Contenders for a break out year in 2020?

Remove this Banner Ad

I could definitely see both making the push, but with so many people fighting for top 22 spots it's hard to see more than 1 making the jump. Cox for mine

I reckon Hippy will solidify himself as an elite forward this year.

Top 20 goal kicker in the league last year. Just wish he'd be more consistent.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that McCluggage could top 20 votes in the Brownlow next year.

Bundy - he’s going to charge forward to another contract by playing his best ever footy. Another Mitch-type of year.

Having something to prove is a real motivator and he could easily have another 2/3 years of good footy ahead of him.

It's that tight who knows how much opportunity guys will get, expectations are certainly high on Witherden, Rayner and Mcstay, I'm hoping they keep developing and making their spots their own.

Also think Bailey, Adams and Ah Chee will be bigger influences

Bundy - he’s going to charge forward to another contract by playing his best ever footy. Another Mitch-type of year.

Having something to prove is a real motivator and he could easily have another 2/3 years of good footy ahead of him.
I feel as though others may be given a go early in the season over Bundy?
And he will really need to play well to win back a spot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adams and McCarthy will step up after a full preseason
CEY will have a big year
Birchall and Ah Chee will play a big part.

Young kids coming on.. E Smith will play 10 games as well as Tom Berry 5-6 games.
Rayner will have a break out year.
Hipwood will come top ten in Coleman. Cameron 7th as we spread the goals around more

I feel Corey Lyons is about to announce himself as arrived...........hopefully at the Lions but could be elsewhere.

I deeply believe that within 12 months we'll all celebrating the magic of Cox.

If he can translate his NEAFL form into AFL form which imo the final game of the year suggested he could, he could well and truly be best 22 next year.

Crazy to look at the list and see the sheer quality of players we've got. No longer a best 22 but well and truly a best 30.

I agree with a few in here regarding Jarrod Berry and Cam Rayner. I think they could both take that next step that Clugga went to this season. Not necessarily to the same level as Clug who is a star, but in their own way I can see them both improving their output and producing some of their better footy on a more consistent basis.

McStay nails shot after shot. Rayner keeps getting 30 disposals per game. Witherden (new nick name of EAT MY DUST) runs away from everyone. Stef keeps nailing 65 yard torps. McCarthy plays every game (oops he has already done that).Mc Cluggage actually gets tackled. Jarrod Lyons wins the Brownlow Mich is accused of taking a short step (he was going to run over a Brissie player ) Everyone is raving about Rich's third right foot 65 yard goaland heaps of complaints that even though Charlie leads the Coleman by 35 he ets nearly all his goals from handballs over the top

Remove this Banner Ad

Back