back