Arts & Humanities Continue the story game

Remove this Banner Ad

May 8, 2022
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Eagles NFL, 76ers, Blue Jays
I havent written anything since school so I no doubtedly suck, but hopefully I can learn a bit about writing here. If taken seriously. I hope.

The Darkest hour

A dust storm envelops the city of Melborne, in 2077 reduced to rubble. times were dark, and humanity was holding on to it's one last hope for survival.The resistance lead by Vincent Davies had been fighting for 50 years to rid the Earth of the machines that were built to make our lives efficient. The resistance were also fighting the 'hybrids', neither human, nor machines. The humans despised them, the machines destroyed them, and enslaved the humans. Vincent 6 foot 3, a solid man with a chiseled face, and a deep scar on his right arm stood before the ruins of the Melbourne Cricket Ground reminiscing of a time before this madness.

2027...He remembered being at the ground as a young boy, cheering alongside thousands of other fans as the West Coast Eagles won their 3rd consecutive grand final.
Little did anyone know at the time this would be the last time they would stand on these hallowed grounds - 2 days later the machines rose up and took control.. and we slept walked right into it like the stupid, distracted idiots we were! He spat contemptuously to the ground at the thought.
Suddenly a loud wail shook him from his melancholy, followed by cicada like clicking echoing from the ruins.
'Hunter-Killers' Vincent thought as he quickly took cover behind a burnt out Honda Odyssey. The sound was a tell-tale, being their spatial calibration for standard urban hunting patterns. He checked the magazine of his pulse rifle 'I'm going have to fight these bastards bluetooth and claw'....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back