List Mgmt. Contract Negotations & Lachie Neale - It's Official! 3 year deal!

Remove this Banner Ad

I think if we have a full assortment of mids to choose from we'll have the luxury of playing him in defence.
I hate Mundy in defence. He doesn't cover the ground fast enough to play the intercept role. I wold rather Crozier be trained to take over that role.

Mundy's value is distributing the ball from defense, not intercept marking.

We don't have a problem stopping opposition thrusts, we have a problem turning that into scoring for us. They too often end up rebounding back into our defense because our delivery forward is so poor.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-06-27/contract-talk-was-garbage-says-docker-lachie-neale

FREMANTLE midfielder Lachie Neale says there was "a bit of garbage" written about his contract situation this year and his loyalty to the Dockers and belief in the club's future were the major reasons he decided to stay.

Neale, 23, signed a three-year contract extension to remain at the club until the end of 2019.

The South Australian said the speculation surrounding his contract negotiations this year had amused him given he had followed a plan he had set out late last year.

"It was surprising to me," Neale said on Monday.

"I always had this plan from basically September last year so I knew in my mind some of the stuff that was being written and what not was a bit of garbage."

Neale said he was aware of offers made from other clubs to his management but he only ever wanted to deal with Fremantle.

"(I was aware of) bits and pieces but to be honest we didn't go into too much detail," Neale said.

"It was up to me whether I delved into that much and I didn't. I wanted to deal with Fremantle and that's the way it stayed."

Fremantle recruited Neale from Glenelg with pick No.58 in the 2011 NAB AFL draft. He is still very close to his family in South Australia and did discuss his future with them.

But ultimately his belief in the Dockers' future and a sense of loyalty to the club that gave him a chance were the determining factors in why he chose to stay.

"Obviously with my family being interstate I sat down with them and had a couple of really good discussions with them and obviously the future of the club as well," Neale said.

"I'm here to win games of footy and I see that happening in the future. That's another big reason.

"And also a bit of loyalty. This club gave me the chance five years ago now and I was a pretty late draft pick. So they took a chance on me and to repay them as well was another factor."

http://www.watoday.com.au/afl/frema...-dotted-line-for-dockers-20160627-gpslwx.html

Dockers' young-gun Lachie Neale joked the first he knew about his three-year deal with Fremantle was when he woke up on Saturday morning after his phone was going nuts.

There had been speculation for months the 23-year-old was looking at heading back to his native South Australia.

But on Saturday morning many media outlets were reporting the on-baller, who has been the Dockers' standout player during a disastrous year, had signed with the club until 2019.

"I haven't actually signed the contract," Neale told Radio 6IX on Monday morning.

"I woke up on Saturday and there was a bit going on with my phone and whatnot."

"I only just found out my management and the club had come to an agreement but the process is taking a little while for me to sign it. But it's all agreed to and whatnot.

"Yeah, a good result for myself and a good result for the club."

The dual Ross Glendinning Medal winner said he spoke to his manager Tim Lawrence before the Dockers' game against the Pies on Friday night, who told him negotiations were going well.

"I spoke to my manager Friday afternoon and he said it was looking really good and he said 'I'll speak to you tomorrow' and that was that," he said.

Neale said he was always going to stay at Fremantle.

"For me it was a bit of a process... it was always going to take time for me to think things through and sit down with my family and decide what's best for me," he said.

"I think the club is heading in the right direction and we have a great culture we have built since I've been at the club at the last five years.

"So I really wanted to stay and be a part of that and I really feel like there is a lot of unfinished business here at the club and also the young guys coming through, so really excited by that and the coaching group."

"In the end it was a pretty easy decision. It just took some time."

I like all of those except i have a feeling mundy is past his best

Me too. But I think Mundy can easily have his role changed (we're in need of players capable of rebounding with elite skill) so his decline will not be so pronounced.

