Contenders and Pretenders 2019 ( edited - Page 32 current discussion ) Are Richmond now the team to beat?

Are Richmond the new Premiership Favourites?

• Yes. The Dominant team and rule at Fortress G - Too good!

Votes: 128 34.6%
  • No. Geelong will roll on once more

Votes: 17 4.6%
  • West Coast to go Back to Back

Votes: 105 28.4%
  • Collingwood will regroup and Redeem themselves

Votes: 38 10.3%
  • GWS will break through for their first flag

Votes: 6 1.6%
  • Brisbane will break the hearts of many

Votes: 59 15.9%
  • Essendon will emerge

Votes: 17 4.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't see any other team apart from Richmond winning the flag.

I agree, but I couldn’t see anyone but Adelaide winning the flag last year for most of the year to about halfway through the second quarter of the GF. Then Richmond smoked them.

I’m less hot on Sydney than others, although they’re clear second favourite at the moment. Port are frustratingly inconsistent within games but their best is really good so they’re a sneaky fancy for me. If GWS get their s**t together they could make a run but that’s about it from my perspective.

I think a Richmond Collingwood grand final is a good chance, would prefer to see a Richmond vs hawks (back to their best) grand final though, maybe next year. Prefer grand finals with two teams from Melbourne, no home ground advantage, no offence to the interstate guys

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Eagles losing a few with their entire forward line out doesn't make them pretenders
And our fullback.
3/4 of our spine out - in a team without a dominant midfield that wins games off the dominance of that spine.

African american please.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong don't pretenders mate. We're as good a shot as anyone
Spike_Portfolio_Print16-380x287.jpg

Tigers ahead of the rest however just below us I have the swans and eagles. Pies aren’t quite there yet and neither are port and the dees. The advantage we obviously have over the 2 other main contenders in swans and eagles is the mcg, id fancy our chances against them at the g.

We’re a couple of injuries away from the dam wall breaking, and with our run coming up it’s not a good time for it.

Think in terms of fit players that we can bring in, Rupert Wills and Sam Murray are pretty much it for AFL quality players.

I'm still not fully sure if we're contenders this year. Our reliance on Darling and Kennedy is troubling, we've got quite a few areas to improve on. Today was disappointing, especially after being 27 points up before 3 quarter time, but at least we were more competitive and accurate. If we can have return to form we'll be right in it. At least as much a contender as Port and Collingwood.

Back