News Conor McKenna tests positive for COVID-19 - Wait, what?

Remove this Banner Ad

2016 - No evidence presented but Essendon cop a massive whack. Opposition fans rejoice. Essendon fans shattered.

2020 - Evidence (Saad photo) presented but Essendon get off. Essendon fans rejoice. Opposition fans shattered.

This feels good.
That's some interesting recollection of history there.

Is this based on the picture of him hugging Saad?

It was outdoors, brief, without directly transfer of bodily fluids, or McKenna coughing / sneezing. In addition to Saad providing a negative test result yesterday.

I'd assume DHHS are working on the basis that any exposure was too brief and low level for Saad to contract anything.

Isn't this completely against all the health advice and restrictions so far? I'm not hugging the lady in front of me at the post office line, I'm not coughing, I'm not sneezing and you guessed it, I'm not directly transferring bodily fluids either... but we still line up 1.5m apart and stay facing in the same direction in order to minimise the risk and take sufficient precautions.

They did

"But because there are currently no treatments for COVID-19, the authors suggest SARS vaccines could be a temporary solution. A SARS vaccine was developed in response to the 2002 outbreak, but was never sold since public health measures got the disease under control before it was ready. "

So, no.....

2016 - No evidence presented but Essendon cop a massive whack. Opposition fans rejoice. Essendon fans shattered.

2020 - Evidence (Saad photo) presented but Essendon get off. Essendon fans rejoice. Opposition fans shattered.

This feels good.
On behalf of everyone else,

we're still ahead.

Isn't this completely against all the health advice and restrictions so far? I'm not hugging the lady in front of me at the post office line, I'm not coughing, I'm not sneezing and you guessed it, I'm not directly transferring bodily fluids either... but we still line up 1.5m apart and stay facing in the same direction in order to minimise the risk and take sufficient precautions.

Forget health advice, its completely against all logic, common sense and your own damn laws too

'not defined as close contacts'

The depths of utter stupidity of this DHHS/AFL decision..I'm speechless, but as others have said, nothing should surprise from the AFL, they manufacture their own reality via complicit media.

I'm sure noone else will have the virus, but the whole EFC team must quarantine for 14 days regardless. And no way Carlton should agree to play. has to be postponed, no other workplace would be acting like this, even ones that work in office cubicles without full contact of sweaty bodies.

As Gil sad, there is plenty of time to finish the season, why even walk the line here?

You do know the NSW government tried to ban the protest in Sydney and their high court overturned it? Not sure what you expect would have happened had the Victorian Government tried the same. And how do you know the DHHS had any say in whether the protest went ahead or not anyway?

Just say it's *en illegal, I forbid it and police armed with assault rifles will be there to arrest anyone threatening public health by attempting to assemble.

He's real big on the danger talk today. Too *en late!

so many freaking complainers on this thread. Just thank god the AFL have taken a common sense approach to this and not closed down the whole competition. Yet for most of you on here, thats a terrible decision. BF never ceases to amaze me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

'not defined as close contacts'

The depths of utter stupidity of this DHHS/AFL decision..I'm speechless, but as others have said, nothing should surprise from the AFL, they manufacture their own reality via complicit media.

It's farcical considering the recommendations and restrictions everyone else has.

so many freaking complainers on this thread. Just thank god the AFL have taken a common sense approach to this and not closed down the whole competition. Yet for most of you on here, thats a terrible decision. BF never ceases to amaze me.

Breaking and bending the rules to suit your agenda should never be viewed as the common sense approach.

The common sense approach would be to isolate the training group McKenna is a part of for 14 days. Like every other workplace has been subjected to. It's a horrible decision and will just lead to everyone else in the state doing what the hell they like ongoing.

Just say it's fu**en illegal, I forbid it and police armed with assault rifles will be there to arrest anyone threatening public health by attempting to assemble.

He's real big on the danger talk today. Too fu**en late!

High Court: It’s legal

Ron: Just say it’s *en illegal

How easy!

Yeah mate....Footy at all costs.

She'll be right.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back