News Conor McKenna tests positive for COVID-19 - Wait, what?

Remove this Banner Ad

giphy.gif

You wanna see crazy?

The ABC has been blasted over discussion if chess is racist

You and me paying for that rubbish is batshit crazy.

It's all inter-related. Open your eyes.

Meanwhile back at the ranch...

Second lockdown harder, more complicated than the first (paywalled)
Melbourne is dangerously close to a second hard lockdown as the virus spreads across more than 20 per cent of the city’s population.

Behind the scenes, the government is spooked by the challenges, modelling worst case scenarios that are ugly.

The double digit growth in infections is striking in complex communities, with ethnic groups attributing most of the new cases to the relaxation of the restrictions that have occurred in recent weeks.

Enjoy what's left of the season.

Yeah but there was nothing in it for danger on this occasion, so he decided to keep quite.

Agree but I'd take it further by saying he is only speaking up now as his income hasn't been effected. He would have a very different view if it meant he was losing money or going into a Hub because of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You wanna see crazy?

The ABC has been blasted over discussion if chess is racist

You and me paying for that rubbish is batshit crazy.

It's all inter-related. Open your eyes.

Meanwhile back at the ranch...

Second lockdown harder, more complicated than the first (paywalled)

"Melbourne is dangerously close to a second hard lockdown as the virus spreads across more than 20 per cent of the city’s population.

Behind the scenes, the government is spooked by the challenges, modelling worst case scenarios that are ugly.

The double digit growth in infections is striking in complex communities, with ethnic groups attributing most of the new cases to the relaxation of the restrictions that have occurred in recent weeks."

Enjoy what's left of the season.

So 800,000 of us Melbourne folk have Covid19?

I think you need some new sources Ronnie.

Not sure why this point was deleted by mods. It was relevant and pertinent, so I'll repeat it.

McKenna tested negative five times since returning from Ireland, returned an irregular result followed by a positive, then tested negative again.

Victoria's Chief Health Officer claims there is nothing unusual about the test results, and that "there are lots of people who test positive one day, they're at the very tail-end of their infection and then they test negative the following day".

It doesn't add up. At the very least, the CHO is reaching in order to maintain public confidence in testing.

If I was the AFL or Essendon, I'd be questioning the possibility of sabotage.

Not sure why this point was deleted by mods. It was relevant and pertinent, so I'll repeat it.

McKenna tested negative five times since returning from Ireland, returned an irregular result followed by a positive, then tested negative again.

Victoria's Chief Health Officer claims there is nothing unusual about the test results, and that "there are lots of people who test positive one day, they're at the very tail-end of their infection and then they test negative the following day".

It doesn't add up. At the very least, the CHO is reaching in order to maintain public confidence in testing.

If I was the AFL or Essendon, I'd be questioning the possibility of sabotage.
Technically the CHO is correct (positive to negative) but note cho did not say “lots of negative, 2 positive then negative “

Technically the CHO is correct (positive to negative) but note cho did not say “lots of negative, 2 positive then negative “

Average incubation period is 5-7 days, during which the patient is infectious. A mild case typically clears up 10 days after that.

I'd love to know the date of McKenna's previous negative test, if only to understand how something that appears highly unusual is actually not unusual according to the experts.

Edit: Turns out he tested negative last Tuesday.

Sport medicos question accuracy of COVID-19 testing after Conor McKenna returned negative result two days after positive test (paywalled)
Top sports medicos have cast serious doubt over the accuracy of COVID-19 testing.

Essendon star Conor McKenna's bewildering sequence of results has exposed the fallibilities of the testing, they declared, as the AFL conducts more than 2000 weekly tests in a bid to keep its season rolling.

Demons doctor Peter Brukner said the accuracy of testing was “significantly” less than 99.9 per cent — and between 90-99 per cent — with more irregularities to be expected.

McKenna’s results mysteriously went from negative, to a “low-level irregularity”, to positive and back to negative in six days.

Essendon is fully justified in questioning the positive result.

Last edited:
Average incubation period is 5-7 days, during which the patient is infectious. A mild case typically clears up 10 days after that.

I'd love to know the date of McKenna's previous negative test, if only to understand how something that appears highly unusual is actually not unusual according to the experts.

Edit: Turns out he tested negative last Tuesday.

Sport medicos question accuracy of COVID-19 testing after Conor McKenna returned negative result two days after positive test (paywalled)

Essendon is fully justified in questioning the positive result.
Makes you wonder doesn't it, if McKenna's test can be so topsy turvy, then how many positive tests worldwide are in the same boat ie: if they were under the same testing regime, neg neg pos neg in quickfire fashion.

So 800,000 of us Melbourne folk have Covid19?

I think you need some new sources Ronnie.

Suspect it refers to the percentage of people in "problem" councils.

Bringing the army in is a bit puzzling. Didn't happen when we had a hundred cases a day. Vic government seems panicky.

Are we getting the real figures?

Suspect it refers to the percentage of people in "problem" councils.

Bringing the army in is a bit puzzling. Didn't happen when we had a hundred cases a day. Vic government seems panicky.

Are we getting the real figures?

I'd say we're getting the real figures but the Vic government is obviously concerned about the recent spike that appears to have been brought on because people cannot be trusted to do the right thing.

The Army is involved as I understand it, to lend assistance with hotel-quarantine, to take a little bit of pressure off the police. It's not martial law. It's not a conspiracy either.

Last edited:
I'd say we're getting the real figures but the Vic government is obviously concerned about the recent spike that appears to have been brought on because people cannot be trusted to do the right thing.

The Army is involved as I understand it, to lend assistance regarding the spot checking of people who should be in self-quarantine, to take a little bit of pressure off the police. It's not martial law. It's not a conspiracy either.

Just asking the question. Door-knockers, threats to lock down suburbs. Seems to be a special effort.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back