Will still play to 34 IMO and possibly will be part (or perhaps even a main cog)of the next premiership drive ala Luke Hodge.

Mundy's value is distributing the ball from defense, not intercept marking.

We don't have a problem stopping opposition thrusts, we have a problem turning that into scoring for us. They too often end up rebounding back into our defense because our delivery forward is so poor.

Yeah and for that reason I don't think Mundy's decline will impact much on his importance to us or his effectiveness. These big bodied, elite skilled midfielders can play to 34 in ball distribution roles ala Hodge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mundy has played while managing a niggly calf this season and yeah of course eventually his input will decline but I don't see a lot of evidence of that just yet,considering what he's been dealing with.He reads the play like it's written in font 50 so speed is compensated for.Currently I reckon it's him and Sonny as our flattest,speediest most accurate and most creative/damaging deliverers by foot.So if Barra goes back and Sonny goes to 70% midfield time it's a good result for our DE in critical areas.

Last edited:
On that, do you think that Walters has been a little off after the move into the midfield? Normally he's such a clean one-touch player that when his output is down, you really notice it. Shanked kicks, consecutive OOB, in amongst the sublime stuff

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-06-27/contract-talk-was-garbage-says-docker-lachie-neale

FREMANTLE midfielder Lachie Neale says there was "a bit of garbage" written about his contract situation this year and his loyalty to the Dockers and belief in the club's future were the major reasons he decided to stay.

Neale, 23, signed a three-year contract extension to remain at the club until the end of 2019.

The South Australian said the speculation surrounding his contract negotiations this year had amused him given he had followed a plan he had set out late last year.

"It was surprising to me," Neale said on Monday.

"I always had this plan from basically September last year so I knew in my mind some of the stuff that was being written and what not was a bit of garbage."

Neale said he was aware of offers made from other clubs to his management but he only ever wanted to deal with Fremantle.

"(I was aware of) bits and pieces but to be honest we didn't go into too much detail," Neale said.

"It was up to me whether I delved into that much and I didn't. I wanted to deal with Fremantle and that's the way it stayed."

Fremantle recruited Neale from Glenelg with pick No.58 in the 2011 NAB AFL draft. He is still very close to his family in South Australia and did discuss his future with them.

But ultimately his belief in the Dockers' future and a sense of loyalty to the club that gave him a chance were the determining factors in why he chose to stay.

"Obviously with my family being interstate I sat down with them and had a couple of really good discussions with them and obviously the future of the club as well," Neale said.

"I'm here to win games of footy and I see that happening in the future. That's another big reason.

"And also a bit of loyalty. This club gave me the chance five years ago now and I was a pretty late draft pick. So they took a chance on me and to repay them as well was another factor."

http://www.watoday.com.au/afl/frema...-dotted-line-for-dockers-20160627-gpslwx.html

Dockers' young-gun Lachie Neale joked the first he knew about his three-year deal with Fremantle was when he woke up on Saturday morning after his phone was going nuts.

There had been speculation for months the 23-year-old was looking at heading back to his native South Australia.

But on Saturday morning many media outlets were reporting the on-baller, who has been the Dockers' standout player during a disastrous year, had signed with the club until 2019.

"I haven't actually signed the contract," Neale told Radio 6IX on Monday morning.

"I woke up on Saturday and there was a bit going on with my phone and whatnot."

"I only just found out my management and the club had come to an agreement but the process is taking a little while for me to sign it. But it's all agreed to and whatnot.

"Yeah, a good result for myself and a good result for the club."

The dual Ross Glendinning Medal winner said he spoke to his manager Tim Lawrence before the Dockers' game against the Pies on Friday night, who told him negotiations were going well.

"I spoke to my manager Friday afternoon and he said it was looking really good and he said 'I'll speak to you tomorrow' and that was that," he said.

Neale said he was always going to stay at Fremantle.

"For me it was a bit of a process... it was always going to take time for me to think things through and sit down with my family and decide what's best for me," he said.

