News Conor McKenna tests positive for COVID-19 - Wait, what?

Remove this Banner Ad

Dr Sutton has stated numerous times that only the close contact players would be subjected to the 14 day period and that the rest of the team are fine to play. Xavier Campbell has also mentioned that DHHS are reviewing the training footage and that even some of his immediate training group could be excluded. Obviously won’t know more until Tuesday

Thats poor form from the Doctor.

Statistics would suggest that is unacceptable

Wasn't it only a month ago that you were saying that the AFL self-isolation rules didn't matter & the AFL was over-reacting after the Crows were caught training at a golf course while self-isolating?
No.

Not sure why you are comparing a scenario where no player had COVID & they were in self isolation with games weeks away.

Quote me again on Tuesday if the Carlton game goes ahead as just can't see it happening if health protocols are followed.
The game may not go ahead but it won’t be because the whole team is suspended. Dr Sutton has repeatedly said the others are fine or are you calling him out. I’m not having a go at you just genuinely interested as I was of the belief the whole team would have to self isolate also

Well I work in health too & would be very surprised once the facts of the case are reviewed that Essendon will be able to field a side for 14 days.
That’s why I’m asking. Has Sutton stuffed up?
Maybe that’s why Victoria are in the mess they are in 😂

The game may not go ahead but it won’t be because the whole team is suspended. Dr Sutton has repeatedly said the others are fine or are you calling him out. I’m not having a go at you just genuinely interested as I was of the belief the whole team would have to self isolate also
I never said the whole team would be suspended! I have said the team will need to be isolated for 14 days.

McKenna likely to be suspended though.

No.

Not sure why you are comparing a scenario where no player had COVID & they were in self isolation with games weeks away.

Your stance on players following self isolation rules has changed now it doesn’t involve players from your club making the mistake.

I just find it an interesting observation that one of the biggest defenders of “they did nothing wrong” back in May now wants to crucify an entire club in June.

As a crazy solution, I wonder if they should consider a ‘pairing’ solution like parliament:

ie: Carlton also sit 8 players with some system to determine who it is

For Carlton you would probably end up with say, Docherty, Weitering, Jones, Silvagni, Williamson, Stocker, Murphy and McGovern as the closest equivalent pairs.

If that is what is takes to keep things going and as fair as possible then so be it.

Weirdly, I think the paired situation still favours Carlton, even though at full strength Wssendon are probably 6 goals better

Gils a stickler for fair.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your stance on players following self isolation rules has changed now it doesn’t involve players from your club making the mistake.

I just find it an interesting observation that one of the biggest defenders of “they did nothing wrong” back in May now wants to crucify an entire club in June.
Go & find an accurate quote rather than making shyte up... again.

My gut feel is there will be more than just the 8 that trained with Connor that will need to isolate when the DHHS look at all the training footage to point where Essendon won't have enough players to field a team.
Russian soccer league had a game where one club had 42 players unavailable due to covid.

They lost. By a lot.

On moto g(6) plus using BigFooty.com mobile app

Russian soccer league had a game where one club had 42 players unavailable due to covid.

They lost. By a lot.

On moto g(6) plus using BigFooty.com mobile app
Well yeah, I’d imagine that would go about as well as fielding an under 16s side. (If my knowledge about soccer is correct that’s probably exactly what happened as well...)

So McKenna attended an open inspection which is a clear Breach of the AFLs guidelines, has contracted the virus and trained during Fridays main session and exposed the entire group.

Will the AFL follow through with their year long suspensions threat ? Maybe the rest of the players will start to take these rules seriously.
If true I hope so. Or I hope essendon sack him. What a complete moron!

Melbourne shouldn't be gifted the 4 points without a game being played. Probably explains why it's been "postponed" rather than forfeited.
why not? If there was any other reason why a club failed to play a scheduled match it would be instant forfeit. Why should melb be punished for McKeanna's mistake?

So angry right now AFL forcing us to play with half a team
That is the fault of one of your players, no sympathy

Melbourne are going to have to play 3 games within 7-8 days at some stage no due to your players selfishness

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back