List Mgmt. Contract, Trade & Draftee Discussion - 2022 Off Season Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Contract status of all players now fully updated

Last edited:
Soooooo many pages. Apart from replying to Obeanie1 I haven't read a thing. Are you actually getting 8, 12 & Ports F1?

I mean, it's ok, but still feels unders.
Also a Port fan ventured in here but neither apologised for the intrusion nor came in peace.

Pretty much the highlight of today’s affair.

Eagles give: Pick 2, Rioli, pick 26
Eagles gain: Pick 8, Pick 12, Future 1st (Port)

North give: JHF, pick 1, future 2nd
North gain: pick 2, pick 3, pick 15, pick 26

GWS give: pick 3, pick 12, pick 15
GWS gain: pick 1, pick 33, future 2nd (NM)

Port give: pick 8, pick 33, future first
Port gain: JHF, Rioli

Something like that?

It feels like we are desperate to split pick 2 and will take perceived unders to get it done. I really hope we hold firm here an extract every last bit out of this trade if we are going to split the lowest pick we've had in 14 years.

Last edited:
Hold out for a future first or a player to us on top of 8 + 12 otherwise we can do these pick swaps on draft night and likely get better deals.

If North take Sheezel, we can do the trade for pick 3 with GWS on the night then on trade that to whoever coughs up the most after that.

8 + 12 is piss poor when you think of the potential scrambling we could benefit from on the actual night.

The only reason this would make any sense for us to entertain now is if we are getting a player our way like Robertson, or are a chance of pulling Jackson

GWS getting 1 for 3 and 12 is slight unders

Port getting JHF and Rioli for 8,33 and their future 1st is significant unders. Adding 43 to that makes only a slight difference

Given both North and us are under no compulsion whatsoever to move on 1 and 2 respectively, GWS and Port should both be paying overs

Also, we are the key to this trade.

North don’t trade 1 to GWS unless they have pick 2
Port don’t get JHF without 2

We need to be getting overs even if it means we walk away and ultimately lose Rioli for nothing in the PSD because Port won’t pay a fair price

Confirmed to me, Eagles want Ginbey. North leaning towards Sheezel.

What is this facination with Ginbey?

Someone explain it to me because he could just as easily become a bloody defender as a midfielder. If we were that keen to split i'd much prefer Mackenzie ahead of Ginbey every bloody day of the week.

Please someone in the know sell it to me.

That was an experience catching up on the last eight pages. Everyone losing their minds thinking we'd consider trading 2 for 8 and 12. The initial tweet was clearly talking about the highlights.

We're not going to get fair value for Rioli and it makes little sense for GWS or Essendon to trade up unless they REALLY want a certain player. Hawthorn and St Kilda probably aren't in a position to be giving up multiple firsts for pick 2 either. If we're being offered 8, 12 and a future first for 2, 26 and Rioli, take it and run.

That was an experience catching up on the last eight pages. Everyone losing their minds thinking we'd consider trading 2 for 8 and 12. The initial tweet was clearly talking about the highlights.

We're not going to get fair value for Rioli and it makes little sense for GWS or Essendon to trade up unless they REALLY want a certain player. Hawthorn and St Kilda probably aren't in a position to be giving up multiple firsts for pick 2 either. If we're being offered 8, 12 and a future first for 2, 26 and Rioli, take it and run.

Wednesday can't come quick enough, tbh

Someone explain it to me because he could just as easily become a bloody defender as a midfielder. If we were that keen to split i'd much prefer Mackenzie ahead of Ginbey every bloody day of the week.

100000000% agree, there are 5-6 better prospects than Ginbey that’ll likely be there around the 8 mark.

Pretty sure majority of the board is fine with the deal if we’re betting Port’s future 1st but I imagine that’s definitely going to North.

I've never watched him but he was named on ball in the under 18 AA team and WAs MVP. Not sure if that means much though.

This is too stressful, can we just go back to being successful and having s**t picks again please?

Stressed Episode 19 GIF by The Simpsons

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sure majority of the board is fine with the deal if we’re betting Port’s future 1st but I imagine that’s definitely going to North.
Would be ok if we do that deal if we're getting a future 1st and 26 is not involved.
Still think we should just sit it out and wait for draft day at this point

Great kid perfect for WC apparently.

Giving away pick 2 & Rioli to Port for 8 is like giving away your misses to your local meth dealer and giving him a blowjob for the privilege.

It'd be fine if you didn't want to keep your missus

Would it? You'd give your local meth dealer a BJ to take your missus if you didn't want to be with her anymore? 😬

BOND 007 WTF are we doing? Why are we apparently focusing on WA talent over best available despite an excellent retention record?
Yeah Trade radio said similar which I agreed with. Always go with the best available player/position you want and if 2 players are pretty equal, then you grab the local product.

I feel like we’re going to look back in a few years time and be very disappointed we didn’t just take Cadman or Wardlaw at 2

I just hope if we do deal 2, it is for something a lot better than 8 and 12, especially considering Rioli is attached to 2.
It’s supposedly 2 and Rioli

For

8, 12 and 18 or future r1 with something a bit later as well

I’ll happily take that

Last edited:
GWS getting 1 for 3 and 12 is slight unders

Port getting JHF and Rioli for 8,33 and their future 1st is significant unders. Adding 43 to that makes only a slight difference

Given both North and us are under no compulsion whatsoever to move on 1 and 2 respectively, GWS and Port should both be paying overs

Also, we are the key to this trade.

North don’t trade 1 to GWS unless they have pick 2
Port don’t get JHF without 2

We need to be getting overs even if it means we walk away and ultimately lose Rioli for nothing in the PSD because Port won’t pay a fair price
GWS to swap 15 for our 26

If the AFL approve it Port to add in their future 2nd

We get 8,12,15 and Ports F2 for 2,26 and Rioli

North get the rest - 2,3,33 and Ports F1 for 1 and JHF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back