Recommitted Conor McKenna [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't want him to go but if it nets us a good pick or similar level young player then I take & move on.

There was some talk on the Lions board that we had offered him nearly double what the Bombers were offering. I haven't seen a lot of him but he has a decent highlight reel, I'll be keeping a close eye on him in the final at the SCG v the Swans.

No way worth a pick 15-25 at this stage unless he kills it in a couple of finals, also OOC and we hold the first pick in the pre season draft.

If he is out of contract and wants out then Essendon don't really have much leverage. A top 20 pick is not going to happen.

Best case scenario for Essendon is pick 30-40, but more likely 40-45.

The money on offer is too good to pass up on and he has pretty much stated before he is only over here short term and has ambitions to head home and play. Really think we could lose him which would be a pity as we will get nothing for him

Has played some pretty good footy this season. I'd be very surprised if Essendon let him go - they wouldn't get much of value for him in return.

Given he is out of contract they might not have much say in it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has played some pretty good footy this season. I'd be very surprised if Essendon let him go - they wouldn't get much of value for him in return.
Yep, think if the money was similar he would rather stay but if the money is double its going to be hard

If Brisbane is keen then a Witherden swap would suffice.
cannot-handle-the-hysterical-laughter.gif

If he is out of contract and wants out then Essendon don't really have much leverage. A top 20 pick is not going to happen.

Best case scenario for Essendon is pick 30-40, but more likely 40-45.
If you've watched him before you'd know that hes worth a lot more than that. Fast, tough & a beautiful kick.
Pick in the 20's would be around the mark. Not many players are willing to walk to the preseason draft anymore.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back