Analysis Consolidate or Attack?

Remove this Banner Ad

2017 we had Nank,
Prestia and Caddy come in that expanded possabilities and changed up our game but probably more importntly took the oppo coaches time to adjust from the previous year.
Then we changed it up again in Aug to go the small forward team pressure get it forward stuff with Grigg as the extra mid in the ruck. We kept the oppo off balance and they didn’t have time to establish a strategy to beat it.
2018 they did, enventually and it showed at the end of the season.

I reckon the first quarter against Carlton was different there was higher numbers for Cotch and Graham as mids the Lynch FF move as examples

We’ve obviously changed our forward structure with the addition of Lynch so they would’ve been trying different stuff midfield and coming forward.
So...
Now that we’ve lost Rance and lost Jack
as our on field leaders, without Runners on the ground and we know the back end of our season is a good run home and how unpredictability is an advantage.
If you had a different gameplan to play that you thought (everything being equal)gives us more potential, without two of the three line generals and without your best forward and with a bit of uncertainty in the back half.
If you had that gameplan to play now,
would ya?

Thread was a little lonely so thought I would drop in... :p

My game plan would always be go long and quick - but it has to be quick to minimise opportunity for oppo intercepts.
We are not a high possession team and to be honest I hate the style that Pies beat us with last week.

Reckon Jack missing for 4 weeks will delay us seeing the Dimma plan for 2019 but in the meantime, quick ball movement and pressure will need to be the mantra - and recognising when we should go man-on-man for a while rather than zone when we are being given the run around (did not happen last week IMO)

With Caddy back and Lynch settling in over the next month or so, even without Jack I reckon we can start to see the results this season.

yeah, maybe I could’ve dropped this in another thread.
Pies made us look out dated with no run pretty much the same lack of marking as against the crows rnd 2 last year.
That and your idea are reasons to get games into Balta, but however they play it I reckon as long as we win 8-9 games by rnd 16 we’ll come flying into the finals with the sh.ts up cause everyone wrote us off.

Bigger midfield and second ruck will help a lot. We just need to alter the way our small forwards and mids defend kick ins. Set up in better spots

Remove this Banner Ad

Back