RICHMOND 2023 AFLW BEST AND FAIREST LEADERBOARD
1st Monique Conti (23 votes)
2nd Eilish Sheerin (21)
3rd Kate Dempsey (20)
4th Katie Brennan (18)
5th Grace Egan (16)
6th Gabby Seymour (13)
7th Bethany Lynch (12)
Eq 8th Caitlin Greiser, Laura McClelland (10)
Eq 10th Emelia Yassir, Katelyn Cox, Libby Graham, Bec Miller (9)
Best first-year player: Charli Wicksteed
Leading goalkicker: Katie Brennan (14)

RICHMOND 2023 AFLW BEST AND FAIREST LEADERBOARD
1st Monique Conti (23 votes)
2nd Eilish Sheerin (21)
3rd Kate Dempsey (20)
4th Katie Brennan (18)
5th Grace Egan (16)
6th Gabby Seymour (13)
7th Bethany Lynch (12)
Eq 8th Caitlin Greiser, Laura McClelland (10)
Eq 10th Emelia Yassir, Katelyn Cox, Libby Graham, Bec Miller (9)
Best first-year player: Charli Wicksteed
Leading goalkicker: Katie Brennan (14)
Nice hunting and gathering Stanley!

Nice hunting and gathering Stanley!
was a dead-set certainty :) but well earned again from the star that is MonCon

interesting fact:
Mon Conti has the same number of B&F (five) as Jack Dyer and Kevin Bartlett
the most at RFC, men's and women's
the difference is Dyer and Bartlett did it over their entire careers (Dyer 300 games, Bartlett 400 games)
Mon Conti has done it in her first 5 years (45 games)
and still only 23 years old

interesting fact:
the difference is Dyer and Bartlett did it over their entire careers (Dyer 300 games, Bartlett 400 games)
Extraordinary how good she is relative to her teammates, our next most talented would be Ellie Mac or KB , it would be a stretch to say there were half as good . As a matter of urgency we need to add qty support to conti or waste this generational talent

interesting fact:
The astonishing thing with her is how wasteful she can be still. That's true for a lot of our Club though, no way she's among the worst. But still, as she gets better, it is going to be amazing how good she will become!

She is definitely that generational talent that Bo has mentioned a few time. Getting Ellie McKenzie beside her was going to something to see so early in the competition, and still may well be, but I agree, if McKenzie continues to be hampered, we need a strong second fiddle in there to make the most of what Conti is going to deliver.

The astonishing thing with her is how wasteful she can be still. That's true for a lot of our Club though, no way she's among the worst. But still, as she gets better, it is going to be amazing how good she will become!

She is definitely that generational talent that Bo has mentioned a few time. Getting Ellie McKenzie beside her was going to something to see so early in the competition, and still may well be, but I agree, if McKenzie continues to be hampered, we need a strong second fiddle in there to make the most of what Conti is going to deliver.

Ace i'd have to say, for myself she's up there with our very best players ever.
up there with Dyer, Bartlett, Hart, Dusty etc.

i know it's crazy, but she is a player that i love to watch, she's just so naturally gifted, it's insane.

Ace i'd have to say, for myself she's up there with our very best players ever.
up there with Dyer, Bartlett, Hart, Dusty etc.

i know it's crazy, but she is a player that i love to watch, she's just so naturally gifted, it's insane.
Amid this cohort of players she is every bit elite as the players you mentioned in their own respective cohorts. The only (and big) difference is when you start comparing the cohorts.

She is just warming up though! Get another elite player around her consistently and the sky is still the limit.

Amid this cohort of players she is every bit elite as the players you mentioned in their own respective cohorts. The only (and big) difference is when you start comparing the cohorts.

She is just warming up though! Get another elite player around her consistently and the sky is still the limit.

you're a legend Phar Ace😍

get Sheerin and Egan around her and tagging her won't be as easy.
a fit Ellie Mac would help as well with the rotations.

if we can keep Sheerin in that midfield, without losing too much down back, i reckon Mon could go another level.
it's subtle, but Egan doing blocks and shepherds for Mon is underrated i feel.
let Sheerin and Egan do the grunt work, feed it out to Mon and away we go.

that last game v Pies has to be the blueprint of the game plan going fwd.
1st time ever our starting mids had all 22+ disposals (Mon 34, Egan 25, Sheerin 24)
between the 3 they had 31 clearances out of our total 36.

Mon had 34 disposals, 11 clearances, 8 tackles.
that could be her new norm.

you're a legend Phar Ace😍

get Sheerin and Egan around her and tagging her won't be as easy.
a fit Ellie Mac would help as well with the rotations.

if we can keep Sheerin in that midfield, without losing too much down back, i reckon Mon could go another level.
it's subtle, but Egan doing blocks and shepherds for Mon is underrated i feel.
let Sheerin and Egan do the grunt work, feed it out to Mon and away we go.

that last game v Pies has to be the blueprint of the game plan going fwd.
1st time ever our starting mids had all 22+ disposals (Mon 34, Egan 25, Sheerin 24)
between the 3 they had 31 clearances out of our total 36.

Mon had 34 disposals, 11 clearances, 8 tackles.
that could be her new norm.
We're all just people with a POV based on different experiences and a love of the Tigers. You show immense commitment, along a with some other rippers on here.

Agree with Egan. Not the most accomplished player, but she plays a role. That last game showed what she is capable of as the 3rd or 4th mid, yet she played up to a 2nd or 3rd role. Conti is so dominant at times, it must be hard to adjust your game around her a bit.

We are all referencing that last game, especially the players, both in the media and among themselves. Will be interesting it if becomes a high water mark or we can actually us it as a standard on which to build something even better. Sometimes those things can become a bit of a holy grail if referenced too much. Ferg is not silly though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back