Recommitted Conor McKenna [re-signed]

Sep 28, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Re-SIGNED!!!!

Essendon Football Club is pleased to announce Conor McKenna has re-signed with the Bombers for a further four years.

The new contract will see the defender ‘Don the Sash’ until at least 2021.

McKenna said the decision to continue his journey with the Bombers was based on the bright future and vision of the club.

“Essendon has made my transition into football an easy and enjoyable one,” McKenna said.

“We have a great group of players, and the strong bonds I’ve made with my teammates have helped me develop my game and drive me to want to achieve success.

“I’ve enjoyed every moment with the club and am happy I will continue to represent the club for another four years.

“I believe in our vision, we have an exciting future and over the next four years I hope we can achieve the success we are working towards.”

McKenna played 19 games for the Bombers in 2017, averaging 17 disposals, four marks and two tackles.

Senior Coach, John Worsfold, said McKenna’s speed and ball handling skills makes him an integral part of the Dons line-up.

“We are very pleased Conor has re-signed with the club,” Worsfold said.

“His efforts week in, week out, has made him a fundamental part of the squad.

"Conor is still learning our game and with continued hard work he will improve rapidly and become an outstanding rebounding defender.

“Conor is an incredible fit for what we are building at Essendon.”

McKenna was recruited by Essendon in 2014 as a Category B Rookie, from County Tyrone, Ireland.

After starting as a forward in 2015, the Irishman was moved into defence.

List & Recruiting Manager, Adrian Dodoro, said McKenna was a remarkable endorsement of the Club’s investment in recruiting from international markets.

“It is very pleasing to see such a talented athlete come out of our international markets,” Dodoro said.

“His ability to develop his game at a swift pace, makes his future on the football field very exciting.

“He’s a great young man, with his best football still ahead of him.”

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
nope, still heresay til we hear it from the trusted source on efc/irish relations. jackess ?

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2017-09-13/mckenna-signs-new-deal

McKenna signs new deal

20170913_CMcKenna_H.jpg

Conor McKenna averaged 17 disposals in his 19 games this season.

Essendon Football Club is pleased to announce Conor McKenna has re-signed with the Bombers for a further four years.

The new contract will see the defender ‘Don the Sash’ until at least 2021.

Done..

This made me laugh. I would have been devastated to lose him after the three years of development we put in and the year he just had.

I really wanted him. He's a gun.

Essendon's short, medium and long term future all look so good. Happy for you guys.

Capt Hindsight

Cancelled
Sep 22, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
I probably can't justify it but I feel you guys will dominate next year.
If Essendon don't get at least one quality inside mid this trade period they'll miss the eight next season with teams like Melbourne going past Essendon.

Back