"I think the club is heading in the right direction and we have a great culture we have built since I've been at the club at the last five years.

"So I really wanted to stay and be a part of that and I really feel like there is a lot of unfinished business here at the club and also the young guys coming through, so really excited by that and the coaching group."

"In the end it was a pretty easy decision. It just took some time."

But thats not what Hackdorn said. He stated that Lachie was chasing $650,000 a year and as there where no takers he decided to stay with Freo. Hackdorn is a tosser and liar and I hope the club bans his arse from any info about anything to do with Freo.

I hope the club bans his arse
Or just allow Ross to crack the reptile.
do you think that Walters has been a little off after the move into the midfield?
I've thought Sonny has been trying to do too much to turn games and our s**t season around;provide leadership/inspiration game winning plays "with this kick" or every possession.
Will adjust but at the minute with other guns missing is outthinking himself and putting counter-productive pressure on himself to change the flow of a game with every touch rather than his natural instinctive team play which also happens to inspire.
Queer paradox whereby his effort to take greater responsibility and provide greater leadership and game changing plays actually tends to do him cocking it up more than if he wasn't trying to drag us out of the mire type of thingo_O:huh:

Or just allow Ross to crack the reptile.

I've thought Sonny has been trying to do too much to turn games and our s**t season around;provide leadership/inspiration game winning plays "with this kick" or every possession.
Will adjust but at the minute with other guns missing is outthinking himself and putting counter-productive pressure on himself to change the flow of a game with every touch rather than his natural instinctive team play which also happens to inspire.
Queer paradox whereby his effort to take greater responsibility and provide greater leadership and game changing plays actually tends to do him cocking it up more than if he wasn't trying to drag us out of the mire type of thingo_O:huh:

That's a very good point. Seeing Walters kick OOB on the full actually served to relax my view of D Pearce. If our best kick can fluff them because of the role he's playing - I wonder if the same applies to our outside mids

But thats not what Hackdorn said. He stated that Lachie was chasing $650,000 a year and as there where no takers he decided to stay with Freo. Hackdorn is a tosser and liar and I hope the club bans his arse from any info about anything to do with Freo.

His articles should be used as a laxative with the amount of s**t he pulls out of his arse.

A 6pr caller pulled him up on Saturday morning on his bullshit - pointed out his "inside scoops" on Neale & Pavlich (last year) were completely wrong - caller said he's no George Grlusich - and questioned why anyone should believe his rumours. & gee, Hackdorn sure took the bait - got ultra defensive & stewed over the comments for quite a while.
I reckon Bigfooty Freo Crew should take turns once a week to call in & pull him up on bullshit. He'll lose it. Hopefully, might get the sack. Pox faced git.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That ban by the club has been in place for a while now; that's why he makes up stuff.

A 6pr caller pulled him up on Saturday morning on his bullshit - pointed out his "inside scoops" on Neale & Pavlich (last year) were completely wrong - caller said he's no George Grlusich - and questioned why anyone should believe his rumours. & gee, Hackdorn sure took the bait - got ultra defensive & stewed over the comments for quite a while.
I reckon Bigfooty Freo Crew should take turns once a week to call in & pull him up on bullshit. He'll lose it. Hopefully, might get the sack. Pox faced git.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BUT THAT WOULD MEAN HAVING TO LISTEN TO HIS DRIVEL IN THE FIRST PLACE! :eek:

BUT THAT WOULD MEAN HAVING TO LISTEN TO HIS DRIVEL IN THE FIRST PLACE! :eek:
That's my issue,and there's a few others too.
I enjoy listening to the links posted on here with Freo officials etc. but couldn't be bothered listening to the station unless it's broadcasting a game I can't get elsewhere.
Their ratings are plummeting so Doghorn will be selling crack in Hyde Park soon enough.o_Oo_O

Remove this Banner Ad

Back