Analysis Continuing the Bloodline - Father Son/Daughter options

Remove this Banner Ad

Part of me hopes we pick him with a top 20 pick and have another O'Loughlin at the Swans.

Another part of me knows that will basically force a similar concession for our Academy.
Im hoping he chooses the Swans as a Father Son option.. stranger things have happened

Last edited:

Mini Amon Buchanan, mini Craig Bolton, mini Heath Grundy & mini Ted Richards x2!

Lol. Mini Craig Bolton really looks like his dad, old and wise before his time.

Craig is a dead set legend in my book, both on and off the field. I remember when he was playing he did a heap of work with homeless folk , inc sleeping rough himself. He developed a light, waterproof swag that went into production.

Beau Richards son of Ted Richards born 2016?
Ted Richards

Beau looks tall for a six year old!
I was guessing
20160805_trichardsfamily_hero.jpg

Ted Richards with wife Ella and son Beau at the SCG after announcing his retirement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JPK mentioned in his retirement announcement that Isabella was more like him.
jpk family.jpg
Retiring Swans great Josh Kennedy at the SCG on Tuesday with wife Ana, daughter Isabella and son Emilio. CREDIT:pHIL HILLYARD

View attachment 1471741
Retiring Swans great Josh Kennedy at the SCG on Tuesday with wife Ana, daughter Isabella and son Emilio. CREDIT:pHIL HILLYARD

Looking forward to Isabella and Emilio running around for us in a few years time.

View attachment 1471741

That’s a beautiful family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We'll our AFLW team seems to have a production line going. Am I the only one thinking it's be nice to have a higher male to female ratio at the swans?
This comment 20 years ago I'd probably agree with. Because right now and probably for the next handful of years, our AFL team will have a far, far greater chance of success than our inaugural AFLW team.

However anyone being born now won't be relevant for another 18 years at the very least anyway. By then, both our AFL and AFLW sides should be able to contend for flags, and so we should be wanting both of those teams to have the very best chance at succeeding when that time arrives.

I'd obviously like more sons being born, because it's an advantage that we haven't been able to enjoy quite as much relative to the rest of the competition, but our former players having sons doesn't mean they can't also have daughters.

We'll our AFLW team seems to have a production line going. Am I the only one thinking it's be nice to have a higher male to female ratio at the swans?

What the actual *.

Alfie Jack.

With a name like that we've found our future enforcer.
Bring back the biff.

Fair while since we had an Alf play for us. bedford correct me please but I think our last one was Alf Beus. He ended in the VFA and was a very hard man.

I like how some old fashioned names like Alf are getting a run these days.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back